steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

China Brings Anthem Disrespect Laws to Hong Kong
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9444
Page 1 of 2

Author:  COR-TEN [ Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  China Brings Anthem Disrespect Laws to Hong Kong

Quote:
Hong Kong residents who boo the Chinese national anthem might soon face up to three years in prison.

Democracy activists fear the new law could be used to undermine freedom of expression in the territory, which enjoys freedoms not seen on the mainland.


http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-41870206

Author:  swissvale72 [ Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: China Brings Anthem Disrespect Laws to Hong Kong

Thanks for posting; perfect example of what would be a violation of 1st amendment rights in the United States. Douchebags like kaepernick can "demonstrate" to their heart's content and be free from prosecution. They are not though, entitled to continued employment from private entities.

Author:  SteelerChef [ Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: China Brings Anthem Disrespect Laws to Hong Kong

Good ol discrimination huh swiss....?

:roll:

Author:  swissvale72 [ Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: China Brings Anthem Disrespect Laws to Hong Kong

SteelerChef wrote:
Good ol discrimination huh swiss....?

:roll:


Where's the discrimination, STD? Private employers are not compelled to hire people whom they think will negatively affect their business interests.

Author:  SteelerChef [ Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: China Brings Anthem Disrespect Laws to Hong Kong

swissvale72 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Good ol discrimination huh swiss....?

:roll:


Where's the discrimination, STD? Private employers are not compelled to hire people whom they think will negatively affect their business interests.


Its bullshit even tho its legal. This whole idea that employers have any right in regards to a persons non work life is total bullshit.

Author:  955876 [ Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: China Brings Anthem Disrespect Laws to Hong Kong

Ummmm it’s painfully obvious that CK was demonstrating his personal opinions on company time. Your post has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

He’s an employee when he’s standing on those sidelines pregame. Had he been protesting on his own time this wouldn’t even be a topic of discussion nor would there be a controversy.

If he was doing it on his own time and did face repercussions then your post would be spot on. But he wasn’t. And you know that.

At least have some honesty in your counter-points.

Author:  Suwanee88 [ Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: China Brings Anthem Disrespect Laws to Hong Kong

955876 wrote:
Ummmm it’s painfully obvious that CK was demonstrating his personal opinions on company time. Your post has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

He’s an employee when he’s standing on those sidelines pregame. Had he been protesting on his own time this wouldn’t even be a topic of discussion nor would there be a controversy.

If he was doing it on his own time and did face repercussions then your post would be spot on. But he wasn’t. And you know that.

At least have some honesty in your counter-points.

Great post -

Wanted to get that in before this thread gets locked by the riot police

Author:  SteelerChef [ Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: China Brings Anthem Disrespect Laws to Hong Kong

955876 wrote:
Ummmm it’s painfully obvious that CK was demonstrating his personal opinions on company time. Your post has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

He’s an employee when he’s standing on those sidelines pregame. Had he been protesting on his own time this wouldn’t even be a topic of discussion nor would there be a controversy.

If he was doing it on his own time and did face repercussions then your post would be spot on. But he wasn’t. And you know that.

At least have some honesty in your counter-points.


You are quite unaware or willfully ignorant

Author:  955876 [ Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: China Brings Anthem Disrespect Laws to Hong Kong

Neither. I do know the difference however between my time and company time.

Author:  SteelerChef [ Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: China Brings Anthem Disrespect Laws to Hong Kong

955876 wrote:
Neither. I do know the difference however between my time and company time.


Lol ....ok Rockefeller

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/