It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9099
Mahomes has done zero to be that high btw


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6898
GreekSteel wrote:
Mahomes has done zero to be that high btw

You know B2B...when he loves a player, he LOVES a player! :lol:

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9099
Jobus Rum wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Mahomes has done zero to be that high btw

You know B2B...when he loves a player, he LOVES a player! :lol:




i like the player as well, granted not as much as B2B but let him do something , anything first.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6898
GreekSteel wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Mahomes has done zero to be that high btw

You know B2B...when he loves a player, he LOVES a player! :lol:




i like the player as well, granted not as much as B2B but let him do something , anything first.

I like him too...I think he’s going to be one of the games Top QBs in 2-3 years.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16339
I basing it on what we'll think 1/2 way through the 2018 season. By the time we get to the playoffs, that's the way we'll see the QBs.

Mahomes has done nothing but look like the guy we thought he could be, and now that they gave him the keys, I expect a lot of success. His 2018 should be Dak Prescott 2016-ish.

I know I'm making a bold prediction, but he fits where I have him slotted.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16339
Let me put it this way: would you trade Mahomes for any of the QBs in tiers below him? Of course you wouldn't.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9099
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Let me put it this way: would you trade Mahomes for any of the QBs in tiers below him? Of course you wouldn't.



still cant put him there, he hasnt taken a meaningful nfl snap yet


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16339
GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Let me put it this way: would you trade Mahomes for any of the QBs in tiers below him? Of course you wouldn't.



still cant put him there, he hasnt taken a meaningful nfl snap yet

Let's talk halfway through 2018.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
smithessmokin wrote:
I've heard that Denver is the front runner for Cousins, a friend of mine in the scouting community said a deal supposedly has been in place.


I agree, this has been the scuttlebutt for a few weeks now

some new news today

Quote:
Speaking at the Super Bowl on Wednesday, Broncos OLB Von Miller said, "We need Kirk [Cousins]. I would like to have Kirk."

"Kirk could take us over the edge," Miller continued. The Broncos currently sit in the middle of the pack in 2018 cap space at just over $26 million, but space can be created rather easily in the NFL. GM John Elway is going to do everything in his power to get at least one new quarterback in the building after the Broncos have missed the playoffs two consecutive seasons with Trevor Siemian. Expect Denver to be right there with the Jets and others in pursuit of Cousins.
Related: Broncos
Source: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1744
GreekSteel wrote:
If any advanced stat shows you that Bortles is as good as Cousins, throw it in the trash. Its called an off year, for Wash. Maybe Cousins is licking his chops to face Tomlins defense after what a jag (and jag might be high praise) like Bortles just did to it. Buff with throw alot of cash at him no doubt..i think its Den or Buff, possibly Jax as well..great defense and warm weather, Robinson back, ya i could see that one as well.


Bortles was 14/26 for 214 yards and 1 TD in that playoff game, let's not act like he was Dan Marino.

Our front 7 got abused by their line and Bortles made a couple passes to wide open receivers when we threw everything we had at their running game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5503
Cousins had ZERO talent around him 0.0 ZILCH. Josh Doctson, Crowder and nobody at RB. A tight end that's never on the field.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16339
Fournette is the only Jags skill player worth a shit, so that argument might actually be in Bortles' favor.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5503
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Fournette is the only Jags skill player worth a shit, so that argument might actually be in Bortles' favor.


Dominant run game makes the QB's job much easier. Jags O-line is also far superior.


My main point is that Alex Smith is in BIG trouble in DC unless they sign some major talent at the offensive skill positions.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7617
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
If any advanced stat shows you that Bortles is as good as Cousins, throw it in the trash. Its called an off year, for Wash. Maybe Cousins is licking his chops to face Tomlins defense after what a jag (and jag might be high praise) like Bortles just did to it. Buff with throw alot of cash at him no doubt..i think its Den or Buff, possibly Jax as well..great defense and warm weather, Robinson back, ya i could see that one as well.


Bortles was 14/26 for 214 yards and 1 TD in that playoff game, let's not act like he was Dan Marino.

Our front 7 got abused by their line and Bortles made a couple passes to wide open receivers when we threw everything we had at their running game.

I'm glad somebody made this point because I keep reading how our defense got abused by the Bortles-led Jag offense. Bortles was the beneficiary of the fact that we couldn't stop the run to save our lives, had to allocate too many resources to it, and got burned on play action passes that a high school QB could have completed.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group