It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Alex Smiff to Skins
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:16 pm 

Cousins had ZERO talent around him 0.0 ZILCH. Josh Doctson, Crowder and nobody at RB. A tight end that's never on the field.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:52 pm 

Fournette is the only Jags skill player worth a shit, so that argument might actually be in Bortles' favor.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:58 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Fournette is the only Jags skill player worth a shit, so that argument might actually be in Bortles' favor.

Dominant run game makes the QB's job much easier. Jags O-line is also far superior.

My main point is that Alex Smith is in BIG trouble in DC unless they sign some major talent at the offensive skill positions.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:40 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
If any advanced stat shows you that Bortles is as good as Cousins, throw it in the trash. Its called an off year, for Wash. Maybe Cousins is licking his chops to face Tomlins defense after what a jag (and jag might be high praise) like Bortles just did to it. Buff with throw alot of cash at him no doubt..i think its Den or Buff, possibly Jax as well..great defense and warm weather, Robinson back, ya i could see that one as well.

Bortles was 14/26 for 214 yards and 1 TD in that playoff game, let's not act like he was Dan Marino.

Our front 7 got abused by their line and Bortles made a couple passes to wide open receivers when we threw everything we had at their running game.

I'm glad somebody made this point because I keep reading how our defense got abused by the Bortles-led Jag offense. Bortles was the beneficiary of the fact that we couldn't stop the run to save our lives, had to allocate too many resources to it, and got burned on play action passes that a high school QB could have completed.