It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Shutdown CB Patrick Peterson may be available from Cardi
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:02 pm 

DP39 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Deonne Buccanon is barely playing for AZ... there's a realistic trade option that could really help as dime backer OR starter at Mack.

Just curious, but is Bucannon much different than Edmunds really. If/when Burnett is healthy, I could see Edmunds doing some of the same things you would want Bucannon to do...no?

Buchanon has already done those things well at the pro level, and it allows you to plug in Edmunds' athletic skills somewhere else?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:53 pm 

I can say the Steelers can at least look into this

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:39 pm 

Look at the league. You can't have too many athletes in the back seven.

Conley was over drafted, but he's got ball skills, he's played a lot of man coverage, and he's not afraid to stick his head in and tackle.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:19 pm 

Seems we might be better off trading or signing defensive players given the miss rate Tombert has had of late in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:35 pm 

B I N G O!

955876 wrote:
Seems we might be better off trading or signing defensive players given the miss rate Tombert has had of late in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:14 pm 

Trade LeVeon Bell to the Raiders for Gareon Conley, Karl Joseph, and Amari Cooper. Lynch looks to be out for the long haul and they really need RB help now.

Yeah, slightly lopsided but they'd get rid of three players that aren't fitting the environment that Gruden is building there. I'd be fine with throwing in a draft pick too.

We do that it's time to dump Coty Sensabaugh, Jordan Dangerfield, and one of Justin Hunter/Darrius Heyward-Bey.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:58 pm 

smithessmokin wrote:
Trade LeVeon Bell to the Raiders for Gareon Conley, Karl Joseph, and Amari Cooper. Lynch looks to be out for the long haul and they really need RB help now.

Yeah, slightly lopsided but they'd get rid of three players that aren't fitting the environment that Gruden is building there. I'd be fine with throwing in a draft pick too.

We do that it's time to dump Coty Sensabaugh, Jordan Dangerfield, and one of Justin Hunter/Darrius Heyward-Bey.

That would be outrageously awesome, but...Gruden is blowing things up, why the hell would he want Lev Bell?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:06 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
smithessmokin wrote:

That would be outrageously awesome, but...Gruden is blowing things up, why the hell would he want Lev Bell?

SHHHHH!!! Who cares?? Let him take Bell!! Don't tip him off!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:55 pm 

I don't really care for Bucannon. I believe him to be overrated. I think this defense has their future safeties and praying they have their future Mack LB'er (Thomas). Big Dime could 'theoretically' be played by Brian Allen. That is in his wheelhouse but for some reason this staff won't give Allen his due. With Burnett always injured I'd be giving Allen those snaps. I would rather they went and picked up a solid man cover CB with size, speed and ball skills to compliment Haden before Haden hangs 'em up. Bench Burns.... JMO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:43 pm 

Arizona was destroyed by Denver 45-10 today. Maybe Peterson will become available for a trade. Arizona needs help badly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:30 pm 

The Steelers will need to drop 3 players from the roster very soon. Eli Rodgers, Ola and Bell need roster spots. Instead of trying to get Brian Allen back to the practice squad or just downright cutting guys, I sure hope they try to swing a trade.

Guys I think could be let go for the right deal:
LeVeon Bell - of course
Justin Hunter - with Eli Rodgers returning
Steven Ridley - with Bell coming back
Sensabaugh
Burns
Manetavich
Dangerfield
Grimble

Would love to see the Steelers knock the Cardinals socks off for Peterson. Maybe a #2 pick and two or three of the players listed. Then trade Bell to the Packers for a #2.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:40 pm 

Rapin Lev isn't showing up until after the trade deadline. Loves the Steelers too much. Got a bitch slap from his mother.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:40 pm 

Rapin Lev isn't showing up until after the trade deadline. Loves the Steelers too much. Got a bitch slap from his mother.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:42 pm 

Doubtful Bell will sign before the trade deadline.

But, sure, go get Peterson. We're going to have the money next year, without Shazier and Bell's cap, and if you could get a Peterson with a late R2 you jump on it.

Counting this year, I think Ben has 2-3 years left at an elite level. Gotta make moves to take advantage of that window. Unfortunately, Ben's game has never been like Peyton or Brady, so he won't decline gracefully playing like Favre. Which is a long way of saying Ben will age into a liability, rather than a solid QB you can still carry.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:00 am 

Whatever decision(s) we make in the next couple weeks will be very telling as to the mindset of the organization.

Current roster can't compete with the chiefs, and that's what we have to be looking at in regards to the post season. The chiefs' defense is improving. And their offense is not showing any signs of slowing down. I'd say that they are a more confidant and solid offense than the one we faced earlier this season.

Our offense is getting slightly better, but doesn't have much more of an upside. That being said, a mistake free Steeler offense is capable against the rest of the league.

But our defense...

Without roster change on defense, we aren't getting past the chiefs. I believe our current roster can win a shootout against Brady this year. I really do. But I don't believe we have anything for the chiefs. Our offense would have to score 7 on every possession, because that's just about what their offense would do to us.

So if we don't pull off a substantial trade for defensive help, the organization simply isn't trying to win it this year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:52 am 

The Chargers are a team to look out for. I think they've gone unnoticed or are dismissed by nfl media and are 'sneaking' their way into the big show.