It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TE Michael Egnew
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 am
Posts: 3032
I'm on record as having been a fan of Egnew in the draft process. His time in Miami has proven me wrong. I wouldn't consider him at all if our 3rd TE situation wasn't so hideous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TE Michael Egnew
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9097
SP wrote:
I'm on record as having been a fan of Egnew in the draft process. His time in Miami has proven me wrong. I wouldn't consider him at all if our 3rd TE situation wasn't so hideous.




which is precisely why id be bringing him in


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TE Michael Egnew
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:26 pm
Posts: 3329
Missourri Tigers right? If same guy I'm thinking of, wasn't a fan in college

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TE Michael Egnew
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 am
Posts: 3032
He seems to be a head case, very soft mentally and on the field. Better athlete than football player.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TE Michael Egnew
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16332
could he be worse than Paulson? I'm just asking.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TE Michael Egnew
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:34 pm
Posts: 547
He was part of the main feature last season on "Hard Knocks"

Every coach was pissed about his work ethic and desire to play football.

From the episode, he was supposed to be a big part of their offense and they really wanted to the guy to succeed.

They must of had enough of his passive attitude, I don't know if that's the type of guy the Steelers need right now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TE Michael Egnew
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
ChippedHamSandwich wrote:
They must of had enough of his passive attitude, I don't know if that's the type of guy the Steelers need right now


He'd fit right in...

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TE Michael Egnew
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6894
bradshaw2ben wrote:
could he be worse than Paulson? I'm just asking.

Yes.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TE Michael Egnew
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 am
Posts: 3032
bradshaw2ben wrote:
could he be worse than Paulson? I'm just asking.


That's like given the choice between a shit sandwich and a shit shake. Define worse.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TE Michael Egnew
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:21 pm
Posts: 97
Jeemie wrote:
ChippedHamSandwich wrote:
They must of had enough of his passive attitude, I don't know if that's the type of guy the Steelers need right now


He'd fit right in...


LOL...:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TE Michael Egnew
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9097
Claimed by the Lions


Quote:
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero · 1m
#Lions weren't the only team interested in Egnew, a former 3rd-round pick. #Seahawks put in a claim, too. Detroit had priority (obviously).



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TE Michael Egnew
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13534
GreekSteel wrote:
Claimed by the Lions


Quote:
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero · 1m
#Lions weren't the only team interested in Egnew, a former 3rd-round pick. #Seahawks put in a claim, too. Detroit had priority (obviously).



6 TE's on their current roster with the addition of Egnew. Ebron, Fauria, Maxwell, Pettigrew, Thompson and now Egnew. Hmmm....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TE Michael Egnew
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:42 pm
Posts: 2331
Steelafan77 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Claimed by the Lions


Quote:
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero · 1m
#Lions weren't the only team interested in Egnew, a former 3rd-round pick. #Seahawks put in a claim, too. Detroit had priority (obviously).



6 TE's on their current roster with the addition of Egnew. Ebron, Fauria, Maxwell, Pettigrew, Thompson and now Egnew. Hmmm....


I didn't realize Bruce Arians coached the Lions.

_________________
Image

This is what mediocrity looks like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TE Michael Egnew
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6894
SteelBack wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Claimed by the Lions




6 TE's on their current roster with the addition of Egnew. Ebron, Fauria, Maxwell, Pettigrew, Thompson and now Egnew. Hmmm....


I didn't realize Bruce Arians coached the Lions.

Isn't the over abundance of TEs a Haley thing?

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group