It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: OT: Pats trade Logan Mankins to Bucs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:22 pm 

Mankins is about the same age as faneca was when he left for the jets. Faneca was coming off an allpro season (unlike mankins), and we had no other iol players who should have been nfl starters.

If we could have gotten dustin keller and a 4th for him? I do that in a heartbeat. Why didn't we tag/trade?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:26 pm 
Mankins was all pro last season...we should have made Faneca a realistic offer...Pats got it broke off up in em.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:32 pm 

Zivco wrote:
Mankins was all pro last season...we should have made Faneca a realistic offer...Pats got it broke off up in em.
mankins was a 2nd team all-pro in 2011, hasn't been since.

I think we offered faneca something reasonable, but he wasn't worth anything near what he got. Still would have been nice to have gotten something for him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:53 pm 
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000308570/article/2013-allpro-teams

That says second team last year.

I don't think we should have offered Jets money...I do believe him when he say's Rooney lied and low balled him...he played injured, out of position, the pass pro gurus had troubles with him at the end...but I think he got a couple more pro bowls after.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:32 pm 

steelclan wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Just that they were able to off load a huge cap hit and aging player while in return receiving a 4th RND draft pick in 2015 in addition a young TE with good upside potential. The pick by itself in combination with dropping your total cap hit by themselves is working out well IMO. Never happen for the Steelers. Couldn't trade Woodley away if their lives depended on it. Had to cut him. Most recent case for Steelers. Should I even mention Willie Colon? Oh, guess I just did. The one trade that they did mange (Holmes) was for a bucket of spit and a case of Coors Lite.

Brady is 37 years old. Cap space doesnt mean a damn thing unless you use it, they've had multiple chances to do so and havent.

Really you want to discuss poor signings and believe the Pats are the model to use? Adalius Thomas ring a bell? Roosevelt Colvin? The Haynesworth and Ocho cinco debacle? Brandon Lloyd? OOps we ignored our young TE was a huge liability Hernandez? Letting Welker walk, yeh how did that work for Brady and what did they get in return?

Contrary to popular belief not every move the Pats make is above the line and in fact looking at their drafts and FA signings I sometimes wonders if folks just refuse to acknowledge when they make mistakes because lord knows there are plenty of them.

Not saying anything of the sort. You do this shit all the time. Put words in my mouth thinking you fucking have a clue exactly what I was about to say or have said in Your Perception. Discussing football with you is like drinking a glass of poison hoping the other dies first. I forget you know it all right? In MY Opinion the cheats got the better end of the stick here. Go psycho anal-retentive-yze someone else's posted opinion. In the end I honestly don't give a flying fuck what you got to say on My Opinion. Tired of it. Fuck off outta here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:49 pm 

steelclan wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Just that they were able to off load a huge cap hit and aging player while in return receiving a 4th RND draft pick in 2015 in addition a young TE with good upside potential. The pick by itself in combination with dropping your total cap hit by themselves is working out well IMO. Never happen for the Steelers. Couldn't trade Woodley away if their lives depended on it. Had to cut him. Most recent case for Steelers. Should I even mention Willie Colon? Oh, guess I just did. The one trade that they did mange (Holmes) was for a bucket of spit and a case of Coors Lite.

Brady is 37 years old. Cap space doesnt mean a damn thing unless you use it, they've had multiple chances to do so and havent.

Really you want to discuss poor signings and believe the Pats are the model to use? Adalius Thomas ring a bell? Roosevelt Colvin? The Haynesworth and Ocho cinco debacle? Brandon Lloyd? OOps we ignored our young TE was a huge liability Hernandez? Letting Welker walk, yeh how did that work for Brady and what did they get in return?

Contrary to popular belief not every move the Pats make is above the line and in fact looking at their drafts and FA signings I sometimes wonders if folks just refuse to acknowledge when they make mistakes because lord knows there are plenty of them.

This!!! Why was BB voted top coach?? his 3 asterisk superbowls?? He is as bad as ever the past 8 years.....drafts shit, cheating, trades...... yet they worship him.

Sucking cock is better serverd profession after he hangs it up

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:16 am 

Never at any point did I state the cheats are the gold standard where football transactions are concerned. My point was not about whether their past transactions where good business moves or bad ones. Every Franchise makes bone headed moves. Hence the Colon example. The Woodley example was because Woodley still had gas in the tank. The Steelers couldn't trade him and had to cut him.

What I did say was that I thought the cheats got the better end of this deal. Again, my opinion. Trading an aging veteran saving cap space while adding another [future] draft pick is coming out ahead in my book. Whether they choose to use the additional cap space this season or not remember it does carry over for next year. For example perhaps they choose to lock up Revis for a few more years. The savings in cap space with play into a move like that.

Whatever they decide to do with that cap space, draft pick and unknown young TE is up to them. At least they got something in return is my point. So essentially Mankins helped the franchise while an employee there and now helps them as an Ex- employee. Oh and finally who gives a fuck about 37 year old marsha? Apparently the cheats don't why should you?

Fire Away....