It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Board suggestion: "Other Teams" subforum
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:04 am 

First, I appreciate everything that goes into this site, and I don't mean any suggestion as a slight against that.

One thing I have thought might be nice to have is a "Non-Steelers Football" subforum. A lot of the "OT" posts we get in the Steelers forum are about news from other teams, and then they get moved to somewhere they don't fit very neatly (General; Other Sports). It might be nice to have a forum just for discussions and news about other teams. Keeps this subforum strictly Steelers, but allows for free discussion on other teams elsewhere. We're all Steelers fans, but I also imagine most of us are football fans in general.

Caveat to all of this: I don't know how technically difficult this is. Might be easier said than done.

"Go pound sand" is a fair response.

Post subject: Re: Board suggestion: "Other Teams" subforum
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:53 am 

SteelerDog wrote:
generally i think sub forums limit discussion.........all 31 lesser teams and their goings on are of some import to Steeler fans imo

Very true, but most of the time they get moved anyway from what I've seen. A subforum would allow discussion to go on unfettered and make less work for mods.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:05 pm 

go pound sand.

We dont need more forums to split up NFL discussion. Because a lot of people wont visit them.

I treat the Steeler Football Discussion forum as a general NFL forum, and I think it works well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:13 pm 

StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
go pound sand.

We dont need more forums to split up NFL discussion. Because a lot of people wont visit them.

I treat the Steeler Football Discussion forum as a general NFL forum, and I think it works well.

I'd be cool with that too. But those topics get moved. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the mods treat the Steelers forum as the NFL forum.

Limited examples since we lost all posts, but see the Johnny Manziel bust thread.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:54 pm 

Now that we have this sub. Maybe Fury will honor my 6 year request of a Pats rant sub forum :)

Sand is soft too