It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Outside The Lines - NFL protecting the head
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:28 am 

I am watching a pretty good Outside the Lines right now about the NFL's attempt to protect the head and how it is causing war on the player's knees.

Titans Michael Griffin, who was fined and suspended for 1 game last year as a repeat offender, was interviewed - he said that the competition committee told him that "sometimes you have to let the man catch the ball and tackle him after he catches it." He said he told his coach this and the coach said that was crazy.

Dustin Keller got his knee blown out last year as a result of DJ Swearinger hitting him low and he later admitted to hitting him low because of the new rules.

Keller says that in 20 years you may see players come back and take legal action against the NFL for all of the knee injuries that are going to occur as a result of protecting the head and how the NFL is not protecting the knee.

This league is fucked. It will be flag football before you know it. The Lawyers ruined MLB and they will eventually ruin the NFL too.

I would like just like to start re-watching the NFL from 1960 and forward each Sunday - NFL RETRO CHANNEL. I would seriously sign up for this channel.

Post subject: Re: Outside The Lines - NFL protecting the head
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:34 am 

I've said before that if there was ever another players strike, I'd like the NFL to pick a season from the past and show its games each week as if they were new. Imagine they pick the 1978 season, and you get to watch those Steelers again. I think that would be fun. Of course they could pick 1988, but that could still be fun just to see Chuck and those guys again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:52 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
I am watching a pretty good Outside the Lines right now about the NFL's attempt to protect the head and how it is causing war on the player's knees.

Titans Michael Griffin, who was fined and suspended for 1 game last year as a repeat offender, was interviewed - he said that the competition committee told him that "sometimes you have to let the man catch the ball and tackle him after he catches it." He said he told his coach this and the coach said that was crazy.

Dustin Keller got his knee blown out last year as a result of DJ Swearinger hitting him low and he later admitted to hitting him low because of the new rules.

Keller says that in 20 years you may see players come back and take legal action against the NFL for all of the knee injuries that are going to occur as a result of protecting the head and how the NFL is not protecting the knee.

This league is fucked. It will be flag football before you know it. The Lawyers ruined MLB and they will eventually ruin the NFL too.

I would like just like to start re-watching the NFL from 1960 and forward each Sunday - NFL RETRO CHANNEL. I would seriously sign up for this channel.

Blaming the lawyers for ruining the NFL is so ass backwards and fundamentally misunderstands how most lawyers operate and the nature of the claims in the case.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:55 am 

SteelKnife wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

Blaming the lawyers for ruining the NFL is so ass backwards and fundamentally misunderstands how most lawyers operate and the nature of the claims in the case.

OK Perry Mason - why?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:15 am 

"fundamentally misunderstands"

If I ever saw that in a brief I'd fire that lawyer. For sure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:08 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

OK Perry Mason - why?

Because lawyers are bringing these claims at the request of players and on their behalf. Blame retired players.

Blaming lawyers is like blaming pharmacists for someone overdosing on their meds.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:09 pm 

Steeler Jones wrote:
"fundamentally misunderstands"

If I ever saw that in a brief I'd fire that lawyer. For sure.

You must not have been around many lawyers. I think it's in every legal brief ever written unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:41 am 
So much of it is the media...they keep reporting that Boston shit like it's current.http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2014/01/23/CTE-Junk-Science

You have top people like Randolph and a Macarthur genius grant award winner pretty much calling it fraud at this point...but the sissy ass media knows football brings clicks and bucks.