It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Chargers Vow to Go Full Retard (on Bosa)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:41 am 

Colbert should trade them next years #1 for Bosa. Chargers get to stand by their values and the Steelers get a pass rusher.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:09 pm 

I don't know if there are teams that could even fit Bosa under their cap at this point, right?

This sucks for the kid, regardless of which side is 'wrong' here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:21 pm 

The Chargers are wrong. All high draft picks since the rookie cap was put in place get what Bosa is asking for. The Chargers are screwing themselves on principle.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:33 pm 

From everything Slobber has posted, seems Bosa is the asshat, here. Seems like he's trying to nickle and dime everything he can possibly get out of this contract. If I'm SD, I tell him my last offer is the best he's getting. If he doesn't like it, he's free to sit the year out and get nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:30 pm 

They are worried over deferred vs guaranteed money. The money is the same based on the rookie scale. For those stupid principles, they would just flush their draft pick? I would be embarrassed to be a fan of such a cheap owner.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:52 pm 
Do the Chargers get draft pick compensation if he sits a year ?

With salaries being what they are, it might not be the worst thing for a kid to sit and then choose his own team particularly given hes still only gonna be 22 at that point

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:21 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Do the Chargers get draft pick compensation if he sits a year ?

With salaries being what they are, it might not be the worst thing for a kid to sit and then choose his own team particularly given hes still only gonna be 22 at that point

They lose rights to Bosa if he is not signed and Bosa reenters the draft. He is not a FA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:35 pm 

If Bosa sits a year he loses a year of prime earnings. Even if he is all-pro and plays for 12 years, he could've played and been paid for 13 years. Probably loses and average of 8-10M for that lost year. Father time waits for no man.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:27 pm 

I guess I don't identify with Bosa's pov. I can't blame the Chargers for not wanting to contractually let him double dip in year 5, and I don't see how it should matter all that much to Bosa whether he gets that cash in two payments or one lump sum. Either way he gets all his guaranteed money, and either way the Chargers are paying him the entire sum of guaranteed money. I don't see how it's "cheap" of the team to not want to pay a guy in year 5 who's no longer on the squad.

Maybe i'm not seeing the fine print or something but that's my understanding in a nutshell.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:55 pm 
So if he sits a yr he re enters the draft and potentially goes to a worse situation, AND his 2nd team now really has the upper hand because he cant afford to play hardball with 2 teams. Wow. This kid is dumb. I agree with SD.