It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Chargers Vow to Go Full Retard (on Bosa)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:56 pm 
CaptainFantastik wrote:
I guess I don't identify with Bosa's pov. I can't blame the Chargers for not wanting to contractually let him double dip in year 5, and I don't see how it should matter all that much to Bosa whether he gets that cash in two payments or one lump sum. Either way he gets all his guaranteed money, and either way the Chargers are paying him the entire sum of guaranteed money. I don't see how it's "cheap" of the team to not want to pay a guy in year 5 who's no longer on the squad.

Maybe i'm not seeing the fine print or something but that's my understanding in a nutshell.

My thought too. Dumb kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:28 pm 

jebrick wrote:
The Chargers are wrong. All high draft picks since the rookie cap was put in place get what Bosa is asking for. The Chargers are screwing themselves on principle.

Everything I've read points to exactly this ^. Trying to deface the player and his representation through the media is very unethical and poor business practice. Egg is all over the bolts face in this case. JMO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:32 am 

CaptainFantastik wrote:
I guess I don't identify with Bosa's pov. I can't blame the Chargers for not wanting to contractually let him double dip in year 5, and I don't see how it should matter all that much to Bosa whether he gets that cash in two payments or one lump sum. .

From what I was reading/hearing, the difference in the Chargers original position on the payout, and Bosa's camp would have amounted to at least a few hundred thousand in interest.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:29 pm 

Just bringing this thread back to comment on how utterly stupid the Charger FO is. Bosa through 3 games has 4 sacks and 20 QB pressures which is getting close to JJ Watt territory.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:36 pm 

jebrick wrote:
Just bringing this thread back to comment on how utterly stupid the Charger FO is. Bosa through 3 games has 4 sacks and 20 QB pressures which is getting close to JJ Watt territory.

Wow. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:17 pm 

jebrick wrote:

Does Barnaby Jones have 20 QB pressures in his career?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:47 am 

955876 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Does Barnaby Jones have 20 QB pressures in his career?

Not sure of the stats for Barnaby but damn this team needs a beast pass rusher in a monumental way.