It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 815 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82  Next
 Post subject: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:25 pm 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... nal-anthem

Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:11 pm 

Pretty brave move by him given things as they currently are imo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:19 am 

brave or stupid? Not a smart move for a guy that has been such garbage on the field for two years.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:27 am 

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:38 pm 

Please rise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:27 pm 

During the off-season Colin Kaepernick converted to Islam. He plays with a pigskin.

Colin Kaepernick is also engaged to Black Lives Matter activist and hip-hop radio personality DJ Nessa Diab. His ass was saved by white folks who adopted him and loved him as their own. He has a right to express his beliefs including crapping on and betraying people who gave him opportunity because he's in a society that affords him that freedom. He also will have to deal with the consequences. Doubt the league touches this, players will take it upon themselves to respond. In a brutal sport he just motivated opponents. He also alienated himself from the hand that feeds him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:34 pm 

Old School Steeler wrote:
During the off-season Colin Kaepernick converted to Islam. He plays with a pigskin.

Colin Kaepernick is also engaged to Black Lives Matter activist and hip-hop radio personality DJ Nessa Diab. His ass was saved by white folks who adopted him and loved him as their own. He has a right to express his beliefs including crapping on and betraying people who gave him opportunity because he's in a society that affords him that freedom. He also will have to deal with the consequences. Doubt the league touches this, players will take it upon themselves to respond. In a brutal sport he just motivated opponents. He also alienated himself from the hand that feeds him.

This has to haunt him a bit.

How about. All Lives Matter.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:08 pm 

I think he has a point. I hope more celebs take a stand against social injustice.

The fact that many put so much weight on mere symbols like flags, anthems, etc, in a very extreme sense more than justifies a contrarian stance if for no other reason than to remind people what freedom means. The fact that many other issues need attention as well just further underlines the point

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:27 pm 

Interesting. I did not know this. Perhaps Kap is more in tune than people realize

https://theintercept.com/2016/08/28/col ... f-slavery/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:23 pm 

I think he's allowed himself to be caught up in the current media-created wave of racial hysteria the last few years. I won't argue that justice isn't often dispensed differently for the black community but cops kill more white perps than black. And let's be real, when he says "people of color" he's talking about the black community since it's the only thing he pushes on his twitter page. He wants accountability, but I never see the black community take accountability for the massive violence problem within their own communities. They're more worried about the odd instance of "white cop kills black perp". Over 450 murders in Chicago so far this year and not one peep out of BLM about it. And if you're white and criticize the black community they call you a "racist". If you're black and criticize the black community they call you an "uncle tom". So i'm not seeing a lot of self-reflection there. There is injustice to be sure, but the people he's speaking for don't seem to be doing much to help themselves either. Probably close to half the people I work with in healthcare in SoFL are black so don't tell me there isn't opportunity for the black community. Stay in school, pursue secondary education (and follow through with it), and stop killing each other. Start there. Until that starts to happen I couldn't give two shits about his "cause".

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 815 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82  Next