It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3759
Anyway, Comey doesn't agree and neither does Clapper. Looks like fake news to me:

http://townhall.com/columnists/edklein/ ... n-n2259827

Sadly I also couldn't access the NYT piece by Krugman where he predicted the markets would crash after a Trump victory and never recover.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3759
Well, well, they tried to hack the RNC too, but their IT guy could spell:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/republican- ... 1481850043

More DNC projection, blame others for your own failures, this time with IT skillz. The most basic IT skill, not falling for a phishing scam.

More fake news from the NYT. Maybe the NYT will blame the WSJ.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10252
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Well, well, they tried to hack the RNC too, but their IT guy could spell:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/republican- ... 1481850043

More DNC projection, blame others for your own failures, this time with IT skillz. The most basic IT skill, not falling for a phishing scam.

More fake news from the NYT. Maybe the NYT will blame the WSJ.


:lol:

First, you claim (1) "well, they tried to hack the RNC too" while simultaneously claiming (2) "More fake news from the NYT", but 2 is clearly in conflict with 1. Congrats on contradicting yourself.

Second, not only was Podesta foolish, but his email being hacked is a separate, but related issue from the Clinton campaign servers being hacked into. Congrats on being woefully uninformed and yet passing judgment confidently despite this. The WSJ article is correct and does not contradict the NYT articles, WHICH YOU HAVE NOT READ!

You're on a roll Dan, keep it coming.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3759
Meanwhile the CIA has actually not offered any actual EVIDENCE, Assange denies any Russian involvement, , and the FBI doesn't agree, but as a critical thinker with a Ph.D.yet you're sure they're hiding an inside straight! Because it aligns with your worldview.

This is rapidly turning into a Tucker Carlson interview.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/12/ ... candidate/

And the DNC did this, hey and the source is the NYT:

https://twitter.com/OrinKerr/status/808 ... wsrc%5Etfw

The best and brightest, lawyers and government insiders, yeah, let's trust them but fear Trump's generals.

Maybe there's some fake Muslim attacked on the subway hoax you can latch onto as well.

And by the way, McCain and Graham and the rest of the Saudis are our BFFs and Russia the enemy crowd can go fuck themselves. Obama getting his panties in a bunch is also pretty laughable since he was in charge.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10252
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Meanwhile the CIA has actually not offered any actual EVIDENCE, Assange denies any Russian involvement, , and the FBI doesn't agree, but as a critical thinker with a Ph.D.yet you're sure they're hiding an inside straight! Because it aligns with your worldview.

This is rapidly turning into a Tucker Carlson interview.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/12/ ... candidate/

And the DNC did this, hey and the source is the NYT:

https://twitter.com/OrinKerr/status/808 ... wsrc%5Etfw

The best and brightest, lawyers and government insiders, yeah, let's trust them but fear Trump's generals.

Maybe there's some fake Muslim attacked on the subway hoax you can latch onto as well.

And by the way, McCain and Graham and the rest of the Saudis are our BFFs and Russia the enemy crowd can go fuck themselves. Obama getting his panties in a bunch is also pretty laughable since he was in charge.


So now Assange is your trusted source?! :lol:

Tell me more about how this is just a giant conspiracy theory.

You see, what you are doing is trying weasel out of admitting that the Russians tried to influence our election by pointing out the stupidity of the DNC. But the stupidity of the DNC does not negate that the Russians tried to and did fuck with our election.

Why not just admit the obvious, that the Russians fucked with our election?

You were wrong and uninformed and proceeded to post dumb things as a result of being uninformed. It happens.

But what I find so amusing is that you, The Patriot, are seemingly not the least but bothered by the very high likelihood Russian interference.

I wonder if you actually read anything that does not endorse what you already believe.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4324
Something worth mentioning is that so many are pointing fingers about a hack yet don't address or avoid the substance of some of the findings of said hack.

What is a bigger deal, getting hacked or finding out about collusion within the DNC because of the hack? A lot of Sanders supporters should be really upset about the inside efforts of the DNC to hand HRC the nomination. They'll be too busy though convinced the Dems lost all because of some Trump/Putin master plan.

I've asked this before and will do so again. Why in the world would Putin have any concerns about a HRC presidency? He's had a hall pass to do whatever he wants globally under Obama/HRC led foreign policy.

We are always going too be the target of hack attempts. Duh. And yet Obama allowed Hillary to go rouge with her own unsecured server. So they had no concerns over cyber security until they lost the election.

And now all of a sudden it's the Russians fault because of a "hack"? What specifically did this hack do that altered the election besides shed light on things we were not intended to see?

If the breach was able to change actual votes then they can cry foul.

Until then, this is nothing more than excuse making.

Look in the mirror. That's why you lost.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3759
Yes, I love the logic that they are the victims because the other side bothered to pay attention to cybersecurity.

The left is literally going insane:

http://ace.mu.nu/

How is it that Tucker Carlson never had his own show until a month ago?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10252
955876 wrote:
Something worth mentioning is that so many are pointing fingers about a hack yet don't address or avoid the substance of some of the findings of said hack.

What is a bigger deal, getting hacked or finding out about collusion within the DNC because of the hack? A lot of Sanders supporters should be really upset about the inside efforts of the DNC to hand HRC the nomination. They'll be too busy though convinced the Dems lost all because of some Trump/Putin master plan.

I've asked this before and will do so again. Why in the world would Putin have any concerns about a HRC presidency? He's had a hall pass to do whatever he wants globally under Obama/HRC led foreign policy.

We are always going too be the target of hack attempts. Duh. And yet Obama allowed Hillary to go rouge with her own unsecured server. So they had no concerns over cyber security until they lost the election.

And now all of a sudden it's the Russians fault because of a "hack"? What specifically did this hack do that altered the election besides shed light on things we were not intended to see?

If the breach was able to change actual votes then they can cry foul.

Until then, this is nothing more than excuse making.

Look in the mirror. That's why you lost.


You don't get it. This is not about the Dems having lost. If you do not see the problem, quite frankly you're stupid. And I don't think you are stupid.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10252
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Yes, I love the logic that they are the victims because the other side bothered to pay attention to cybersecurity.

The left is literally going insane:

http://ace.mu.nu/

How is it that Tucker Carlson never had his own show until a month ago?


Again, I do not care if the Dems are playing victim card.

The Russians apparently hacked the Dems to fuck with our election.

And you seem not care but are more than happy to make political hay out of it.

If this had happened to the Repubs, I'd be posting the same thing.

Some patriot you turn out to be.

Even ranking Republicans are concerned about it. Because unlike you, they are not stupid about this.

Forget Podesta and his email account laziness. The Clinton campaign servers were hacked into you dope. And they tried to do it the Repubs too.

And yet you are on here complaining that the Dems are acting like victims? Pull your head out of your ass. Our sovereignty was fucked with.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6787
HRC was secretary of state from from 2009 to 2013. Putin and Russia annexed Crimea, invaded Eastern Ukraine and started it's aggressive behavior(fighter jet fly by's and submarine/destroyer incursions) in the spring of 2014, after Clinton left government. For an entire year.

Obama/ EU imposed sanctions on Russia has severely impacted it's economy. The appointment of Pat Tillerson (former CEO of Exxon) as sec of state signals a move to allow Russia and Exxon Mobile to complete the 3 trillion dollar deal to allow Exxon to drill in the arctic, along Russia's borders. A deal that was shelved after Putin invaded Ukraine.

Facts. They are pesky little fuckers, aren't they.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4561
955876 wrote:
Something worth mentioning is that so many are pointing fingers about a hack yet don't address or avoid the substance of some of the findings of said hack.

What is a bigger deal, getting hacked or finding out about collusion within the DNC because of the hack? A lot of Sanders supporters should be really upset about the inside efforts of the DNC to hand HRC the nomination. They'll be too busy though convinced the Dems lost all because of some Trump/Putin master plan.

I've asked this before and will do so again. Why in the world would Putin have any concerns about a HRC presidency? He's had a hall pass to do whatever he wants globally under Obama/HRC led foreign policy.

We are always going too be the target of hack attempts. Duh. And yet Obama allowed Hillary to go rouge with her own unsecured server. So they had no concerns over cyber security until they lost the election.

And now all of a sudden it's the Russians fault because of a "hack"? What specifically did this hack do that altered the election besides shed light on things we were not intended to see?

If the breach was able to change actual votes then they can cry foul.

Until then, this is nothing more than excuse making.

Look in the mirror. That's why you lost.


That's what I've been trying to say. It's like the husband who got caught cheating and then got upset that his wife looked into his phone and blames her for "not trusting him".

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10252
Donnie Brasco wrote:
955876 wrote:
Something worth mentioning is that so many are pointing fingers about a hack yet don't address or avoid the substance of some of the findings of said hack.

What is a bigger deal, getting hacked or finding out about collusion within the DNC because of the hack? A lot of Sanders supporters should be really upset about the inside efforts of the DNC to hand HRC the nomination. They'll be too busy though convinced the Dems lost all because of some Trump/Putin master plan.

I've asked this before and will do so again. Why in the world would Putin have any concerns about a HRC presidency? He's had a hall pass to do whatever he wants globally under Obama/HRC led foreign policy.

We are always going too be the target of hack attempts. Duh. And yet Obama allowed Hillary to go rouge with her own unsecured server. So they had no concerns over cyber security until they lost the election.

And now all of a sudden it's the Russians fault because of a "hack"? What specifically did this hack do that altered the election besides shed light on things we were not intended to see?

If the breach was able to change actual votes then they can cry foul.

Until then, this is nothing more than excuse making.

Look in the mirror. That's why you lost.


That's what I've been trying to say. It's like the husband who got caught cheating and then got upset that his wife looked into his phone and blames her for "not trusting him".


But it is not the issue for me. As you rightly pointed out, hard to prove a counter factual hypothetical. My issue is that Russia very likely messed with our election. How is that not cause for concern? This is not a post election sour grapes issue. This is about sovereignty.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Last edited by Still Lit on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6787
Still Lit wrote:
And they tried to do it the Repubs too.
They deny this. The question I have though, is that if in fact they did hack servers, including the RNC, what kind of info did they get that can be used as leverage? Is this why Preibus is vehemently and with conviction denying the hack?

The Exxon deal will go through, and I predict Putin outright invades Ukraine, and possibly other Baltic states. And Trump and Tillerson will count the money while looking the other way.

Also, how do we know Putin doesn't already have leverage? Trumps business dealings all over the world have holes for corruption and conflict of interest, and people are complaining that Clinton shoved Bernie out in the primaries? WTF? Just like Obama shoved Clinton out. Just like McCain shoved whoever out. As with Romney. And Billy. You have to be naive and willfully ignorant to think both political party's don't have favorites, and will push one candidate over another during the primaries. They liked trump because he is a vessel to be filled with GOP policy.

And I agree. If it would have gone the other way with "hacks," I would have been equally outraged. But accusations of "whining" feels better. Fits the narrative.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Last edited by COR-TEN on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10252
COR-TEN wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
And they tried to do it the Repubs too.
They deny this. The question I have though, is that if in fact they did hack servers, including the RNC, what kind of info did they get that can be used as leverage? Is this why Preibus is vehemently and with conviction denying the hack.

The Exxon deal will go through, and I predict Putin outright invades Ukraine, and possibly other Baltic states. And Trump and Tillerson will count the money while looking the other way.

Also, how do we know Putin doesn't already have leverage? Trumps business dealings all over the world have holes for corruption and conflict of interest, and people are complaining that Clinton shoved Bernie out out in the primaries? WTF? Just like Obama shoved Clinton out. Just like McCain shoved whoever out. As with Romney. And Billy. You have to be naive and willfully ignorant to think both political party's don't have favorites, and will push one candidate over another during the primaries. They liked trump because he is a vessel to be filled with GOP policy.


Hell, I'm just going off of what Dan himself linked to in the WSJ article. Perhaps WSJ is wrong.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1788
COR-TEN wrote:
Obama/ EU imposed sanctions on Russia has severely impacted it's economy. The appointment of Pat Tillerson (former CEO of Exxon) as sec of state signals a move to allow Russia and Exxon Mobile to complete the 3 trillion dollar deal to allow Exxon to drill in the arctic, along Russia's borders. A deal that was shelved after Putin invaded Ukraine.


This can all be explained by the collapse in oil and natural gas prices. Both are currently trading at half the price they were in early 2014. Same can be said for things like aluminum, copper, nickel, etc. - Russia is a major producer of each.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3759
The NYT and the Wapo claim that a source in the intelligence community (who will not be identified or does not exist)says that based upon evidence (that cannot/will not be disclosed or does not exist) believes that entities with ties to Russian intelligence (which ties cannot be disclosed or do not exist) hacked into the DNC and disclosed the undeniable and undenied truth of slimy, condescending, underhanded, back-stabbing dealings and attitude of the DNC who at that time were mostly trying to disenfranchise Sanders supporters.

But, hey, let's go full retard-paranoid based on this. It looks like Emperor Four-Putt is on board with that.

I have no problem with US policy resetting international policy to support natural resources of Russia over natural resources from Saudi and Qatar, who by the way, contributed heavily to the Clinton Foundation when she was Secretary of State as well as ISIS and Al Qaeda. This is also a knock on the Bush administration who were also Saudi puppets.

BTW Colin Kaepernick sucks and Hillary Clinton will never be President.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Dan Smith--BYU on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6787
Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Obama/ EU imposed sanctions on Russia has severely impacted it's economy. The appointment of Pat Tillerson (former CEO of Exxon) as sec of state signals a move to allow Russia and Exxon Mobile to complete the 3 trillion dollar deal to allow Exxon to drill in the arctic, along Russia's borders. A deal that was shelved after Putin invaded Ukraine.


This can all be explained by the collapse in oil and natural gas prices. Both are currently trading at half the price they were in early 2014.
Why do you think they collapsed? It was directly part of the sanctions. Look it up. Opec and other oil producers were encouraged to increase output. It was to reduce the price of oil to impact Russia's profits - seeing how that's the only export it has worth anything. Russia is a giant gas station. The Exxon deal was taken off the table directly because of Putins actions. That's why oil and gas has been so affordable lately. Didn't you notice the last two years there hasn't been a spike in gas prices right before summer? Look here at gas prices over the last four years :

http://then.gasbuddy.com/Retail_Price_Chart.aspx


You'll notice a nose dive in 2014 - the year Russia annexed Crimea. Putin then went on to strike a deal with china and they pinched him because it was the only deal he could get to offset the sanctions. They underbid the deal by like 30%. I just read the other day that OPEC now wants to reduce output again to regain some lost profits.

I'm sure there are other variables, but this one is clear.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Last edited by COR-TEN on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4561
Quote:
But it is not the issue for me. As you rightly pointed out, hard to prove a counter factual hypothetical. My issue is that Russia very likely messed with our election. How is that not cause for concern? This is not a post election sour grapes issue. This is about sovereignty


Would it somehow make you feel better if the Russians attempted to hack the RNC, but for whatever reason couldn't get through? Or are you upset that they released information in general?

"Russia messed with our election" supposes that people saw the information and then changed their minds about whom they voted for. That's a major leap and connection you're attempting make and one that I don't buy, but I can't prove or disprove it either way.

I'm at a point where this hacking doesn't surprise me. I'm sure N Korea has done hacking. I'm sure the Russians have done it previously. I'm certain the FBI/CIA does it to other countries too.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10252
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Quote:
But it is not the issue for me. As you rightly pointed out, hard to prove a counter factual hypothetical. My issue is that Russia very likely messed with our election. How is that not cause for concern? This is not a post election sour grapes issue. This is about sovereignty


Would it somehow make you feel better if the Russians attempted to hack the RNC, but for whatever reason couldn't get through? Or are you upset that they released information in general?

"Russia messed with our election" supposes that people saw the information and then changed their minds about whom they voted for. That's a major leap and connection you're attempting make and one that I don't buy, but I can't prove or disprove it either way.

I'm at a point where this hacking doesn't surprise me. I'm sure N Korea has done hacking. I'm sure the Russians have done it previously. I'm certain the FBI/CIA does it to other countries too.


You sometimes put things in football analogies.

The Pats deflated footballs, but the deflation had no impact on their winning their games. Therefore, their cheating is of no concern. That's your logic here.

You keep harping on the efficacy of the influence.

I don't give a shit about efficacy. I care that an external power attempted to fuck with our sovereignty.

So, no Russia messed with our election does not analytically contain the idea that the hacking was efficacious. That is an inference without justification which you are presuming I am making and I am not and it has nothing to do with my anger.

Let me ask you a question: are you ok with foreign powers hacking into campaign servers? Really?

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1788
COR-TEN wrote:
Why do you think they collapsed? It was directly part of the sanctions. Look it up.

Already have:
http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2014/12/economist-explains-4

Quote:
Four things are now affecting the picture. Demand is low because of weak economic activity, increased efficiency, and a growing switch away from oil to other fuels. Second, turmoil in Iraq and Libya—two big oil producers with nearly 4m barrels a day combined—has not affected their output. The market is more sanguine about geopolitical risk. Thirdly, America has become the world’s largest oil producer. Though it does not export crude oil, it now imports much less, creating a lot of spare supply. Finally, the Saudis and their Gulf allies have decided not to sacrifice their own market share to restore the price. They could curb production sharply, but the main benefits would go to countries they detest such as Iran and Russia. Saudi Arabia can tolerate lower oil prices quite easily. It has $900 billion in reserves. Its own oil costs very little (around $5-6 per barrel) to get out of the ground.

The main effect of this is on the riskiest and most vulnerable bits of the oil industry. These include American frackers who have borrowed heavily on the expectation of continuing high prices. They also include Western oil companies with high-cost projects involving drilling in deep water or in the Arctic, or dealing with maturing and increasingly expensive fields such as the North Sea. But the greatest pain is in countries where the regimes are dependent on a high oil price to pay for costly foreign adventures and expensive social programmes. These include Russia (which is already hit by Western sanctions following its meddling in Ukraine) and Iran (which is paying to keep the Assad regime afloat in Syria). Optimists think economic pain may make these countries more amenable to international pressure. Pessimists fear that when cornered, they may lash out in desperation.

So....no. It doesn't look like OPEC's decision was influenced by any sanctions. They hated Russia anyway. And do you really think that countries like Saudi Arabia and Nigeria gave a shit that Russia invaded Ukraine?
Besides, my point about that Exxon deal was this: Why would they make a major investment in production while oil prices are falling?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4561
Quote:
Let me ask you a question: are you ok with foreign powers hacking into campaign servers? Really?


I never stated I was ok with that. I'm saying that it's highly likely that this electronic espionage happens all over the world and not one superpower has the ability to prevent it from happening. The US (gasp!) participates in it too.

When dealing with deflated footballs, there are measures and controls to ensure this doesn't happen again. To me this is no different than bitching about the wind and cold- your only recourse is to move if you don't like it.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6787
That doesn't dispute my claim at all. I don't have the time to look, but other articles detailing the sanctions suggest otherwise or in addition to. Like I said, it's not the only reason for the plummeting price of oil, but it was a large part.

Also, how much influence do you think the US has over Saudi Arabia? I'd say a lot, especially since they hate Russia. Why would anybody buy gas at a higher price from russia unless they had to?

At any rate, I'm surprised nobody seems to care that the head of exxon was rewarded with the job of sec of state. Ready to fill his former company's coffers with billions if not trillions of dollars. Tillerson holds just over 2.6 million Exxon shares.

http://fortune.com/2016/12/14/rex-tille ... ald-trump/

Trump wants to lift the sanctions, and nobody sees impropriety here?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4324
Quote:
You don't get it. This is not about the Dems having lost. If you do not see the problem, quite frankly you're stupid. And I don't think you are stupid.


Can you be specific then as to what I don't get or the problem I'm not seeing?

I think hacking is a big deal. However, if all the hacking did was expose DNC corruption then what is the bigger deal, the hack or the DNC corruption

It's the ole slight of hand trick. Let's get people worried about that over there so they do not look at what we are doing over here.

I jumped into this part of the covo late so maybe we are talking about different aspects of this.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3759
We're not going to war or even a diplomatic row with Russia about this, unless it's Obama pushing for confrontation in which case Putin is going to laugh it off. So there is no what are we going to do. The UN sure as hell isn't going to do anything and neither is the Hague. We've always had foreign governments try to influence elections, in the case of the Saudis they did it blatantly. So what to do about it is in the future, don't fall for phishing emails and when the FBI gives you a warning, listen. Also teach your IT guy how to spell.

Hillary is never going to be President.

I enjoy typing that so much.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4324
COR-TEN wrote:
HRC was secretary of state from from 2009 to 2013. Putin and Russia annexed Crimea, invaded Eastern Ukraine and started it's aggressive behavior(fighter jet fly by's and submarine/destroyer incursions) in the spring of 2014, after Clinton left government. For an entire year.

Obama/ EU imposed sanctions on Russia has severely impacted it's economy. The appointment of Pat Tillerson (former CEO of Exxon) as sec of state signals a move to allow Russia and Exxon Mobile to complete the 3 trillion dollar deal to allow Exxon to drill in the arctic, along Russia's borders. A deal that was shelved after Putin invaded Ukraine.

Facts. They are pesky little fuckers, aren't they.


Since we are talking "facts" Cor-Ten why don't you highlight the foreign policy success in Syria & Libya. Russia isn't the only game in town you know.

Syria has turned into a huge humanitarian crisis and Libya has become an ISIS hotbed.

Libya in particular was a huge foreign policy gaff and that can absolutely be laid at the feet of HRC and Obama.

They wanted to oust Gaddafi but wanted to avoid the impression of U.S. involvement. So thy began running a secret arms operation to not only arm Libyan rebels but also move weapons into Syria. CIA Annex was there in Benghazi to oversee the whole thing. Which in part was why the "standdown" orders likely came when those cries for help were coming in. That CIA Annex and weapons operation was you know, supposed to be secret.

Backing-up a bit, once they got rid of Gaddafi they left the entire situation to flap in the breeze. Didn't want U.S. boots on the ground so they ignored the situation. Meanwhile Al-Quada flags started to fly all over Benghazi as the unfavorable element took advantage of the power vacuum.

Multiple request for addition security was sent yet ignored by the HRC "led" State Department. Making matters worse, the State Department had contracted out much of the consulates security to a U.K. Based firm with a cost of something like $700k/month. And yet, that security firm didn't have its own personnel to actually secure the Benghazi facility so who did they turn to but local Libyan militias.

Hmmmm, how did all that work out?

It's not only quite possibly but very likely that this HRC led secret war against Gaddafi actually led to the arming of the same groups who ended up killing the Amabassador and others.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Last edited by 955876 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group