It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kaepernick Snubs Anthem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:11 pm 

Quote:
Let me ask you a question: are you ok with foreign powers hacking into campaign servers? Really?

I never stated I was ok with that. I'm saying that it's highly likely that this electronic espionage happens all over the world and not one superpower has the ability to prevent it from happening. The US (gasp!) participates in it too.

When dealing with deflated footballs, there are measures and controls to ensure this doesn't happen again. To me this is no different than bitching about the wind and cold- your only recourse is to move if you don't like it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:12 pm 

That doesn't dispute my claim at all. I don't have the time to look, but other articles detailing the sanctions suggest otherwise or in addition to. Like I said, it's not the only reason for the plummeting price of oil, but it was a large part.

Also, how much influence do you think the US has over Saudi Arabia? I'd say a lot, especially since they hate Russia. Why would anybody buy gas at a higher price from russia unless they had to?

At any rate, I'm surprised nobody seems to care that the head of exxon was rewarded with the job of sec of state. Ready to fill his former company's coffers with billions if not trillions of dollars. Tillerson holds just over 2.6 million Exxon shares.

http://fortune.com/2016/12/14/rex-tille ... ald-trump/

Trump wants to lift the sanctions, and nobody sees impropriety here?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:14 pm 

Quote:
You don't get it. This is not about the Dems having lost. If you do not see the problem, quite frankly you're stupid. And I don't think you are stupid.

Can you be specific then as to what I don't get or the problem I'm not seeing?

I think hacking is a big deal. However, if all the hacking did was expose DNC corruption then what is the bigger deal, the hack or the DNC corruption

It's the ole slight of hand trick. Let's get people worried about that over there so they do not look at what we are doing over here.

I jumped into this part of the covo late so maybe we are talking about different aspects of this.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:29 pm 

We're not going to war or even a diplomatic row with Russia about this, unless it's Obama pushing for confrontation in which case Putin is going to laugh it off. So there is no what are we going to do. The UN sure as hell isn't going to do anything and neither is the Hague. We've always had foreign governments try to influence elections, in the case of the Saudis they did it blatantly. So what to do about it is in the future, don't fall for phishing emails and when the FBI gives you a warning, listen. Also teach your IT guy how to spell.

Hillary is never going to be President.

I enjoy typing that so much.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:31 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
HRC was secretary of state from from 2009 to 2013. Putin and Russia annexed Crimea, invaded Eastern Ukraine and started it's aggressive behavior(fighter jet fly by's and submarine/destroyer incursions) in the spring of 2014, after Clinton left government. For an entire year.

Obama/ EU imposed sanctions on Russia has severely impacted it's economy. The appointment of Pat Tillerson (former CEO of Exxon) as sec of state signals a move to allow Russia and Exxon Mobile to complete the 3 trillion dollar deal to allow Exxon to drill in the arctic, along Russia's borders. A deal that was shelved after Putin invaded Ukraine.

Facts. They are pesky little fuckers, aren't they.

Since we are talking "facts" Cor-Ten why don't you highlight the foreign policy success in Syria & Libya. Russia isn't the only game in town you know.

Syria has turned into a huge humanitarian crisis and Libya has become an ISIS hotbed.

Libya in particular was a huge foreign policy gaff and that can absolutely be laid at the feet of HRC and Obama.

They wanted to oust Gaddafi but wanted to avoid the impression of U.S. involvement. So thy began running a secret arms operation to not only arm Libyan rebels but also move weapons into Syria. CIA Annex was there in Benghazi to oversee the whole thing. Which in part was why the "standdown" orders likely came when those cries for help were coming in. That CIA Annex and weapons operation was you know, supposed to be secret.

Backing-up a bit, once they got rid of Gaddafi they left the entire situation to flap in the breeze. Didn't want U.S. boots on the ground so they ignored the situation. Meanwhile Al-Quada flags started to fly all over Benghazi as the unfavorable element took advantage of the power vacuum.

Multiple request for addition security was sent yet ignored by the HRC "led" State Department. Making matters worse, the State Department had contracted out much of the consulates security to a U.K. Based firm with a cost of something like $700k/month. And yet, that security firm didn't have its own personnel to actually secure the Benghazi facility so who did they turn to but local Libyan militias.

Hmmmm, how did all that work out?

It's not only quite possibly but very likely that this HRC led secret war against Gaddafi actually led to the arming of the same groups who ended up killing the Amabassador and others.

Last edited by 955876 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:34 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
That doesn't dispute my claim at all. I don't have the time to look, but other articles detailing the sanctions suggest otherwise or in addition to. Like I said, it's not the only reason for the plummeting price of oil, but it was a large part.

Also, how much influence do you think the US has over Saudi Arabia? I'd say a lot, especially since they hate Russia. Why would anybody buy gas at a higher price from russia unless they had to?

At any rate, I'm surprised nobody seems to care that the head of exxon was rewarded with the job of sec of state. Ready to fill his former company's coffers with billions if not trillions of dollars. Tillerson holds just over 2.6 million Exxon shares.

http://fortune.com/2016/12/14/rex-tille ... ald-trump/

Trump wants to lift the sanctions, and nobody sees impropriety here?

1. Yes it does. You claimed that oil prices dropped as a direct result of the sanctions. The article I posted lists factors such as decreasing global demand, increasing US production, and international issues unrelated to the Russia/Ukraine conflict. If you have any sources that suggest otherwise, please share.

2. The US doesn't have as much influence as you think. China is a much larger trade partner with the Saudi's than the US. Additionally, Saudi Arabia exports about 3x as much to the US than it imports.

3. He was the CEO of one of the largest companies in the world and came with the endorsement of several former Cabinet members (including a former Secretary of State). Exxon could probably stand to make alot of money from drilling in places like Alaska, Canada, the North Sea, Venezuela, etc. Like 95 just said, Russia isn't the only game in town.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:38 pm 

Quote:
At any rate, I'm surprised nobody seems to care that the head of exxon was rewarded with the job of sec of state. Ready to fill his former company's coffers with billions if not trillions of dollars.

Funny that I've never seen you express any concern for the millions and millions of dollars that flowed into the Clinton "Foundation" while HRC was serving as SOS while on her way to presumably become POTUS.

I wonder if all those big donors are still writing checks.

You are so ready to pounce on corruption you fear might happen all the while ignoring the rampant corruption that's been taking place right under your nose.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:54 pm 

Fun side note - we import about 2x as much petroleum from Canada than we do from the entire Middle East and Russia combined. Yet the same people bemoaning the influence of foreign oil are the ones bitching about constructing a pipeline.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:06 pm 

Quote:
Let me ask you a question: are you ok with foreign powers hacking into campaign servers? Really?

Let's switch this around a bit. Are you ok that the very people complaining about the hacks were the same people who had the most power to stop it?

China hacked us a few years ago did they not? What was Obama's response?

Clearly it wasn't to beef up cyber security.

Obama also allowed his SOS to run all government business from a private unsecured server. A server that had to be shut down by its own IT admin because there were hack attempts.

The Dems are playing the babe in the woods routine.

I'll ask this again, what specifically are you referring to in regards to this "hack"? What info specifically altered our election?

Obama himself has already said voting machines weren't tampered with soooo?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:16 pm 

See below in italics

Pabst wrote:
1. Yes it does. You claimed that oil prices dropped as a direct result of the sanctions. The article I posted lists factors such as decreasing global demand, increasing US production, and international issues unrelated to the Russia/Ukraine conflict. If you have any sources that suggest otherwise, please share. I said the dropping prices were partially artificially induced by the sanctions and requests by the US government. Some. I don't have the time to dig up the data supporting my assertion. It was two years ago. It had a measurable effect. Believe me or not.

2. The US doesn't have as much influence as you think. China is a much larger trade partner with the Saudi's than the US. Additionally, Saudi Arabia exports about 3x as much to the US than it imports. China doesn't act like a big brother protector of Israel. The US also looks the other way in regard to religion, extremism, and governance in Saudi. I don't agree with you that the US has little influence. They do.

3. He was the CEO of one of the largest companies in the world and came with the endorsement of several former Cabinet members (including a former Secretary of State). Exxon could probably stand to make alot of money from drilling in places like Alaska, Canada, the North Sea, Venezuela, etc. Like 95 just said, Russia isn't the only game in town. Wait, two republicans - Condolezza Rice and Robert Gates endorsed him? Of course they would. A lot of places also don't have $3 trillion dollar deals were the beneficiary is the sec of state directly. You can't see the conflict of interest there?

Pabst wrote:
Fun side note - we import about 2x as much petroleum from Canada than we do from the entire Middle East and Russia combined.
Yeah, I'm very well aware of that. People don't realize were the US gets its oil from and automatically think it's from the Middle East.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next