It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is the NFL Worse vs Previous Years?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:31 am 

Personally, I hate instant replays, and I hate that they've added instant replays to other sports, like hockey, basketball and baseball. But it's nowhere near as bad as the NFL, in the NFL replay review is center stage, after almost every play you have announcers demanding, that "maybe we need to take another look at that", many obsessive/compulsive fans even seem to want to have reviews of every play, to make sure everything is perfect.

Damn, I love soccer more than I ever did now, no replays, no stoppages, no commercials except at halftime, and what's happening there? AMERICAN ASSHOLES want to butt into it and RUIN THE SPORT by adding replay reviews.

Honestly, I don't care if there are bad calls, there always where, the game was just more fun when you just moved on, the bad calls evened out eventually.

My daughter is in high school, and now I am again going to watch high school sports, I watch her soccer games and some of the football games, even went to a volleyball game last night, it's fun to watch again after many years of not watching high school sports, and there are plenty of bad calls, I'm just sitting there thinking, "thank god we can play on, and not stop 10 minutes for instant replay".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:39 am 

Music in the mid-70s and got too slick, superficial and baroque. That's the state of sports journalism now. What killed the music establishment in 1977 was punk rock. I bet a gritty down to earth low tech high energy broadcast competing with ESPN would actually destroy them in the ratings. But corporate culture runs on inertia.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:17 pm 

I honestly think football is going to die, two things, the concussion/lawsuits/insurance issues, and they are just making it too dull with the overkill of rules, replays and micromanaging of the game.

One thing they could do, is form a commission to just stream line the rules. Mandate them to eliminate 50% of the rules that cause penalties or a stoppage in play. Another good thing would be take the radios out of the helmets and lower the play clock to 25 seconds, make the QBs earn their money like Bradshaw and Unitas. Go CFL on the motion penalties, why do we have to stop the game because someone flinches? Define a catch very liberally, one foot in, even allow trapping the ball as long as you control it. GET RID OF FUCKING REPLAY! Let 'em celebrate!

You could easily streamline the game, keep it fast and flowing, but they won't do it, they like the over produced, legalistic shit show they've created.

YOU COULD EASILY ELIMINATE 50% of the RULES and nobody would notice!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:49 am 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:30 pm 

Ratings down in every single prime time game this year so far. Love it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... k-two-snf/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:33 pm 

It's starting to happen. People are lamenting and starting to understand, things might be predetermined.

Once the hard core's dwindle, they're fucked

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:29 pm 

MNF ratings down again. :D

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... own-again/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:42 pm 

Numbers down across the board this season so far.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/is-mark-cuba ... 57982.html

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:05 pm 

Yes and it wasn't just the debates Monday. Sunday night's game which should have drawn a huge audience flopped.

I predict Roger the cop loving patriot will emerge in the next two weeks with some new rules about the anthem.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:50 pm 

Quote:
I predict Roger the cop loving patriot will emerge in the next two weeks with some new rules about the anthem.

I don't think even HE is stupid enough to try to pull that one off!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next