It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Texas at New England
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:14 am 

So....given the choice, Suwanee.....

*Steelers win the AFCCG at home against Bungals, Doncos, etc....or...

*Go to Foxboro, where you're just about certain they will LOSE....

You would choose them going to Foxboro?

Lit....I'd be over the moon as well. I've said it before. My top non-sexual fantasy is Steelers winning the AFCCG in Foxboro. That said....my priority is the Steelers WINNING the Super Bowl...NOT beat the Patriots on the way to winning the Super Bowl. I'll go with the easier path every single time....not dissimilar to rooting for injuries.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:15 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
My top non-sexual fantasy is Steelers winning the AFCCG in Foxboro.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:15 am 

Still Lit wrote:
This:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Really hard to watch this shit.

Hate to say it but I have zero faith in the Steelers beating New England in NE or possibly PGH in a playoff game when they are healthy.

sounds like bedwetting.

You can call us boys, tell us to fuck off, tell us you don't give a fuck what we think, etc., etc.

You initiated a thread with a major bedwetter.

Swiss, like Suwanee, I hope the Steelers do have to go through NE and beat those smug assholes.

Unlike Suwanee, I do not have "zero faith" it can be done.

Read his fucking POST Lit. You jab me in the chest - I am coming back to you with a fucking sledge hammer. That is all I know in this life good or bad. I stated my opinion, he got personal. I responded. Get it fucking right Lit.

I don't think it is bed wetting in my view. Wanting to face NE in NE in January is not the definition of bed wetting to me. Wanting to avoid NE in the playoffs is my definition of bedwetting though. I am not here to convince you though - your decision.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:19 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
This:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Really hard to watch this shit.

Hate to say it but I have zero faith in the Steelers beating New England in NE or possibly PGH in a playoff game when they are healthy.

sounds like bedwetting.

You can call us boys, tell us to fuck off, tell us you don't give a fuck what we think, etc., etc.

You initiated a thread with a major bedwetter.

Swiss, like Suwanee, I hope the Steelers do have to go through NE and beat those smug assholes.

Unlike Suwanee, I do not have "zero faith" it can be done.

Read his fucking POST Lit. You jab me in the chest - I am coming back to you with a fucking sledge hammer. That is all I know in this life good or bad. I stated my opinion, he got personal. I responded. Get it fucking right Lit.

I don't think it is bed wetting in my view. Wanting to face NE in NE in January is not the definition of bed wetting to me. Wanting to avoid NE in the playoffs is my definition of bedwetting though. I am not here to convince you though - your decision.

I think you're a good poster.

But I smelled pee! Only because you claimed zero faith. Which I rather doubt of you.

The problem with hope is that it refuses to die and springs eternal.

If we faced NE with a fully healthy:
1. Ben
2. Bell
3. DWill
4. AB
5. Wheaton / Coates
6. Green
7. O line

Shit, I like those odds.

Edit: And if we had Alien, too, sweet Jesus.

Last edited by Still Lit on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:19 am 

Suwanee...last January, when the Pats were watching Pittsburgh play Denver, do you think they were sitting around saying "Damn, I hope the Broncos win because if we win the Super Bowl, but only got there by beating Kansas City and Pittsburgh, our victory will be tainted"?

Your logic is dumb.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:20 am 

We just need to get over the immersion syndrome and be the bully on NE

And we will

Be the Hammer and not be the nail

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:33 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
So....given the choice, Suwanee.....

*Steelers win the AFCCG at home against Bungals, Doncos, etc....or...

*Go to Foxboro, where you're just about certain they will LOSE....

You would choose them going to Foxboro?

Lit....I'd be over the moon as well. I've said it before. My top non-sexual fantasy is Steelers winning the AFCCG in Foxboro. That said....my priority is the Steelers WINNING the Super Bowl...NOT beat the Patriots on the way to winning the Super Bowl. I'll go with the easier path every single time....not dissimilar to rooting for injuries.

ABSOLUTELY CHOOSE TO GO TO NEW ENGLAND. Swiss, everything football for me boils down the team I grew up with. That team actually had the character to go to NE and beat those no good dirty rotten filthy cheating sons of bitches when it counted.

Since we lost SB XLV nearly 7 years ago, this team is 1-3 in the post season and that win came against a no name QB and it took an epic melt down to accomplish. Ben was 27 when we lost that SB. That is unacceptable. That is a lot of wasted time, lackluster no risk off-seasons, etc. They are going to have to show me. And I want to see it against the so called best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:42 am 

Lit - to me hope and faith are a little different. Hope is really not sure it is going to happen, hoping it will. I have hope in this team, a lot of hope.

Faith - complete, steadfast, uncertain belief it will happen. Sorry - I don't have this, read my post to Swiss. That will have to be learned with these guys. If that smells like a golden shower to you than so be it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:53 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Lit - to me hope and faith are a little different. Hope is really not sure it is going to happen, hoping it will. I have hope in this team, a lot of hope.

Faith - complete, steadfast, uncertain belief it will happen. Sorry - I don't have this, read my post to Swiss. That will have to be learned with these guys. If that smells like a golden shower to you than so be it.

Fair enough!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:25 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:

So again, Suwanee......if you have no faith that Steelers will beat Patriots in Foxboro in the playoffs....WHY would you be rooting for this scenario.

Let's just remember as well.....finale of the '05 regular season....Belichick seemingly tanked the season finale to avoid drawing the Steelers (in Foxboro) in the Wildcard round.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next