It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:05 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
A little bit-- I don't see that as quite as big a problem as I once did. I don't love the pouncey and Decastro deals but they are solid players. Timmons-- just look at what he's making this year in new money, not the cap hit. It's not that crazy.

Woodley getting fat/hurt/whatever, Worilds quitting football just when the investment was beginning to pay off, Bud being hurt in his big step forward season, and Jarvis being a bust/underacheiver. That is pretty much the #1 problem, seen over time and palpable in the product on the field. The rest of it is manageable.

Dude why do you even bother? It is easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled. All that you wrote throws the reactionary crap in the garbage. The team now has some depth with game experience, cap space next year to sign Brown, Bell and a pass rusher and when healthy it is a top 3 team in the league.

So we are going to throw it all away to find some pass rusher or ultimately some new coach and GM who may or may not have a plan. I've seen this movie before- its called the Cleveland Browns.

Post subject: Re: Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:26 pm 

Pretty much. I'd pull out all the stops for an edge rusher or two now, though. If you're having trouble identifying those guys in the draft, then acquiring a vet is a good strategy.

Get yourself an Aldon Smith or Cameron Wake AND the Denver practice squad guy or Tryiq McCord onto our practice squad. Draft a couple of guys next year. Turn it into a good problem by 2018.

I've said for a couple years now that 2017 should be their peak season. If they can figure out a way to win this year and/or 2018, they should have three pretty good shots at a title before the offensive cap issues become a problem.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12