It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Around the League - Week 8
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:19 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I think the it's an exaggeration to say colossal mismatch, if we're being realistic. Tomlin is as good with his team and Belichick is with his. He may not be as good strategically vs the other team, but who is? If Tomlin has better players and the pan is good enough, they can beat anybody, anywhere. In fact, they're more likely to beat NE in NE for a playoff game than they are to beat the Bears in Chicago next season.

I don't know if it is B2B.. serious question and I'm pretty sure I know your answer but do you really feel Tomlin maximizes in terms of W's what he gets out of Ben and the Steelers or does he get the bare minimum out of them. Or how about this. If you flipped coaching staffs for an AFCCG between the Steelers and the Pats, do you have any doubt that the Steelers would probably win and win handily?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:41 pm 

I hope Tomlin doesn't think he can "ease" into a playoff spot just like he did last year. Has it hit him that his defense is atrocious?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:47 pm 

COS wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
This season blows. New England is going to win the whole thing again and it doesn't even matter if Brady goes down or not.

I've thought the same. Knew it once I saw them play the Texans. Can only hope some teams rise up late. Denver is intriguing with that great Defense. I have zero faith in Pittsburgh beating anybody in the playoffs, but really hope they prove me wrong.

Yeah Denver is the only AFC team I could see beating them. Think Seattle could too but their offense is a mess right now.

Cold weather hit is the hope, Brady is brittle: LA Dec 4, Den in CO Dec 18. Jimmy could cave under pressure of a big spot that's not in NE.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:54 pm 

Browns just got Collins from the Pats.

Ok, ok. Now Bill B. is literally just messing with us. Lol.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:57 pm 

What leads you to believe Brady is brittle? I have seen him run more than his fair share of QB sneaks and has gotten his share of poundings only to keep plugging this season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:57 pm 

Correct. If Brady is brittle then what is Ben? Ben misses games every season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:08 pm 

Deleted

Last edited by GreekSteel on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:08 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I'm a little shocked everyone is so down on the Steelers season chances. I'm not feeling that way at all. This team always feels its way through the first part of the season, figures it out and gears up, primed by the end. If injuries don't do them in late, they make it interesting in the postseason. Last year's defense was something like 30th through Seattle game and yet finished 11th. Food for thought.

To my thinking, they got several of the injuries out of the way early and have a chance to get Dupree healthy for the stretch run. Ladarius Green is going to make an impact. Coates, Ben, Wheaton, Gilbert will all be healthier than they've been. Heyward will come back and make everything better. If Shazier can have more good games than missing games or bad games, they could be a contender.

As I've been saying, if they put out close to what they view as their "starting lineup", they're as good as anyone at every position except edge rusher.

Its really hard to extrapolate what is going to happen eventually. a hot team now can turn ice old and and ice cold team can get hit at the right time.

By the time December rolls around our rookies on defense will no longer be rookies. I think that was always the calculus behind playing the raw rookies early.

Our snake bit injured players should be healed up as much as can be expected by then.

Ben could very well be in sync with Green.

Cam Wake (fingers crossed)

The chances of the team getting any colder are as low as can get. The team getting hot at the right time at least looks possible.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:53 pm 

STEELERS HAVE TO PLAY the ravens twice and Cinny on the road and both Dallas and the Giants not very easy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:59 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
STEELERS HAVE TO PLAY the ravens twice and Cinny on the road and both Dallas and the Giants not very easy

By that same token, take a look at the Bengals' and Ravens' schedules. They're both brutal.

Cincy: @ NYG, vs BUF, @ BAL, vs PHI, @ CLE, vs PIT, @ HOU, vs BAL.
Baltimore: vs PIT, vs CLE, @ DAL, vs CIN, vs MIA, @NE, vs PHI, @ PIT, @ CIN.

I see 4, at most 5, wins each for both teams. 9-7 wins this division outright for us.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next