It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jamie Collins for a compensatory third-round pick...WTF?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:18 pm 

I say no chance that would have happened. Would have been nice tho

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:26 pm 

Not only do I think Belichick would have said no fucking way to the Steelers, he sent Collins to a team completely out of it and that plays the Steelers twice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:37 pm 

Not only would he not trade Collns to the Steelers, or any other contender, trading him to the Browns is the ultimate punishment. Also sends the message to the rest of his team...my way or the highway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:43 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I have a perfect solution for Jamie Collins: bring him in to be a 3-4 OLB in this defense and let him rush the passer about 80% of the time, in coverage the rest. Fewer responsibilities, fewer chances to freelance.

I'm just sick in my stomach that we didn't offer enough to make that deal happen.

b2b, this is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Even with all of his "freelancing" he still managed eight solo tackles against us. :lol: He's one of a handful of OLBs I would want the PS to trade for.

I'm sure Belicheat would've quadrupled the price for us though. As I said in the other trade thread....go get Aldon Smith for a 3rd right now! He's that good and we're that disparate!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:58 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
b2b DO YOU REALLY THINK that they would have traded him to us?
maybe if we gave them a first rounder?

Worth it for an All-Pro talent. Worth it simply because he'll dedicate himself to defeating Bill for the rest of his life.

Best case, he fits as an edge backer here-- becomes a superstar. Worst-case, he is our best ILB or best OB backer when we play 4-3 looks.

The chances of us selecting a better player in rd 1 next year are slim and none.

Put it this way: if they haven't already offered our 2017 1st to Cleveland today, I am severely disappointed in them. Cleveland won't do shit with that pick, lessening the risk.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:05 pm 

Maybe we can schmooze the CLE FO and see what they want for him?? Dirty pics of their owner?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:07 pm 

DP39 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I have a perfect solution for Jamie Collins: bring him in to be a 3-4 OLB in this defense and let him rush the passer about 80% of the time, in coverage the rest. Fewer responsibilities, fewer chances to freelance.

I'm just sick in my stomach that we didn't offer enough to make that deal happen.

b2b, this is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Even with all of his "freelancing" he still managed eight solo tackles against us. :lol: He's one of a handful of OLBs I would want the PS to trade for.

I'm sure Belicheat would've quadrupled the price for us though. As I said in the other trade thread....go get Aldon Smith for a 3rd right now! He's that good and we're that disparate!

So....we're sure that Belichick wouldn't trade a pass rusher to another AFC playoff contender. But we're going to speculate that the 6-2 Raiders will give us an all-pro pass rusher for the same price.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:10 pm 

I think a large part of trading Collins to the browns was to stick it to him the best way they could.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:17 pm 

But wait they sold him for a pack of gum, I thought only the Steelers did such a thing!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:33 pm 

Patriots and Browns essentially swaped a 2018 3rd round pick for a 2017 3rd round pick for 8 games of Collins time when you factor in what he'll bring back in compensatory picks. I think that's a fair deal on both sides. If the Pats dumped him in a season they are SB favorites, I'd venture to say there is more to the story. Collins likely is a problem.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next