It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jamie Collins for a compensatory third-round pick...WTF?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:36 pm 

SP wrote:
Patriots and Browns essentially swaped a 2018 3rd round pick for a 2017 3rd round pick for 8 games of Collins time when you factor in what he'll bring back in compensatory picks. I think that's a fair deal on both sides. If the Pats dumped him in a season they are SB favorites, I'd venture to say there is more to the story. Collins likely is a problem.

Collins was apparently going rogue, doing whatever he wanted on the filed and mostly not playing the defense called.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:53 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
SP wrote:
Patriots and Browns essentially swaped a 2018 3rd round pick for a 2017 3rd round pick for 8 games of Collins time when you factor in what he'll bring back in compensatory picks. I think that's a fair deal on both sides. If the Pats dumped him in a season they are SB favorites, I'd venture to say there is more to the story. Collins likely is a problem.

Collins was apparently going rogue, doing whatever he wanted on the filed and mostly not playing the defense called.

And he acted that way on a team that is probably the best in the league. What do you think will happen on a team like Cleveland?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:56 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
SP wrote:

And he acted that way on a team that is probably the best in the league. What do you think will happen on a team like Cleveland?

You might be right but if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, Collins since knowing he wasn't gonna get paid in NE just wanted out, to anywhere really, from what I'm reading on twitter, hes ecstatic to go there. We shall see, again you might be right DB, just offering up a devils advocate opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:56 pm 

2nd rounder and tomlin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:12 pm 

Pabst wrote:
DP39 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I have a perfect solution for Jamie Collins: bring him in to be a 3-4 OLB in this defense and let him rush the passer about 80% of the time, in coverage the rest. Fewer responsibilities, fewer chances to freelance.

I'm just sick in my stomach that we didn't offer enough to make that deal happen.

b2b, this is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Even with all of his "freelancing" he still managed eight solo tackles against us. :lol: He's one of a handful of OLBs I would want the PS to trade for.

I'm sure Belicheat would've quadrupled the price for us though. As I said in the other trade thread....go get Aldon Smith for a 3rd right now! He's that good and we're that disparate!

So....we're sure that Belichick wouldn't trade a pass rusher to another AFC playoff contender. But we're going to speculate that the 6-2 Raiders will give us an all-pro pass rusher for the same price.

I never would've speculated that Collins would go for what is essentially a 4th, so now that that's a reality and the market has been set, I'm more than willing to dream about the PS offering a 3rd (hell, maybe a 2nd) for Aldon Smith. Will it happen on either end, slim-to-none and slim probably just left town, but even so, that hasn't stopped everyone here from speculating about whether Tomlin will ever learn from his "in-game management" blunders either has it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:15 pm 

Cleveland can afford to pay him but if not then the Steelers can make a run at him in FA.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:15 pm 

jebrick wrote:
Cleveland can afford to pay him but if not then the Steelers can make a run at him in FA.

Pretty much this. Does anyone really think he's going to want to re-sign with the Browns after his eight game punishment in The Mistake?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:07 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Not only would he not trade Collns to the Steelers, or any other contender, trading him to the Browns is the ultimate punishment. Also sends the message to the rest of his team...my way or the highway.

I find this amusing about Belichick.....players he's gotten in jams with....

*Richard Seymour....traded to Oakland
*Logan Mankins....traded to Tampa Bay
*Jamie Collins...traded to Cleveland

Lone exception, Chandler Jones to Arizona.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:43 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Heard he wasn't "playing the defense called", and that's why they shipped him out.

Do we really want players who do this sort of thing?

The way our defense plays, not sure our guys are playing the defense called, so why the hell not?

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:54 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Heard he wasn't "playing the defense called", and that's why they shipped him out.

Do we really want players who do this sort of thing?

The way our defense plays, not sure our guys are playing the defense called, so why the hell not?

:lol:

LOL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next