It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jamie Collins for a compensatory third-round pick...WTF?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:19 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Oh and I'll add there is ZERO chance Bill B. would have shipped Collins to a contender, let alone the steelers who were preseason favorites to be there with the pats in the AFCCG

I hear what you are saying but when it is all said and done I dont think BB is real worried about the Steelers.

He's easily handled far better Steelers teams.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:20 pm 

Quote:
You might be right but if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, Collins since knowing he wasn't gonna get paid in NE just wanted out, to anywhere really, from what I'm reading on twitter, hes ecstatic to go there. We shall see, again you might be right DB, just offering up a devils advocate opinion.

If you believe he is thrilled to be heading to Cleveland then you gotta be the most gullible son of a bitch on the planet. :lol:

BTW, 8 solo means jack shit if he's fucking up and doing his own thing the other 40 plays. I agree with Perch. The dude must have been a cancer in the locker room. No thanks. Browns can have the turd.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:22 pm 

BB stands for:

Team > Individual
Production > Measurables
Utilize strengths > fix weaknesses
Smart > Dumb

I hate NE, but I respect the hell out of the hoodie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:23 pm 

R S wrote:
Quote:
You might be right but if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, Collins since knowing he wasn't gonna get paid in NE just wanted out, to anywhere really, from what I'm reading on twitter, hes ecstatic to go there. We shall see, again you might be right DB, just offering up a devils advocate opinion.

If you believe he is thrilled to be heading to Cleveland then you gotta be the most gullible son of a bitch on the planet. :lol:

BTW, 8 solo means jack shit if he's fucking up and doing his own thing the other 40 plays. I agree with Perch. The dude must have been a cancer in the locker room. No thanks. Browns can have the turd.

The point is he wanted out of NE badly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:26 pm 

He won't give BB the satisfaction to think he's shocked or pissed....but I'd bet he is both. If he spends a whole season with the Browns he'll wish he was still in NE, or maybe he'll just fuck up enough that they ship him off too..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:32 pm 

Just how sweet was it for Blount playing the Steelers? Fuck You tomlin is what he was thinking.

Collins likely made it a bounty. Hurt any cheatriot player I can. :twisted:

Seriously though. What a killer deal for the stains. I bet they still go on with their current losing streak and put the 0 and 16 in 2016.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:57 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Just how sweet was it for Blount playing the Steelers? Fuck You tomlin is what he was thinking.

Collins likely made it a bounty. Hurt any cheatriot player I can. :twisted:

Seriously though. What a killer deal for the stains. I bet they still go on with their current losing streak and put the 0 and 16 in 2016.

This only guarantees them that they can tag him. He's going to highest bidder in the offseason. They gave away a 3rd rounder for the opportunity to tag a guy. Oh, and maybe Collins helps them to win 1 more game this season, potentially losing the #1 pick.

Not sure why this is a great deal. Seems like classic Cleveland dumbfuckery

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:58 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Not only would he not trade Collns to the Steelers, or any other contender, trading him to the Browns is the ultimate punishment. Also sends the message to the rest of his team...my way or the highway.

I find this amusing about Belichick.....players he's gotten in jams with....

*Richard Seymour....traded to Oakland
*Logan Mankins....traded to Tampa Bay
*Jamie Collins...traded to Cleveland

Lone exception, Chandler Jones to Arizona.

Chuck Noll did the same thing. When T Bell was complaining, they packed him off to Tampa Bay.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:31 am 

BB Does the the standard of not paying a C$3 contract unless that person is freaking essential to the team or cheap which means Brady and no one else. He gets decent value for his trades of players who are peaked or just starting to drop. Cowher used to do it all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:39 am 

jebrick wrote:
BB Does the the standard of not paying a C$3 contract unless that person is freaking essential to the team or cheap which means Brady and no one else. He gets decent value for his trades of players who are peaked or just starting to drop. Cowher used to do it all the time.

Just curious, maybe I've forgotten - what are some examples of these Cowher value trades of "players who are peaked or just starting to drop"?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next