It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Gary Kubiak's a Dumbfuck
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:32 am 

Rather than settle for the tie, the stupid ass tries a 62 yard FG in OT, setting up the Chefs at his own 48 yard line to begin their winning drive.

Post subject: Re: Gary Kubiak's a Dumbfuck
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:35 am 

Agreed Swiss, truth is the NFL is full of dumbfuck HCs including our own. A really big reason, maybe THE reason that BB wins and is considered the gold standard of HCs these days is that besides great game planning, he is much much less a dumbfuck during games than all other HCs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:50 am 

Am I the only one not impressed with Von Miller and Justin Houston tonight? When we put up an 8 sack game against the Cleveland Browns, people say, hey the Browns suck, but look at what both Miller and Houston were going up against tonight. Neither team helped their RTs much, rarely had a RB or TE chip against those OLBs and both ran rampant.

Again though, why do the Texans and Broncos choose to put their best pass rushers up against the opposing team's right tackle? And why don't we do that with James Harrison? Or at least have done that more with James over the years? Why help the other team out by going against their best pass protector, the left tackle?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:16 am 

So wait, you weren't impressed with Justin Houston?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:15 am 

What Denver had out there at RT was embarrassing. Remember when we had Jonathan Scott at RT in 2011 for 5 games? That is what Justin Houston was going up against in this game. So my point remains, why do we have people piss all over our pass rush against the Browns and then get on their knees and worship Houston for basically destroying Ty Sambrailo, a Jonathan Scott type in the first half?

Everybody wants to have a Justin Houston or Von Miller but man it isn't like either of those teams take any chances, they maximize the ability they have and try and line them up against the weakest link in the OL, the right tackle. And they don't really care about either being disciplined against the run either. I think Denver and KC are both in the bottom 5 of the NFL in terms of allowing rushing yards, both are giving up 120 yards a game. We are 9th, giving up just 95 yards a game.

We look at these other teams with their pass rush and become enamored with them but look at what they do to get that production, the corners they cut. And it isn't like selling out for the pass rush, making that of the utmost importance, automatically correlates to having the fewest points allowed.

KC and Denver are 8th and 9th in the NFL with fewest points allowed. Guess what? We are 10th. You would think having this dominant pass rush would allow Denver to hold Alex Smith, of all people, to under 20 points? Both of the QBs in this game were just middle of the road, average starters, neither team has an elite RB and yet the game is 30-27?

Today I also watched the supposedly great Arizona defense give up 38 points. Guess what? They are ranked 11th in the NFL for fewest points allowed, one behind us.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that I am not impressed with what I see as the top defenses in the game. I don't see how they are so much better than us or how we are so pathetic. I would love to have seen Bud Dupree up against Ty Sambrailo, I think he may have gotten a couple sacks too. I think our defense has turned a corner, that the young players are finding their groove, and that if anything it is the injuries on offense, at WR, that is hindering us right now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:55 am 

Thank God Kubiak was a dumbfuck.

The Chiefs' winning was the only thing that happened yesterday that was in the SBI.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:19 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
So wait, you weren't impressed with Justin Houston?

Right?

Looked impressive to me.....granted he is no Jervis.

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:21 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Rather than settle for the tie, the stupid ass tries a 62 yard FG in OT, setting up the Chefs at his own 48 yard line to begin their winning drive.

Agreed. Very stupid. At that point you have to just come to grips with a tie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:35 am 

Houston had 10 tackles and 3 sacks in his 2nd game back from injury. Bud Dupree has 2 tackles. And it's Houston we're not impressed with?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:05 am 

A lot of what unfolds on the field is primarily a team effort. Yes, certain players stand out and perform at an exceptional level. Without their supporting team mates the results vary. That said, I'd take Khalil Mack all day everyday and twice on Sundays.

Additionally, Houston screwed the pooch badly paying Osweiler all that big money and all he's accomplished is proving he's a system QB at best. And not the system Houston is currently implementing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next