It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gary Kubiak's a Dumbfuck
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:51 pm 

Anyone still wanting to defend Kubiak, now that the Doncos not making playoffs because of his dumbfuckery is a very real possibility?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:00 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Anyone still wanting to defend Kubiak, now that the Doncos not making playoffs because of his dumbfuckery is a very real possibility?

He's probably not making the playoffs because his team isn't good enough.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:16 pm 

But, without a franchise QB...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:14 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

More likely....because his team will have an additional loss instead of a tie.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:02 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

I think they're headed to 8-8... and it won't matter if they would have been 8-7-1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:05 am 

i'd like to see them go 10-6

help us get that 2 seed

(pipe dreams...)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:24 am 

swissvale72 wrote:

We already knew they had an additional loss instead of a tie when the matter was brought up in the first place. And we already knew that the loss had hurt their playoff chances. The point is it was a reasonable decision to go for a possible bye instead of three games on the road as a wildcard. Especially for the Doncos, who were a better team last year and still needed every inch of their home field against both the Steelers and the Patriots. A team that just won the Super Bowl and is 8-3 is going for it, not angling for a tie and a fucking wild card.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:33 am 

Steel Drummer wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

We already knew they had an additional loss instead of a tie when the matter was brought up in the first place. And we already knew that the loss had hurt their playoff chances. The point is it was a reasonable decision to go for a possible bye instead of three games on the road as a wildcard. Especially for the Doncos, who were a better team last year and still needed every inch of their home field against both the Steelers and the Patriots. A team that just won the Super Bowl and is 8-3 is going for it, not angling for a tie and a fucking wild card.

But, see, this is Swiss's MO for SBI or any team's chances: improve your chances for a playoff spot first, then division, then seed, then bye, then homefield. (there are some exceptions, like, regarding New England, you assume they will get a bye no matter what you do; don't count on them losing) So, of course, to Swiss's philosophy on these things, playing it safe for a playoff spot trumps going for the win.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:40 am 

I get that, and there's an argument for it. I just don't agree in this case.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:57 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steel Drummer wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

But, see, this is Swiss's MO for SBI or any team's chances: improve your chances for a playoff spot first, then division, then seed, then bye, then homefield. (there are some exceptions, like, regarding New England, you assume they will get a bye no matter what you do; don't count on them losing) So, of course, to Swiss's philosophy on these things, playing it safe for a playoff spot trumps going for the win.

Where we really disagree, B2B & Drummer, is on our assessment of the likelihood that McManus would hit from 62. I thought it was a VERY low percentage kick....regardless of what the guy was making in warmups, or that he was 5 for 5 against us in the playoffs last year (longest then was 51).

I thought it was a longshot to make the kick and win. Conversely, with a miss, I thought, the chances of losing were very high.

I thought Kubiak's decision was somewhat suicidal.

And yes, may all be moot in the end should Doncos collapse and end season with 4 straight losses.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next