It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tnf
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:29 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Every now and then I get bored and wander to another team's message boards.

I like to get an outside perspective on us, but also like to kind of keep my finger on the pulse of opposing fan bases. I don't like living in a bubble and find that reading the words of other fan bases keeps me more centered in my own opinions.

Here's some things I've learned from these other boards.

- The NFL is biased against every team in the league.
- The good NFL teams seem to be successful despite the league's "obvious" attempts to thwart them.
- The bad NFL teams continue to be bad because the NFL doesn't want them to succeed and favors some other team.

The one quote I have yet to see on any message board:

"Man, I can't believe the NFL keeps doing us all these favors week after week!"
generally speaking 29-30 teams are also currently employing the worst OC in the league.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:43 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
The Cowboys remind me of the 2004 Steelers. Great rookie Cinderella story but will ultimately fall short in the playoffs. Seattle or the Giants or some more experienced team will knock them out.

Somewhere in the Matrix:
Seattle has the D to confuse Dak. Man he looks to Dez, zone it's Witten or Beasley. Tight game late, Seattle disguises, intercepts and clobbers him on attempted tackle. Dallas holds, Romo vindicates his muffed FG in Seattle and drives D for FG that wins....

....or Seattle destroys Romo and wins, gets to the SB and destroys NE who is overrated and vulnerable. Post game fans conclude that Patriots are likely to be first team to repeat as team of the decade and that PC's decision not to give it to Marshawn for the win cost his team that title.

bradshaw2ben wrote:
If the Giants get every call the way they did last meeting AND get them all again this week, my head will explode.

Reasonable to conclude that if we lose Sunday we are not a contender.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:19 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Two egregious no-calls, although I blame incompetence rather than straight up fixed.
How about a nudge, then? I never thought they were straight up fixed. I just think sometimes the NFL tilts the field. If you can overcome, good for you. The Giants game in 2012 comes to mind. The NFL really wanted the home Giants to win it as a Sandy consolation. The steelers overcame. Other teams don't. Not saying last nights calls were NOT incompetence. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't. We'll never know, but since the NFL basically said it's entertainment during a lawsuit, and not subjected to "fair and square" like a horse race (they were exonerated), they can pretty much do whatever they want without consequence.

Spot on- my feelings exactly. Can't script it or it'll look too obvious, but keep it within the Vegas betting lines so everyone makes some scratch even if they lose

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:48 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Two egregious no-calls, although I blame incompetence rather than straight up fixed.
How about a nudge, then? I never thought they were straight up fixed. I just think sometimes the NFL tilts the field. If you can overcome, good for you. The Giants game in 2012 comes to mind. The NFL really wanted the home Giants to win it as a Sandy consolation. The steelers overcame. Other teams don't. Not saying last nights calls were NOT incompetence. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't. We'll never know, but since the NFL basically said it's entertainment during a lawsuit, and not subjected to "fair and square" like a horse race (they were exonerated), they can pretty much do whatever they want without consequence.

Spot on- my feelings exactly. Can't script it or it'll look too obvious, but keep it within the Vegas betting lines so everyone makes some scratch even if they lose

Did the NFL PTB tell the Vikings to muff Dallas' punt at the 8 yard line too?

Because until that happened, Dallas looked to be headed to a loss.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:05 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

I forgot where I read it but, that I remember is that the NFL is legally per congress entertainment and not pure sport as the Olympics or baseball are supposed to be. So cheating isn't cheating or any infraction isn't an infraction unless the NFL front office says it is or isnt cheating.

2012 the post sandy game- when they showed Roger the Clown in the Gmen stadium luxo box basically throwing a fit when we for all intenst and purposes had teh game won it confirmed for me that his boys, the refs, put their fat thumb on the scale

It all sounds pretty X-file but when I think about all the dirty backstabbing assholes that make it through life by cheating, that I have personally witnessed, it starts to make sense to me.

If the Pukes hoist the Lombardi this year it will be dirty as hell.

Perhaps James' "random" drug test was a psychological attempt at weakening the team's resolve. I hope it explodes in Roger's puss.

It will require a great overall effort by the team to win this game. If we overcome cheating then I think the team has a real shot at the tourney. A random flash: In fact the league might even pave the way so Jerruh can get even.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:08 pm 

10 mins left in the game with a 2 point deficit and you felt like defeat was inevitable?

I said they like to "keep it close", not determine winners.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:41 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
10 mins left in the game with a 2 point deficit and you felt like defeat was inevitable?

I said they like to "keep it close", not determine winners.

It seemed that way. Dallas wasn't managing to do ANYTHING.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:57 pm 

I can see how the one ref from the side of the play didn't see Bradford get head slapped square in the face, but the ref standing right behind and off to the side a little had a great view of the face palm by the Dallas D lineman. It shows him in the slowmo replays, over and over again. He is about 15-20 feet away watching him get hit in the face and does nothing. That can't be sheer incompetence can it? How can you not make such a blatant head shot to the QB call as that? He's looking right at it from about 5 yards away. I've never understood the mentally of the NFL to say we're going to have a completely fair game with officiating and then in the last few minutes of a really close game, it's no holds barred play all of the sudden. It's maddening. :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:58 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
If I'm Sam Bradford, I hold a press conference to say I don't feel safe.

Ugh, Bradford and all of his 5 yard passes. He shouldn't be allowed to complain about anything.

Nobody is more overrated. What is his salary again? Horrible