It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24365
...but he just got a two-year extension that keeps him under contract to 2018.

THERE'S a career built off mediocrity.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3781
I think the problem with the Rams is talent not coaching and the FO recognizes that. Still...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4918
Jeemie wrote:
...but he just got a two-year extension that keeps him under contract to 2018.

THERE'S a career built off mediocrity.

getting killed by NE early - nice thank you Fisher


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 6515
Location: Rhode Island (behind enemy lines)
The fuckin' Rams are awful.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 11043
Jeemie wrote:
...but he just got a two-year extension that keeps him under contract to 2018.

THERE'S a career built off mediocrity.

agree..fisher sucks. not even average coach. I don't get the extention dudes done nothing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:23 pm
Posts: 1050
maybe going to stock the shelves through good drafts for a couple years before bringing Lane Kiffen in for his LA redemption.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 2688
Goes to show what QB play means for success. He was good with McNair, a poor man's Cowher without.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 2309
It helps when your agent is the father of the Rams COO.

Quote:
Last week, before the contract extension was confirmed, Rams’ COO Kevin Demoff said it was totally unfair to judge Jeff Fisher on his record. Demoff’s father, Marvin Demoff, happens to be Fisher’s agent. Giving Fisher more money, even if he is eventually fired, is a good family strategy. But, it’s Stan Kroenke who has allowed this, as he has to know about that situation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12608
VanWilder wrote:
Goes to show what QB play means for success. He was good with McNair,


yep.....a good indicator of what the future holds with Tomlin post-Ben. But if the overpaid C goes down, Tomlin will get a pass.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Upstate NY
stillthere wrote:
It helps when your agent is the father of the Rams COO.

Quote:
Last week, before the contract extension was confirmed, Rams’ COO Kevin Demoff said it was totally unfair to judge Jeff Fisher on his record. Demoff’s father, Marvin Demoff, happens to be Fisher’s agent. Giving Fisher more money, even if he is eventually fired, is a good family strategy. But, it’s Stan Kroenke who has allowed this, as he has to know about that situation.




............and there you have it! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3277
He does not do it anymore. Jeff Fisher fired by the Rams

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Upstate NY
jebrick wrote:
He does not do it anymore. Jeff Fisher fired by the Rams



This.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4713
So they extended him and then fired him 2 weeks later?? Wow...what a clusterfuck

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24365
jebrick wrote:
He does not do it anymore. Jeff Fisher fired by the Rams


Just saw that.

Wow!!

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 2042
Donnie Brasco wrote:
So they extended him and then fired him 2 weeks later?? Wow...what a clusterfuck



He was actually extended before the season even started, but it was only announced two weeks ago...for whatever reason.

Still rather strange to fire a guy the same season you extended him, though. Unless they just wanted to give him some cash in hand due to the family/agent connection thing.

Hell if I know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 pm
Posts: 1526
Someone tell tunch his all-star pick to lead our squad over Mike Tomlin is now a free agent.

_________________
steel wrote:
game over boys


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 17204
Somewhere, Eric Dickerson is smiling.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:06 pm
Posts: 4208
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Somewhere, Eric Dickerson is smiling.


E.D. said he had nothing to do with it. ,

Its almost like they did Fisher a favor and left Dan Reeves with the all time losers crown.

BTW, Its something that Cal Ripken Jr should had done with the consecutive game record. It would had been classy if he just tied the record. He would had been linked forever to Lou Gehrig. The man whose record was cut short by a disease that would take his life. A man that said he considered himself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth. Now THAT is something. Sort of like Obi-b-Wan and Yoda being linked :lol: IIRC they weren't even in a pennant race. He should had sat out a game and then continued on. Now he just owns a meaningless number that someone someday will surpass with barely a mention. Instead it would had been a record, a mark that some future player would have to think about sitting out and joining the "immortals"

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:18 pm
Posts: 195
Well Eric Dickerson got his wish come true. As really it was time for a change.

_________________
Ready for Super Bowl!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I don't know how Jeff Fisher does it...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Upstate NY
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Somewhere, Eric Dickerson is smiling.



HAHAHA. Was thinking this too. :lol: :lol: :lol: Guess we'll see him on sidelines soon.

SteelerzEdsaL7 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Somewhere, Eric Dickerson is smiling.


E.D. said he had nothing to do with it. ,

Its almost like they did Fisher a favor and left Dan Reeves with the all time losers crown.

BTW, Its something that Cal Ripken Jr should had done with the consecutive game record. It would had been classy if he just tied the record. He would had been linked forever to Lou Gehrig. The man whose record was cut short by a disease that would take his life. A man that said he considered himself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth. Now THAT is something. Sort of like Obi-b-Wan and Yoda being linked :lol: IIRC they weren't even in a pennant race. He should had sat out a game and then continued on. Now he just owns a meaningless number that someone someday will surpass with barely a mention. Instead it would had been a record, a mark that some future player would have to think about sitting out and joining the "immortals"



Right on.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group