It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More Patriots shadieness?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:04 am 

Anyone know if there is a rule that allows QBs to ask for more time on play clock? If not WTF? I have never seen Ben do this. If it is allowed why don't we or other teams do this?

Other examples in there too including against us in opener last year.

http://forum.russellstreetreport.com/sh ... -the-video

Post subject: Re: More Patriots shadieness?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:14 am 

RooneyTunes wrote:
Anyone know if there is a rule that allows QBs to ask for more time on play clock? If not WTF? I have never seen Ben do this. If it is allowed why don't we or other teams do this?

Ben and Haley work just let play clock run down to 1 second anyway so why bother? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:16 am 

Still Lit wrote:
RooneyTunes wrote:

Ben and Haley work just let play clock run down to 1 second anyway so why bother? :lol:

Beat me to it. "We do what we do, Obviously."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:10 am 

I've seen other teams do that before and it infuriates me. But my guess is that it has something to do with TV timeouts or legitimate mistakes by the stadium clock operator?

I'm the first one to (always) say that organization cheats, but not sure it's the case this time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:20 am 

Any team can signal to refs for play clock to be re-set if they feel it started to fast etc. Refs make decision yea or nay. No controversy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:23 am 

steelclan wrote:
Any team can signal to refs for play clock to be re-set if they feel it started to fast etc. Refs make decision yea or nay. No controversy.

When the officials hold up play while play clock is running, usually they reset it to 25

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:23 am 

RooneyTunes wrote:

hey i reported on this over a year ago, same thing is happening, play clock is being mysteriously reset when brady asks for more time

I think there is a thread buried on NFL page about it. I see it's a common occurance based on the other links in that other team thread.

I will find the old video, it's same thing. Brady raising his hand up to trigger the clock man.

my thread inked this one directly

https://lockerdome.com/happygilmore/8028123174273812

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:25 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
steelclan wrote:

When the officials hold up play while play clock is running, usually they reset it to 25

Not always. I've seen plenty of other teams do what Pats did. I hate the Pats but this is much ado about nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:30 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
steelclan wrote:

Nah bro, this is always happening at Foxboro. No hold up by officials. Brady is in huddle on these and then signals for the rest.

this makes it perfectly stated they're cheating

none of the below happened in above video and some others.

Quote:
Article 2. 25-Second Play Clock

In the event of certain administrative stoppages or other delays, a team will have 25 seconds, beginning with the Referee’s whistle, to put the ball in play by a snap or a kick. Such stoppages include, but are not limited to:

a change of possession
a charged team timeout
the two-minute warning
the expiration of a period
a penalty enforcement
a Try
a Free Kick.

A 25-second interval will be used in these situations, even if the 40-second clock is already counting down.

Article 3. Interruption of Play Clock

If the play clock is stopped prior to the snap for any reason, after the stoppage has concluded, the time remaining on the play clock shall be the same as when it stopped, unless:

the stoppage has been for a charged team timeout, the two-minute warning, the expiration of a period, a penalty enforcement, or an Instant Replay challenge prior to the two-minute warning, in which case the play clock shall be reset to 25 seconds
the stoppage has been for an Instant Replay review after the two-minute warning that results in a reversal, in which case the play clock shall be reset to 25 seconds
the stoppage has been for an excess timeout while time is in that is charged to the defense, in which case the play clock shall be reset to 40 seconds
fewer than 10 seconds remain on the play clock, in which case it shall be reset to 10 seconds.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:39 pm 

It has to do with substitutions and occasionally, ball placement. If the offense makes substitutions, the defense is allowed to make counter substitutions while the officials hold up play. If those defensive substitutions or an officials huddle/conference take extra time, generally they will reset the play clock.

However, there is some leeway, and therefore it wouldn't surprise me if Brady gets a new play clock over much less than does Matt Moore.