It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Michael Floyd released
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:43 pm 

Is there any cost to the waiver claim?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:44 pm 

StillerDownSouth wrote:
Fucking Pats got him. Fuck.

Of course they did. Would you trade your 53rd man (really 53 could probably go back to the PS, so really, a PS guy) for the rest of the season for a possible 3rd, 4th or 5th comp pick next year? Makes sense to me (and the Pats), but I guess that's why I don't run the other 31 teams. I know we don't have access to the whole story, but if there's no much else to it, then it's stupid for most teams to pass up on this guy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:29 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
StillerDownSouth wrote:
Fucking Pats got him. Fuck.

Fuck you ART2!

What the fuck?
Have any of you people actually watched Michael Floyd this season? He's hot garbage.
I'll take my chances with the talent we already have.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:56 pm 

I haven't watched Michael Floyd this season. But it's a different situation than Karlos Williams, who is young, failing drug tests and showing up a fat fuck. Floyd apparently had a DUI. Otherwise his record has been clean.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:53 pm 

I think it was his second DUI

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:27 pm 

It's a broken record!!! 31 other teams in the NFL "play the game" and have each others backs. There are NUMEROUS teams that could use Floyd's POTENTIAL talents. NUMEROUS, teams including the Cardinals that released him. However, how many times have we seen this before that a team does the right thing to try to either get a player to straighten up, teach him a lesson, or inflict a type punishment and all other teams that could use that player "play the game or go along with it" by passing on him. Until it comes to the PATS. The PATS slapped the Cardinals in the face by taking him. They are the only team to that to the Steelers when we released Blount. They have done it over and over again. That's why the 31 other teams/owners have treated them as outcasts recently. They are not cheating per-say taking these players, but they are going rogue. Same as some of the rules the push to the brink. Some call it smart, BUT its not. It's dirty! It's underhanded. It's being the type of people we all grew up around who we all wanted to kick their asses the minute they walked in the room. The people we all said; will "get theirs" in good time or will get whats coming to them. They're a slimy dirtbag organization and it hurts the NFL and the game we love. It makes it cheap and less credible. Same reason they got their dicks slapped for deflategate. Keep up the rogue shit and they rest of the owners will force Goodell to take the fall for laying down the hammer.

I'm personally glad the Steelers take the "high" road.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:42 pm 

Defense wrote:
This has Patriots written all over it !

Damn I hate being right.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:58 am 

Steelersfan wrote:
It's a broken record!!! 31 other teams in the NFL "play the game" and have each others backs. There are NUMEROUS teams that could use Floyd's POTENTIAL talents. NUMEROUS, teams including the Cardinals that released him. However, how many times have we seen this before that a team does the right thing to try to either get a player to straighten up, teach him a lesson, or inflict a type punishment and all other teams that could use that player "play the game or go along with it" by passing on him. Until it comes to the PATS. The PATS slapped the Cardinals in the face by taking him. They are the only team to that to the Steelers when we released Blount. They have done it over and over again. That's why the 31 other teams/owners have treated them as outcasts recently. They are not cheating per-say taking these players, but they are going rogue. Same as some of the rules the push to the brink. Some call it smart, BUT its not. It's dirty! It's underhanded. It's being the type of people we all grew up around who we all wanted to kick their asses the minute they walked in the room. The people we all said; will "get theirs" in good time or will get whats coming to them. They're a slimy dirtbag organization and it hurts the NFL and the game we love. It makes it cheap and less credible. Same reason they got their dicks slapped for deflategate. Keep up the rogue shit and they rest of the owners will force Goodell to take the fall for laying down the hammer.

I'm personally glad the Steelers take the "high" road.

WTF is this nonsense?

If a team releases a player, it takes its chances. No other team has to play any sort of game...if zen want the player, they take the player.

I hate the Pats as much as anybody, but the ridiculous levels it's sometimes gets taken here is off the charts.

This isn't "going rogue". Jesus, what self-righteous claptrap!

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:42 am 

A lot of criticism of Pats by New England talk radio......felt that Pats don't need him, concerned about disruption to locker room, concerned about Pats again picking up a bad guy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:27 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
A lot of criticism of Pats by New England talk radio......felt that Pats don't need him, concerned about disruption to locker room, concerned about Pats again picking up a bad guy.

Nice to hear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next