It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Los Angeles Chargers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:51 am 

Trying to figure out the logistics of this until 2019.

Anyway the traffic is such shit everywhere its going to be a clusterfuck.

Post subject: Re: Los Angeles Chargers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:31 am 

I really think these moves to LA will end up sinking Goodell. In no way does this seem like a good idea.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:12 pm 

I fucking hate the NFL. I'm on the cusp of not watching any of it anymore.

The Chargers have been in San Diego for five and a half decades. Spanos has been trying to get a new stadium for almost 20 years to no avail. The voters almost unanimously rejected the public financing option that was on the latest ballot.

Here comes the NFL to the rescue (which is somewhat rare); Spanos is offered 350MM in financing from the NFL to help with a stadium to keep the chargers where they are. Awfully generous, right?

Spanos, a fucking billionaire asshole still sees the opportunity to vastly increase the value of the team by moving them North to be Kroneke's tenants, will instead PAY 650MM as a relocation fee to move his team.

I mean, really? So this is the new formula in the NFL (and other pro leagues are also licking their chops, specifically MLB): billionaire man child wants a new stadium but doesn't want to pay for it. Rejects financing from league to keep the team where it is, wants to increase value of team by moving them 90 miles north; abandons city that has embraced the team for 55 years because said billionaire doesn't get his way.

I hope the NFL implodes in the most cataclysmic way. Fuck them all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:15 pm 

spanos is an awful owner.... the san diegoans didn't want him and his push of people funded stadium

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:41 pm 

When the Raiders come to town, the visiting team will have more fans in the stands.

I blame this all on Ballmer and the Clippers. Once 2 billion was the price of garbage in LA, it was inevitable that teams would move here instead of just threaten to move here.

Wondering about how this affects end of career decisions for Philip Rivers who has said he doesn't want to live in LA.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:52 pm 

I'm hearing they will have home games in a soccer stadium for another year or two that sit 30,000 fans.

Wow, that's bad. Also, what does it mean that you'll be a tenant right? So, this Billionaire owner is ok with being the tenant and never actually owning the stadium?

Now, look into the future........IF the NFL really did sink, implode etc etc etc, THIS billionaire "could" come out looking like a genius.

My own .02 is that I hate the move, I hated the Rams even going there since that shit didn't work the 1st time.

Oh well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:59 pm 

The soccer stadium is in Carson, right near the intersection of the 405 and 110. The traffic situation will be intolerable. That's a half assed idea by Spanos. I'm wondering why they don't go for the old Anaheim stadium where the Rams used to play for larger capacity. Even the Rose Bowl would be better though getting in and out will be a nightmare. There's no room left in LA for anything. The only reason Disneyland works at all is that there is a direct double off ramp coming from the 5 into the parking lot.

And they are already fucking up big time with the logo:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/see- ... ogo-011217

BTW, congrats to San Diego for not getting blackmailed. You have enough going for you with the weather and attractions you have. Stay classy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:42 pm 

artistic rendition of Stub Hub Center

ha ha they're selling the intimate feel............... what a bunch of fuckup this all is

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:18 pm 

Intimate feel. Kind of like "she's got a great personality though." Imagine how much fun you could have at a Cal State Dominguez football game if they bothered to field a team. Experience the thrill of the Cross Fit games but during the fall.

He doesn't give a shit. He's moving it there to sell it. Donald Sterling laid the management philosophy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:29 pm 

Well I generally wouldn't give 2 shites, although feeling a slight bit of sympathy for loyal SD fans losing their team of 5 decades to (what else?) abject greed. Also the Greater LA traffic system is already at pretty much 24/7 paralysis so not sure this will matter much.

What does piss me off, however, is the most important damage this move makes to SBI -- namely, MY ability to watch broadcast Steeler games :lol: . SoCal didn't suffer too much with the return of the Rams thanks to their NFC / Fox affiliations, but I'm anticipating getting screwed by CBS needing to broadcast every week's f'ing Chargers game, which will naturally reduce the luxuriously large number of Steelers telecasts we've enjoyed ever since the NFL left town. Idiots! :evil: :evil: