It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GB Fans Want Aikman Buck Removed From Telecast
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:53 pm 

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/01 ... broadcast/

I agree that they show bias. Troy Boy fawns over Brady like a teenage girl. Maybe I'm biased but I seldom hear deserving praise for Ben, don't watch enough GB games to know if fans are objective about Troy Boy being disproportionately critical of Rodgers.

The wider story is that most announcers are terrible. NBC in the 80's did an end of season Jet game with no announcers. All you heard was the hitting, fine with me considering how insipid and biased most announcers are.

Post subject: Re: GB Fans Want Aikman Buck Removed From Telecast
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:31 pm 

I like Rich Gannon as a color analyst. I do not remember who he is teamed with but I found he had less to no inane comments like Fouts.*

* repeated exposure to Dan Fouts announcing a game has been found to lead to depression, drinking and a general loss of football IQ.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:57 pm 

Old School Steeler wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/01/12/packers-fans-launch-change-org-petition-remove-aikman-buck-packers-broadcast/

I agree that they show bias. Troy Boy fawns over Brady like a teenage girl. Maybe I'm biased but I seldom hear deserving praise for Ben, don't watch enough GB games to know if fans are objective about Troy Boy being disproportionately critical of Rodgers.

The wider story is that most announcers are terrible. NBC in the 80's did an end of season Jet game with no announcers. All you heard was the hitting, fine with me considering how insipid and biased most announcers are.

Here's a little hint for you: the broadcast these days have the announcers in the middle of the stereo field and the background action, crowd, and hitting to the sides. If you wire your headphones or speakers a certain way, you can basically eliminate anything that's identical in both channels-- thus, taking out the announcers. I listened to some of the BCS Championship that way. Kinda fun. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:02 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/01/12/packers-fans-launch-change-org-petition-remove-aikman-buck-packers-broadcast/

Here's a little hint for you: the broadcast these days have the announcers in the middle of the stereo field and the background action, crowd, and hitting to the sides. If you wire your headphones or speakers a certain way, you can basically eliminate anything that's identical in both channels-- thus, taking out the announcers. I listened to some of the BCS Championship that way. Kinda fun. :ugeek:

I heard that from others. If you have half a brain you don't need these clowns. They actually interfere with a viewer's ability to interpret the action. They add only noise pollution. Gone are the days when an announcer respected the game enough to minimize his words. Summerall and Brookshire were an example. Or Ray Scott. Today's broadcasts minus the attention whores in the booth would be ideal. Ideally fans could select different audio like home team crew or no audio at all; just crowd and refs.

Tennis has it right; silence during points, succinct terse comments between points and changeovers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:27 pm 

The only NFL announce team I actually like are the ESPN guys (Turico and Gruden). I really enjoy games with Mike Mayock on color. I'm neutral on Michaels/Collinsworth.

Pretty much any other announce team can take a hike.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:29 pm 

And I just saw that Tirico isn't even on Monday Night Football anymore. Shows how much I pay attention :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:06 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

My TV has a button on the remote called sports mode and it makes the background sound louder and the announcers quieter. It is a really nice feature especially with the surround sound. It pairs well with a nice merlot or a cold beer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:09 pm 

Aikman and Buck absolutely swoon over Rogers and the Pack......

I dont know what they are complaining about