It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
 Post subject: Re: Houston @ The Evil Empire
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:10 pm 

tunch wrote:
steelclan wrote:

Without Hester Bears doesn't get near the Sb they lost to Colts. Returners don't need to be run one back all the time; field position matters and a great returner gives teams a massive edge in that department. How many times did Jacoby Jones give Rats tremendous field position in 2012?

Hester has 41 career fumbles. He blew the NE game for BAL this year.

He's extremely overrated.

The last time Bears made the Sb he most certainly wasn't. Even though he had a very good game for SeaHags he isn't near the player he was. Yet without that hold call yesterday his big punt return makes that a very close game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:11 pm 

I think Bill O is in a great position. He's got a real D, his comments after pulling Osweiler for Savage late season indicates he knows Osw doesn't have it and he doesn't care how much his idiot front office paid him. He will be the firewall, he'll protect the team and his job from that $37 million dollar mistake. He needs a rookie QB and rookie offensive enhancements, some help on D. He's definitely got something to build on. Osw reaction after throwing yet another pic and squandering another scoring opportunity was to shift blame to his receiver. Understood Fuller and Fiedor both dropped TD's. That's the impression I got. Brady gets away with that classless behavior, not acceptable from a QB who, when he completes a pass it feels like an accident. That behavior won't sit with Bill O.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:18 pm 

Old School Steeler wrote:
I think Bill O is in a great position. He's got a real D, his comments after pulling Osweiler for Savage late season indicates he knows Osw doesn't have it and he doesn't care how much his idiot front office paid him. He will be the firewall, he'll protect the team and his job from that $37 million dollar mistake. He needs a rookie QB and rookie offensive enhancements, some help on D. He's definitely got something to build on. Osw reaction after throwing yet another pic and squandering another scoring opportunity was to shift blame to his receiver. Understood Fuller and Fiedor both dropped TD's. That's the impression I got. Brady gets away with that classless behavior, not acceptable from a QB who, when he completes a pass it feels like an accident. That behavior won't sit with Bill O.

Romo is probably the answer. Obrien is already on rockyground with Texans ownership, or at least isn't particularly happy with things there. He probably wants to win right away. Romo with that defense makes them a threat in the AFC next year, granted Romo can actually stay healthy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:28 pm 

So now they have a choice...go after an expensive FA like Romo (which Denver or the NYJ will probably get) or move up in the draft to get Kizer or Mahomes or the kid from North Carolina. Or roll with Savage I guess but I think that only gets you so far. The Colts will presumably be healthier next year and Titans are getting better.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:50 pm 

You do everything to get Romo.

You have about three years of peak Watt left.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:56 pm 

steelclan wrote:
Yet without that hold call yesterday his big punt return makes that a very close game.

This is dumb. Without the hold/shove in the back, Hester is slowed and gets corralled or he's just straight tattooed onto queer street.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:00 pm 

tunch wrote:
steelclan wrote:
Yet without that hold call yesterday his big punt return makes that a very close game.

This is dumb. Without the hold/shove in the back, Hester is slowed and gets corralled or he's just straight tattooed onto queer street.
That's the penalty I thought they were going to call, not the one at the LOS. The defender was re-directed by a hold on the back.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:21 pm 

franco32 wrote:
Damn, this Houston offense is hot garbage. Boy am I jealous of their defense though. Great stuff from them tonight.

Our defense is better. There, I said it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:25 pm 

Chad Kelly is the best QB prospect in this years draft. He is a complete douche, but also has the full toolbox.....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:26 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
holy shit Brady looks bad tonight throwing all these flat footed lobs downfield....looking like old man Manning

I mentioned earlier in the year when watching Brady-- his downfield arm strength is a fraction off, compared to his peak-- age is definitely starting to show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next