It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
 Post subject: Re: Houston @ The Evil Empire
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:36 pm 

superk wrote:
Chad Kelly is the best QB prospect in this years draft. He is a complete douche, but also has the full toolbox.....

Why would anyone want a QB whose best case career is Jeff George?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:53 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
holy shit Brady looks bad tonight throwing all these flat footed lobs downfield....looking like old man Manning

I mentioned earlier in the year when watching Brady-- his downfield arm strength is a fraction off, compared to his peak-- age is definitely starting to show.

Those "flat-footed lobs" were by design.

Jesus...

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:12 pm 

Chidi Iwuoma wrote:
steelclan wrote:
Hill can do what Hester did for the Bears and then some. In cold weather were kick off returns and punt returns become much, much more important his presence is huge. It makes KC a SB threat.

sorry, i don't agree that a return man has ever made a team a SB threat

way too much attention paid to this guy

i'm not worrying about something that happens once in every twenty returns, even in the all-time greatest seasons

Hill is half their offense, not just a return guy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:12 pm 

tunch wrote:
steelclan wrote:
Yet without that hold call yesterday his big punt return makes that a very close game.

This is dumb. Without the hold/shove in the back, Hester is slowed and gets corralled or he's just straight tattooed onto queer street.

If player isn't held and gets off LOS it is a guarantee he slows down Hester? Sure it is. So I'm not allowed to assume and you are. Copy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:13 pm 

sorry, i don't agree that a return man has ever made a team a SB threat

way too much attention paid to this guy

i'm not worrying about something that happens once in every twenty returns, even in the all-time greatest seasons[/quote]
Hill is half their offense, not just a return guy.[/quote]

Exactly he presents a threat all over the field.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:13 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
if we're being honest....we're going to lose tomorrow and then debate about whether it's the fault of coaching (and many, regardless of his numbers, will blame Ben)

Already presuming a loss and gearing up to blame Tomlin/Haley even if bad Ben showed up.

Shocked you of all poasters would post such words.

51 pages?

Pats are not in peoples' heads at all.

Well why not?

Tonight is just a play-in game, after all.

PS Of course the Pats are in our heads. We've never beaten them when it counted.

How many times have they beaten us when it really counted? Once with Ben? I think you make too much of this supposed dominance.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:18 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
holy shit Brady looks bad tonight throwing all these flat footed lobs downfield....looking like old man Manning

I mentioned earlier in the year when watching Brady-- his downfield arm strength is a fraction off, compared to his peak-- age is definitely starting to show.

Those "flat-footed lobs" were by design.

Jesus...

Not talking about the lobs done for lobs sake-- Brady does not have the giddyup in his arm he used to have. Watch when he tries to drive the ball in the intermediate range and also when he tries to give a little extra to the deep ball. He's still very accurate, but driving the ball is much harder for him than it used to be.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:29 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
How many times have they beaten us when it really counted? Once with Ben? I think you make too much of this supposed dominance.

No...their dominance is real. We've only beaten them twice in the Ben/Brady era when both played.

The "when it counts" didn't really matter...I shouldn't have added it. But we're obsessed because we know this time if we are to get to the Super Bowl, we'll have to go through them (provided we get by Kansas City). And if anyone here says they're confident we can beat them, they're expressing unwarranted bravado.

Hence the mixture of emotions yesterday...we wanted Houston to pull off the upset because we know that would make the path to the Super Bowl a little easier. But at the same time, I'm betting some of us don't want a fourth trip there where we didn't have to face the Pats to get there.

This isn't just projection...other posters have said similar things.

At any rate, it is clear the Pats are in many Steeler fans' heads. Best to just admit it and move on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:30 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Not talking about the lobs done for lobs sake-- Brady does not have the giddyup in his arm he used to have. Watch when he tries to drive the ball in the intermediate range and also when he tries to give a little extra to the deep ball. He's still very accurate, but driving the ball is much harder for him than it used to be.

Not enough to matter.

And Kodak WAS talking about those lobs.

His comment came right after one of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:31 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Not enough to matter.

And Kodak WAS talking about those lobs.

His comment came right after one of them.

I am not and i think it does matter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next