It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56
 Post subject: Re: Houston @ The Evil Empire
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:04 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
And if anyone here says they're confident we can beat them, they're expressing unwarranted bravado.
Bullocks.

The steelers have what it takes to beat NE. The Pats are not infallible. It is completely within the realm of possibility the Steelers win in Foxborough. And it's not unwarranted bravado. They have the skill, talent, and coaching (yes, coaching) to win a road game in NE. Not acknowledging this is living in fears.

Seems the Pats got into your head. Hopefully the steelers, provided they get past KC, won't let silly confidence issues get in the way of the correct mind set. Seems you've already concluded they can't beat the Pats without some kind of miracle. As do many other steeler fans. I think that's unwarranted.

I said none of the above.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:11 pm 

Its not like the pats and their fans really want to face us either, you can bet they would have preferred the Dolphins beating us and the chiefs beating us today as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:29 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Its not like the pats and their fans really want to face us either, you can bet they would have preferred the Dolphins beating us and the chiefs beating us today as well.

No doubt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:29 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
And if anyone here says they're confident we can beat them, they're expressing unwarranted bravado.
Bullocks.

The steelers have what it takes to beat NE. The Pats are not infallible. It is completely within the realm of possibility the Steelers win in Foxborough. And it's not unwarranted bravado. They have the skill, talent, and coaching (yes, coaching) to win a road game in NE. Not acknowledging this is living in fears.

Seems the Pats got into your head. Hopefully the steelers, provided they get past KC, won't let silly confidence issues get in the way of the correct mind set. Seems you've already concluded they can't beat the Pats without some kind of miracle. As do many other steeler fans. I think that's unwarranted.

I said none of the above.
I'm sorry. I must have misunderstood your statement where you said confidence in the steelers beating the pats was unwarranted. A rough count say many fans think the Pats have the steelers number, and can't beat them. It's some kind of insurmountable task to go to NE and win. I thought I read you saying something to the effect that we should simply accept the fact that NE and Belichick are better and so just move on? As fans. I may have misread your comments.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:55 pm 

The Pats played the easiest schedule in the league this year. They took care of business for the most part. Credit to them. They have a very good secondary but their front 7 doesn't scare anyone. If we go in there and punch them in the face (ie. we are aggressive), I see no reason we can't win in Foxboro.

The way some people talk around here you would have thought the Cheats won every SB since 2001. Now is as good a time as ever to drive a stake in their heart.

But, let's take care of KC first. That is a really tough test for us. Will be close tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:59 pm 

franco32 wrote:
The Pats played the easiest schedule in the league this year. They took care of business for the most part. Credit to them. They have a very good secondary but their front 7 doesn't scare anyone. If we go in there and punch them in the face (ie. we are aggressive), I see no reason we can't win in Foxboro.

The way some people talk around here you would have thought the Cheats won every SB since 2001. Now is as good a time as ever to drive a stake in their heart.

But, let's take care of KC first. That is a really tough test for us. Will be close tonight.

Concur winning tonight is nowhere as easy as some think it will be. PS are walking into a cauldron of noise and will need to be very, very good to escape with a win. Folks seem to forget that KC crowd, and how amped up KC will be. PS gets behind early it could be a very long night.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:06 pm 

It's amazing to may that a guy like Osweiler can get overpaid like that while a QB who actually had a great season, Nick Foles, is now resigned to the hot garbage backup role.

I think if Houston had someone as good as Foles they would have beaten NE.

In a similar vein, remember 10 years ago when Alex Smith was a bust with small hands and Jay Cutler was considered the next franchise QB?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56