It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cheating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:51 am 

Come on guys, all this talk about cheating makes you look foolish, weak. I mean how can a football team cheat on the level of a spy agency like the CIA or kgb. I mean it's not like the owner knows any ex kgb agents. It's is weird how the 3 amigos all supported, oh nevermind.

Post subject: Re: Cheating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:54 am 

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
Come on guys, all this talk about cheating makes you look foolish, weak. I mean how can a football team cheat on the level of a spy agency like the CIA or kgb. I mean it's not like the owner knows any ex kgb agents. It's is weird how the 3 amigos all supported, oh nevermind.

But if you take away the cheating all I am left with is the brute fact that the Pats are not only the most dominant dynasty the NFL has ever seen, but possibly the greatest dynasty in team sports and my consciousness is too tender for that. I need my asterisks and if you take them from me I will be unable to cope with modernity.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:57 am 

If anyone cheated I say the Atlanta Falcons did. They cheated everyone out of a one sided boring game where the pats were dominated early and looked done. Oh well....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:09 am 

When the Patriots accomplish 7 super bowl, or go to 11 straight, then they are the greatest, until then they are still chasing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:15 am 

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
When the Patriots accomplish 7 super bowl, or go to 11 straight, then they are the greatest, until then they are still chasing.

You're talking about a team's total history. I'm talking about a particular incarnation of a team, namely the team consisting of Brady / Belichick. The 2000s through now Pats are easily the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Chasing my ass. The Ben-era Steelers has fuck all to do with the 70s and that team's accomplishments for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:21 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

You're talking about a team's total history. I'm talking about a particular incarnation of a team, namely the team consisting of Brady / Belichick. The 2000s through now Pats are easily the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Chasing my ass. The Ben-era Steelers has fuck all to do with the 70s and that team's accomplishments for me.

I don't know about easily, Lit.

Pats have five over a 16-year period; Steelers had four in a six-year period. Case should be made for the '60s Packers, who won five championships in a seven-year period. 'Nine had four in a nine-year period.

All great teams, all great accomplishments......doesn't really matter who was greatest historically. Patriots are sure as fuck the best right now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:28 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

But if you take away the cheating all I am left with is the brute fact that the Pats are not only the most dominant dynasty the NFL has ever seen, but possibly the greatest dynasty in team sports and my consciousness is too tender for that. I need my asterisks and if you take them from me I will be unable to cope with modernity.

Even that is subjective. Pats won 5 Super Bowls in 15 years, Steelers won 4 in 6. The eras where different, but the Steelers of 74-80 can still make a case. In team sports? No! Didn't the Celtics win 8 straight? UCLA basketball 10? Yankees I think at one point 10 of 12.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:33 am 

So those 2 cheating scandals which occurred during years they won don't mean anything anymore?

Yeah ok :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:36 am 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
So those 2 cheating scandals which occurred during years they won don't mean anything anymore?

They do to you, of course.

I don't really care and never did, mostly because it's merely about football. Grand scheme and all that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:36 am 

BethlehemSteel wrote:

To me, not much, they still had to win, deflating balls? Practice videos, doesn't guarantee winning. Maybe the Steelers need more "innovation" like that! I'm still HAPPY and PROUD that the Steelers 'roided up and kicked every ones ass in the '70s before there where written rules against it.