It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Get Brady outta there!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:05 am 

The original post is better than where I have been concerning NE. I can't stand Brady and NE - part of it is the success they have had in the league and particularly the success they have had against the my Steelers. I know it is no fault of their own that our coaching staff is a POS. Wanting Brady to retire is better than my thoughts of his maiming. We have all wished bad things upon the guy including, but not limited to, breaking his fucking legs or body in half. I remember when they played Houston that people were hoping Clowney and Co. would mangle him and that the AFC Championship game would come to Pittsburgh. How the hell is that any different than wanting the guy to retire? On one hand, you make claims that you WANT to play him because he represents the best and if we can't beat him, then we don't deserve to go to the superbowl, but on the other hand, you want another team to take them out so we don't have to face him. I could go through all of the posts with regard to this, but I know I don't have to as you all know it is true. In my world, we call those people hypocrites.

I'm so happy that many of you have such complete confidence in our coaching staff developing an actual game plan that could beat a Brady led team. I, however, do not as evidenced by our latest abomination. In fact, as stated above, I'm not sure this coaching staff could have won with their game pan against Garrapolo. The system Belicheat has in place and his football smarts will always be 10 steps ahead of Tomlin. Hell, we barely get by a POS Ravens team. Let's face it, that dumbfuck Harbaugh has had his way with Tomlin for the most part as well. Since we have beat the "coaching" horse to death, a new perspective is needed and I'm trying to tone down my fandom. Secretly wishing for someones injury or even death is not a quality christian trait. Yeah, I have said more than a few time that I wish their plane would go down on the way home. Not proud of it, but at least I will admit it.

I'm a Steeler homer, through and through. Even in the SSG, I rarely pick against my Steelers (have done so a few times out of being pissed off with them). But, I am also become more of a realist. I have taken the black and gold glasses off to see that this team will see Ben retire, before it see another Superbowl with this coaching staff (I do hope I'm wrong and will gladly admit it if it happens). Tomlin is a narcissistic, set-in-his-ways and unimaginative coach. I truly feel he is not capable of beating NE. He's still living in his Tampa 2 ideology, which is outdated. When push comes to shove, we see that he doesn't trust his players.

Flame me at will for my original post, but when we play NE next year with Brady at the helm, I'm looking for many of you to absolutely be downright grateful for just the opportunity to play against the best. And if we lose, this board should be a very happy place knowing we lost to the GOAT, again. Once again, the AFC championship will most likely run through NE should we lose, but I'm sure many of you will be okay with that. Maybe then, you can pin your hopes that another team beats them for us!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:21 am 

Quote:
We have all wished bad things upon the guy

I can honestly say that I have never wished bad things on Tom Brady.
Now, his wife on the otherhand....
Of course in my mind, I'm the one doing the bad things... :mrgreen:

But then, I guess that's
Quote:
not a quality christian trait.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:36 am 

Beating New England without Brady would be the same as beating any other good football team. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how fucking unbeatable he is. Sure you have to play a great game to beat him but this guy has got to put his pants on one leg at a time in the morning just like anybody else. Against the Steelers, he looked unbeatable but if the Steelers score from the one inch line, kick an extra point, not drop a touchdown pass in the end zone that any decent NCAA Division III wide out catches, and go into the game with a rational defensive game plan, you've got a close game. Atlanta had him beat and it took perhaps the stupidest call in pro football history to hand the game to the Pats. I've been a sports fan since my dad took me to a Pirates game at Forbes Field in 1956 or 57 (Robin Roberts pitched the first game of a doubleheader for the Phillies, Pirates had a great young outfielder from Puerto Rico... I must be getting old), anyway, I've seen a dozen "unbeatable teams" get their head handed to them over the years, I just hope that if it happens to the Pats next year, Brady is over center and the team on the other end of the field is wearing black and gold.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:18 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:

But I don't want brady to retire. The only thing that would be better than winning the ACCCG is winning it with Brady at QB.

And then he retires. After a losing season.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:57 pm 

Northside50 wrote:
Beating New England without Brady would be the same as beating any other good football team. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how fucking unbeatable he is. Sure you have to play a great game to beat him but this guy has got to put his pants on one leg at a time in the morning just like anybody else. Against the Steelers, he looked unbeatable but if the Steelers score from the one inch line, kick an extra point, not drop a touchdown pass in the end zone that any decent NCAA Division III wide out catches, and go into the game with a rational defensive game plan, you've got a close game. Atlanta had him beat and it took perhaps the stupidest call in pro football history to hand the game to the Pats. I've been a sports fan since my dad took me to a Pirates game at Forbes Field in 1956 or 57 (Robin Roberts pitched the first game of a doubleheader for the Phillies, Pirates had a great young outfielder from Puerto Rico... I must be getting old), anyway, I've seen a dozen "unbeatable teams" get their head handed to them over the years, I just hope that if it happens to the Pats next year, Brady is over center and the team on the other end of the field is wearing black and gold.

They're not unbeatable, but their dominant. They are, without question, THE team to beat just about every year for the past fifteen. Sorry, I love the Steelers, but the AFCCG once again revealed that we're good, but not great. The Pats have $69M in cap space. $69M!!! and they're winning. Everyone that comes out of that organization speaks about unselfish greatness. They are everything every other team is trying to be but coming up short. Great teams don't keep talking about how they have to improve their red zone efficiency. We won are way to the AFCCG on nothing but FGs. Didn't we all see this coming? Flame away. I'll reset by next season, but we keep woulda, shoulda, coulda ourselves to death.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:15 pm 

So you want to dress like a woman to get Brady to retire??

OK, man. Good luck.

Pats won 3 of 5 SB's going through the Steelers (2 in Pit)...they could certainly use any help they can get....help 2 different coaching staffs weren't able to give.

Maybe lube up in case the plan goes a little further than expected?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:29 pm 

I would like to see Brady retire as obviously that would make it easier for us to get to the Super Bowl. Where I differ from the OP is that I don't believe Brady HAS to retire for us to get to the Super Bowl, so I'm not spending a whole lot of time wishing for it to happen.

We have been to THREE super bowls in the Belichick-Brady era.

But we didn't have to beat the Patriots to get there those years!

So what? Maybe the Pats miss the playoffs next year, maybe someone takes out Brady's knee, maybe another team beats them in the playoffs. Maybe, just maybe, we beat them ourselves.

I guess I'm perceiving a kind of desperation coming from the OP that I'm not sharing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:43 pm 

Maybe Ernie Adams gets abducted by aliens... :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:03 pm 

Yeah Brady will almost certainly be around another 3-4 years to dominate us with slants, curls, and out routes. Outside of the torn ACL he's been less abused than any QB almost ever. I wouldn't retire if I were him. He has a legitimate shot at 6-7 rings. Who's standing in his way next year? Mike Tomlin and Keith Butler? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:15 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:
We have all wished bad things upon the guy

I can honestly say that I have never wished bad things on Tom Brady.

But then, I guess that's
Quote:
not a quality christian trait.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I have. Every week, I root for Tom Brady to break his fuckin' leg. I wish the fuck he'd retire; I'm thinking that that might be the silver lining of this game.....not that he's retiring right now, but maybe this win shaves a year or two off his career.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next