It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chefs @ Cheats
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:59 am 

Lynch wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Alex Smith would be a great get post-Ben.

I think he's more than a game manager, and slightly less than a franchise QB...but I think he's closer to the latter than the former.

He had unreal accuracy last night. For as much as we lauded the speedsters on KC, if Smith isn't pinpoint accurate with several of his passes, they don't get the long gainers and TDs they got last night.

We already have the younger version of that guy.

Landry Jones?

Um...no.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:11 am 

Lynch wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Alex Smith would be a great get post-Ben.

I think he's more than a game manager, and slightly less than a franchise QB...but I think he's closer to the latter than the former.

He had unreal accuracy last night. For as much as we lauded the speedsters on KC, if Smith isn't pinpoint accurate with several of his passes, they don't get the long gainers and TDs they got last night.

We already have the younger version of that guy.

L Jones is pretty much the exact opposite of A Smith in many ways, not the least of which is pocket presence.

They're both white, so I guess you win that take

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:39 am 

No QB in history has been so dismissed and yet so overpraised as Alex Smith.

He was written off as a bust while Jay Cutler was hailed as the QB of the future ten years ago.

He would have been in a SB against the Pats but for a stupid defensive blunder by the Niners and might have the next year had Harbaugh not fallen in love with an unemployed flash in the pan.

On the other hand, remember the two games he played against the Steelers last year. I was at the regular season game, he was terrible.

Beating NE in NE is a great feat, but an outlier.

If Alex Smith were a coach, he'd be Tomlin, good not great, with obvious weaknesses.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:39 am 

I'm with Clan on this win. The Pat's D is overrated, especially without Hightower. Their front seven without him are paper tigers at best. Our O line should have little problems with them man vs man. If they do some crazy BB scheme stuff it may be different. Pat's O is average without Edelman. Hogan is a 4.55 guy at best with a little wiggle. A strong press eliminates him as shown last night. We have the DBs to pay them imo, they just have to be allowed to. Their O Line is not very good if asked to block for more than 1.5 to 2 seconds. If sending three, I like our chances with Tuitt, J-Wobble and Hey or Bud. Make no mistake, KCs Edge and DBs are very good, but I think they showed the rest of the league how to beat that pussy Brady and BB (not real football) scheme. While I admire the work BB puts in to create his gimmick offense, I can't stand the type of football they play. It's flag football at best with a lol of complaining and fake toughness added in. NE fans wouldn't know real football if it hit them in the face. It was great seeing them sit there in a stupor, like they just got bitch-slapped and were to busy pissing in their pants to know what to do next.

What a great win and better lose!

End of excited rant....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:00 am 

You poor, couch anchored bastards can't process what your eyes see. There may not be two QB's more alike than Jones/Smith.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:05 am 

Lynch wrote:
You poor, couch anchored bastards can't process what your eyes see. There may not be two QB's more alike than Jones/Smith.

I can see they're both white just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:10 am 

Yeah? Notice any similarities between the O Smith ran last night, and the one Jones ran in college? You ever notice how productive they both look in that same scheme? Why, it almost seems like the two could interchange, with little to no change in production, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:20 am 

Lynch wrote:
Yeah? Notice any similarities between the O Smith ran last night, and the one Jones ran in college? You ever notice how productive they both look in that same scheme? Why, it almost seems like the two could interchange, with little to no change in production, doesn't it?

There'd be a drop-off.

Jones has nowhere near Smith's accuracy and touch, or vision.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:31 am 

Jeemie please...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:40 am 

Smith is quite a bit more mobile than the stone footed Jones as well...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next