It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chefs @ Cheats
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:43 am 

Lynch wrote:
You poor, couch anchored bastards can't process what your eyes see. There may not be two QB's more alike than Jones/Smith.

I'd agree with this, if throwing to the other team is equivalent to throwing to the guys on your team, which it's not.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:00 pm 

Alex Smith and the Chiefs straight up torched New England back in 2014 as well. Maybe Alex Smith is just BB's kryptonite?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:25 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Alex Smith and the Chiefs straight up torched New England back in 2014 as well. Maybe Alex Smith is just BB's kryptonite?

I'll get a ton of flack for this, but Andy Reid is a very good coach. He's just never been able to find a championship caliber QB.

You can win a SB with a Joe Flacco, if you face Kaepernick, but the list of non-HOF QB's winning the SB remains pretty small - Eli Manning is kind of a rare exception beating a HOFer (much less not once, but twice). By my calculation, HOF QB's have won something like 80% of the SB's (and Bradshaw is probably the only guy who you'd argue, statistically, without multiple rings he's not in). Even more rare is HOFers losing that game to non-HOFers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:28 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Pabst wrote:

I'll get a ton of flack for this, but Andy Reid is a very good coach. He's just never been able to find a championship caliber QB.

You can win a SB with a Joe Flacco, if you face Kaepernick, but the list of non-HOF QB's winning the SB remains pretty small - Eli Manning is kind of a rare exception beating a HOFer (much less not once, but twice). By my calculation, HOF QB's have won something like 80% of the SB's (and Bradshaw is probably the only guy who you'd argue, statistically, without multiple rings he's not in). Even more rare is HOFers losing that game to non-HOFers.

agreed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:29 pm 

Lynch wrote:
You poor, couch anchored bastards can't process what your eyes see. There may not be two QB's more alike than Jones/Smith.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:53 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Pabst wrote:

Good post. This is why Joe Gibbs deserves so much more credit than he seems to get. Winning 3 Super Bowls with 3 different non-HOF quarterbacks (Joe Theismann, Jay Schroeder/Doug Williams, and Mark Rypien) is an amazing achievement.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:06 pm 

Steel Drummer wrote:
Good post. This is why Joe Gibbs deserves so much more credit than he seems to get. Winning 3 Super Bowls with 3 different non-HOF quarterbacks (Joe Theismann, Jay Schroeder/Doug Williams, and Mark Rypien) is an amazing achievement.

I believe Gibbs and Seifert are the only two HC's to win SB's with different QB's, and Seifert did it with 2 HOF QB's and a team largely inherited. Ben, Manning and Aikman are the only guys to win with different HC's. Both somewhat surprising (more so on the coaching front).

I think it's more interesting if you look at SB appearances rather than just wins but I forget how that shakes out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:08 pm 

Kodiak wrote:

Reid would be crucified by this board if he were coaching the Steelers

- Long history of clock management issues
- Long history of choking in the playoffs
- Blew games vs. Tampa and Tennessee at home down the stretch last season - it would have cost KC the division had Carr not gotten hurt
- Started the 2015 season 1-5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:19 pm 

Eric Berry lost for the season with a ruptured Achilles.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:22 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

Reid would be crucified by this board if he were coaching the Steelers

- Long history of clock management issues
- Long history of choking in the playoffs
- Blew games vs. Tampa and Tennessee at home down the stretch last season - it would have cost KC the division had Carr not gotten hurt
- Started the 2015 season 1-5

These things are all true. Especially the clock management. He makes Tomlin look like a genius in that regard.

Still never forget an Eagles' games against the Skins. Eagles trailed 7-3...had the ball with over four minutes left and all three timeouts.

They failed to score the winning touchdown, not because they ran out of downs...they ran out of time.

To this day, I still can't believe that was even possible.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next