It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chefs @ Cheats
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:04 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Reid would be crucified by this board if he were coaching the Steelers

He's pretty much Cowher - who WAS crucified routinely by many here - without a HOF QB.

But when Tomlin is guilty of the transgressions you mention - WITH a HOF QB - he gets a pass from a good number here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:11 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Pabst wrote:

He's pretty much Cowher - who WAS crucified routinely by many here - without a HOF QB.

But when Tomlin is guilty of the transgressions you mention - WITH a HOF QB - he gets a pass from a good number here.

I can't believe Reid is only 57. He's looked 57 for the last 20 years.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:11 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Pabst wrote:

McNabb was light years ahead of anything Cowher had pre-Ben, and he could be a HOFer before its all said and done. The question is who in that duo was the choker.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:00 pm 

955876 wrote:
Smith is quite a bit more mobile than the stone footed Jones as well...

I assure you, Jones is not stone footed. He may not be as elusive as Smith, but he makes Ben look like statue Marino in the pocket.

Nor is accuracy, touch or any other arm talent his issue. I watched this dude drop hundreds of dime all over the field every fuckin year for four years straight.

I honestly can't believe you fuckers can't make the connection. They're both system QB's who struggle if they have to take 5-7 step drops, or God forbid hold the ball waiting for a reciever to come open. They don't lack pocket presence, they lack pocket balls. They both start shuffling their feet like fuckin thumper the rabbit if they gotta stand in the pocket and deliver.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:36 pm 

The difference is that Smith has been a successful starter in this league. Jones has not been a successful starter. Jones has won a few in spot duty but never shown himself to be an NFL starting quarterback, Smith has.

Lynch wrote:
955876 wrote:
Smith is quite a bit more mobile than the stone footed Jones as well...

I assure you, Jones is not stone footed. He may not be as elusive as Smith, but he makes Ben look like statue Marino in the pocket.

Nor is accuracy, touch or any other arm talent his issue. I watched this dude drop hundreds of dime all over the field every fuckin year for four years straight.

I honestly can't believe you fuckers can't make the connection. They're both system QB's who struggle if they have to take 5-7 step drops, or God forbid hold the ball waiting for a reciever to come open. They don't lack pocket presence, they lack pocket balls. They both start shuffling their feet like fuckin thumper the rabbit if they gotta stand in the pocket and deliver.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:54 pm 

And gee, I wonder what it was that made Smith successful again, after stinking it up to the point of losing his job to Colin fuckin Kaepernick not so long ago??? Can any of you stoners put this puzzle together?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:58 pm 

Why does any of this matter? Let's just hope we don't need Jones to take significant snaps this year.

Or next...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:23 pm 

Believe me I hope he doesn't. It's just crazy to see the couch ridden creatures nut-hugging Landry Jones twin in KC, while at the same time, knocking the SF version of him here in PA.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:30 pm 

Pabst wrote:
McNabb was light years ahead of anything Cowher had pre-Ben, and he could be a HOFer before its all said and done. The question is who in that duo was the choker.

McNabb shouldn't sniff the HOF. He has comparable career efficiency numbers to - wait for it - Neil O'Donnell, despite playing in a more passer-friendly era.

And although McNabb was better than Neil in the playoffs, he never was able to string good playoff games together - EVERY year he was in the playoffs included an absolute turd.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:34 pm 

955876 wrote:
Why does any of this matter? Let's just hope we don't need Jones to take significant snaps this year.

Or next...

Or ever. And I'm of the opinion that Landry is actually a decent back-up. Alex Smith may be a mediocre starter, but that's something Landry will never become.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next