It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slightly OT: Timmons
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:40 am 

Pretty sure he has a house here. Plus Mike was staying with his brother.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:46 am 

fortythree wrote:
Timmons and Mike Pouncey were displaced by the hurricane and came to Pittsburgh to wait it out.

Both attended Steelers practice on Friday. Timmons didn't return i guess.

Glad to hear that. I was hoping it wasn't anything bad. He epitomized Steelers football for a decade.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:46 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
R S wrote:
As much as we bitch about the Steelers. The players seem to love it in Pittsburgh. Timmons may have gotten a shell shock into how other organizations operate/function or dysfunction.

Yup.
He could have flown to NYC. Washington, Boston, or any other east coast city.
But landed in Pittsburgh.

As Tomlins first ever pick.....
I can see him back in Pittsburgh down the road as a vet. min. depth role player.
See Larry Foote. Gay, Plax, etc..

I'd be fine with that

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:48 am 

StillerInCT wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Timmons and Mike Pouncey were displaced by the hurricane and came to Pittsburgh to wait it out.

Both attended Steelers practice on Friday. Timmons didn't return i guess.

Glad to hear that. I was hoping it wasn't anything bad. He epitomized Steelers football for a decade.

Sorry to confuse the situation. I guess the visit to practice was last Friday after their game was postponed.

Sure seems like he misses the Steelers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:44 am 

It seems Timmons was in LA with the Dolfins all week. Went AWOL on Saturday, but if I'm reading this right, they eventually found out where he is/was.
It doesn't appear that he is in trouble or danger...just POed or concerned about something.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:58 am 

Rumored he could be cut this afternoon...We shall see

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:48 pm 

And ESPN article said he was getting checked by a doctor.

Quote:
After dealing with what one source described as "a personal matter" this weekend, Miami Dolphins linebacker Lawrence Timmons is scheduled to meet Monday with doctors to try to figure out what is wrong, per sources.

Miami Dolphins linebacker Lawrence Timmons was ruled inactive after going AWOL from the team on Saturday, which also ended Timmons' streak of 101 consecutive starts.

One source said Timmons is "doing much better [Monday] and wants to resume playing immediately" with the hope that he will practice this week. But first come the doctor visits.

The Dolphins are unsure what the issue is with Timmons, but one league source said he does not believe it is the early onset of CTE. "No one has ever seen anything like it," one source said.

The 31-year-old Timmons, entering his 11th NFL season, was dealing with his personal matter Saturday and returned to the team early Sunday morning before the Dolphins decided he wasn't in a good place to play against the Los Angeles Chargers. His streak of 101 consecutive starts was snapped.

Following the Dolphins' 19-17 victory over the Chargers, coach Adam Gase would only say that Timmons didn't play Sunday due to a coach's decision.

"I need to figure some things out before I talk about this," he said.

Miami signed Timmons to a two-year, $10 million contract in March. He was the team's starting outside linebacker all throughout training camp and leading into the regular season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:27 pm 

Phins called the FBI looking for him as a missing person last weekend. Savran reporting that they think he may have CTE issues.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:28 pm 

TMZ Sports reports the Dolphins filed a missing persons report for SLB Lawrence Timmons on Saturday.

Timmons was reportedly not in his room at curfew, and the team could not find him despite calling family and close friends. Timmons was eventually found at the airport early Sunday morning in the boarding area for a flight headed to Pennsylvania, which is where his child lives. Timmons returned to the team on Monday, but his future with the team remains muddled.

Source: TMZ Sep 18 - 12:39 PM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:41 pm 

If this is what it sounds like, I hope he just retires.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next