It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slightly OT: Timmons
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:15 am 

randomsteelerfan wrote:
Havoc wrote:
randomsteelerfan wrote:
The post isn't a farce. Of course the game of football doesn't directly equate to the gladiator arena.

However, it does serve a similar, if not the same, purpose as those ancient games. And that purpose is public entertainment and distraction.

In that regard, it is accurate.

I could quickly come up with a long list of things that serve as public entertainment and distraction. Meaningless to the discussion of CTE.

Most drive automobiles but we are not all nascar drivers.

If we discuss your poor ability to parallell park, zero point in bringing up nascar. Nascar does not belong in the conversation.

How about simply an honest discussion about CTE without the slaves killing slaves and eaten by lions?

Sorry, bro, but what are you talking about? You're completely missing the point of the post in question.

It's not about slaves vs slaves or even CTE. He simply reference the parallels between the basic meaninglessness of the NFL in society and its hierarchal place. One that is very similar to the gladiator games.

Equate that to CTE or slaves however you want. Doesn't alter the premise.

The post in discussion is dripping with back door agenda.

There are aspects of the post I have not mentioned and I don't want to get into in this football thread.

I'll end with this... it's better to stay on point when discussing CTE... more likely to result in reasonable conclusions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:53 am 

He was found at an airport trying to fly back to Pittsburgh.

He's got a baby here in Pittsburgh.

It's entirely possible he was homesick and couldn't handle being away from his child, something he's not really had to deal with for this long a time.

I mean it's not like he was confused and found at the end of a bridge. He might just be at a point where he wants to go home and be with his family....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:00 am 

If that is the case jaybird, I'm relieved he isn't facing a medical crisis, but that kind of conduct is not normal. I just hope he's alright.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:00 am 

If you read between the lines it's obvious that something happened that made him mad, he flew home to visit his kid, reported back and now the team is making him get a mental health eval before he plays again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:01 am 

dropemjaybird wrote:

It's entirely possible he was homesick and couldn't handle being away from his child, something he's not really had to deal with for this long a time.

I mean it's not like he was confused and found at the end of a bridge. He might just be at a point where he wants to go home and be with his family....

Or there are some issues going on with the kid (hopefully that's not the case). Remember Aaron Smith?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:02 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
If that is the case jaybird, I'm relieved he isn't facing a medical crisis, but that kind of conduct is not normal. I just hope he's alright.

Not sure how you can say that the conduct is "not normal" when we know virtually nothing about what happened.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:03 am 

Pabst wrote:
dropemjaybird wrote:

Or there are some issues going on with the kid (hopefully that's not the case). Remember Aaron Smith?

Doesn't really fit with the narrative and there's no reason he'd have to sneak away if that was the case.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:12 am 

Havoc wrote:
VanWilder wrote:
Not really, it's pretty on point.

Have you ever competed in anything dangerous after you left your mommas warm safe shelter at 18?

The post is a farce.

First, I stopped sucking Moms teet at 15. Second, yes. If you're too obtuse to understand what he was saying, I'm not going to waste time explaining it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:20 am 

VanWilder wrote:
Havoc wrote:
VanWilder wrote:
Not really, it's pretty on point.

Have you ever competed in anything dangerous after you left your mommas warm safe shelter at 18?

The post is a farce.

First, I stopped sucking Moms teet at 15. Second, yes. If you're too obtuse to understand what he was saying, I'm not going to waste time explaining it.

Oh, I understand.

I object to the post as a whole on multiple grounds.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:40 pm 

fortythree wrote:
Pabst wrote:
dropemjaybird wrote:

Doesn't really fit with the narrative and there's no reason he'd have to sneak away if that was the case.

I mean, guy is at the airport waiting to board a plane to Pittsburgh where he has a baby daughter. I'm sure he didn't tell the team because he was acting on an impulse which can be very strong - especially considering this is really the first time he's playing football with a family that he's not essentially living with at the time.

Not to mention the team had spent the week in LA after being displaced after the hurricane... I'm sure Timmons saw teammates dealing with the stress of family and friends who live in the Miami region.

In terms of going awol... he left the team to try and take a plane to see his daughter... I don't think there is anything more here than that... it's not like he had a few hours of being lost on a street somewhere... I think it's pretty obvious what he was trying to do - and to be honest - it's somewhat understandable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next