It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6940
Watt has a groin predisposed to injury

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1765
Donnie Brasco wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

I mean, I don't know what player's knee wouldn't get fucked up from the DeCastro submarining of Pouncey's knee.


Actually it happens nearly every play: RB falling on the back on an Olineman's legs. Or a WR engaged in a block downfield and he gets rolled up from behind

This is on a different level, though:
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7061
Donnie Brasco wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

I mean, I don't know what player's knee wouldn't get fucked up from the DeCastro submarining of Pouncey's knee.


Actually it happens nearly every play: RB falling on the back on an Olineman's legs. Or a WR engaged in a block downfield and he gets rolled up from behind

AV stepping on Ben's lower leg Sunday could have been a disaster. Thank goodness he takes good care of himself.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6940
Pabst wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

I mean, I don't know what player's knee wouldn't get fucked up from the DeCastro submarining of Pouncey's knee.


Actually it happens nearly every play: RB falling on the back on an Olineman's legs. Or a WR engaged in a block downfield and he gets rolled up from behind

This is on a different level, though:
Image


Thanks. I was hoping someone would come to my defense.

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1765
BarryFoster wrote:
Thanks. I was hoping someone would come to my defense.

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 986
Kodiak wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
I guess your response implies that some people have weaker ligaments than others?


I'm not implying it, I'm stating it as a fact. Some people have tighter/less elastic ligaments than others. Some have shorter ligaments than others. Same with bones and joints. This makes them more likely to get injured, all else equal.

Do you guys ever watch the Steelers' pregame stretch?
It's like a buncha guys hanging out and carrying on, waiting for the work release bus to show up...

Injuries happen. Life happens.
It's the preparation for and response to such that makes the real difference.

I bet if our players were coached to take those preparations with a bit more serious discipline and could be shown the bigger picture AS A TEAM, in general, they'd be among those with the better prepared skeletal and connective tissue...

Generally speaking, the injuries that occur could be less serious and of shorter duration if the prep and stretch was a bit more serious.

Can't possibly expect such a standard to be set by our "Leader of Grown Assed Men", though, right?

Image

:roll:

_________________
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&p=14295#p14295


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5642
Injuries happen.
Some probably have more flexible joints, tendons, muscles, etc......
Some heal quicker and can rebound faster.
Some are just lucky
Some are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

How does one explain the phenomena of Eli Manning.
He is a big bucket of silly putty......
has not missed a game in forever.
He should not have walked off that field on Monday night.
Took at least 2 kill shots.
Got driven into the turf on one play by every last ounce of Ngatas body.
Yet never missed a play.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 810
Steeledge wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
I guess your response implies that some people have weaker ligaments than others?


I'm not implying it, I'm stating it as a fact. Some people have tighter/less elastic ligaments than others. Some have shorter ligaments than others. Same with bones and joints. This makes them more likely to get injured, all else equal.

Do you guys ever watch the Steelers' pregame stretch?
It's like a buncha guys hanging out and carrying on, waiting for the work release bus to show up...

Injuries happen. Life happens.
It's the preparation for and response to such that makes the real difference.

I bet if our players were coached to take those preparations with a bit more serious discipline and could be shown the bigger picture AS A TEAM, in general, they'd be among those with the better prepared skeletal and connective tissue...

Generally speaking, the injuries that occur could be less serious and of shorter duration if the prep and stretch was a bit more serious.

Can't possibly expect such a standard to be set by our "Leader of Grown Assed Men", though, right?

Image

:roll:


This is honestly laughable. It's almost like poorly done satire. Like if a bad writer submitted an article for The Onion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5597
Steeledge wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
I guess your response implies that some people have weaker ligaments than others?


I'm not implying it, I'm stating it as a fact. Some people have tighter/less elastic ligaments than others. Some have shorter ligaments than others. Same with bones and joints. This makes them more likely to get injured, all else equal.

Do you guys ever watch the Steelers' pregame stretch?
It's like a buncha guys hanging out and carrying on, waiting for the work release bus to show up...

Injuries happen. Life happens.
It's the preparation for and response to such that makes the real difference.

I bet if our players were coached to take those preparations with a bit more serious discipline and could be shown the bigger picture AS A TEAM, in general, they'd be among those with the better prepared skeletal and connective tissue...

Generally speaking, the injuries that occur could be less serious and of shorter duration if the prep and stretch was a bit more serious.

Can't possibly expect such a standard to be set by our "Leader of Grown Assed Men", though, right?

Image

:roll:


static stretching has been proven ineffective for injury preventions. http://www.bmj.com/content/325/7362/468 The stuff they stand around and do together is probably more a comraderie thing. Everyone is now doing dynamic stretches, which are usually done in small positional groups or alone. It's not the 90's anymore.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4904
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Zeke5123 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
I really should get royalty checks here

Field Goal Bill
Tubmonster
HIG
Socksucker
Handoff Monkey

Not to mention SilverbackAttack

So much more....you are all welcome. I love sharing my genius with the little people


No Tommy Blizard Thompson reference?


Nobody was better than Arnie Herber. Nobody. Except maybe Phil Kessel. Nobody's better than Phil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12043
R S wrote:
static stretching has been proven ineffective for injury preventions. http://www.bmj.com/content/325/7362/468 The stuff they stand around and do together is probably more a comraderie thing. Everyone is now doing dynamic stretches, which are usually done in small positional groups or alone. It's not the 90's anymore.



Yep. And what you do immediately before the game isn't going to have a huge impact. There's only so much you can do with the tendons/ligaments you have, and it takes years of proper conditioning to to have a marginal impact.

And I can add 20 lbs of muscle, but it won't do much for my tendons/ligaments/joints except subject them to greater force than they're used to or that my body intended.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 810
You guys are wrong. I don't follow any other teams or pay attention to their injury reports, but I perceive the Steelers as suffering a disproportionate amount of injuries. And it's all because Tomlin has the team prepare for games like prison inmates working out in the yard. You know, because they're black.

Steeledge wrote:
Do you guys ever watch the Steelers' pregame stretch?
It's like a buncha guys hanging out and carrying on, waiting for the work release bus to show up...


Last edited by Laying the Wood on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8153
Steeledge wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
I guess your response implies that some people have weaker ligaments than others?


I'm not implying it, I'm stating it as a fact. Some people have tighter/less elastic ligaments than others. Some have shorter ligaments than others. Same with bones and joints. This makes them more likely to get injured, all else equal.

Do you guys ever watch the Steelers' pregame stretch?
It's like a buncha guys hanging out and carrying on, waiting for the work release bus to show up...

Injuries happen. Life happens.
It's the preparation for and response to such that makes the real difference.

I bet if our players were coached to take those preparations with a bit more serious discipline and could be shown the bigger picture AS A TEAM, in general, they'd be among those with the better prepared skeletal and connective tissue...

Generally speaking, the injuries that occur could be less serious and of shorter duration if the prep and stretch was a bit more serious.

Can't possibly expect such a standard to be set by our "Leader of Grown Assed Men", though, right?

Image

:roll:

Hope you didn't hurt yourself stretching for another thing to blame on Tomlin.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 pm
Posts: 1519
Ravens have 15 guys on IR. How does this skew predictive tubmonster analytics?

_________________

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.


Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 986
Laying the Wood wrote:
You guys are wrong. I don't follow any other teams or pay attention to their injury reports, but I perceive the Steelers as suffering a disproportionate amount of injuries. And it's all because Tomlin has the team prepare for games like prison inmates working out in the yard. You know, because they're black.

I'll readily admit that what I said was a "stretch" </pun>
but you, sir, took it to a whole new and much lower level of despicable.

congratulations.

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/race-baiting

_________________
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&p=14295#p14295


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 810
Steeledge wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
You guys are wrong. I don't follow any other teams or pay attention to their injury reports, but I perceive the Steelers as suffering a disproportionate amount of injuries. And it's all because Tomlin has the team prepare for games like prison inmates working out in the yard. You know, because they're black.

I'll readily admit that what I said was a "stretch" </pun>
but you, sir, took it to a whole new and much lower level of despicable.

congratulations.

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/race-baiting


Please tell me why you think they look like they're in prison. What about them makes them look like inmates.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
Steeledge wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
You guys are wrong. I don't follow any other teams or pay attention to their injury reports, but I perceive the Steelers as suffering a disproportionate amount of injuries. And it's all because Tomlin has the team prepare for games like prison inmates working out in the yard. You know, because they're black.

I'll readily admit that what I said was a "stretch" </pun>
but you, sir, took it to a whole new and much lower level of despicable.

congratulations.

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/race-baiting


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 499
dogwhistle

In politics, to make an innocuous statement which is designed to trigger previously indoctrinated bigotry & hatred without being recognized by outsiders for bigotry or hateful speech.

Ex. “Do you guys ever watch the Steelers' pregame stretch? It's like a buncha guys hanging out and carrying on, waiting for the work release bus to show up...”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 986
Steel Drummer wrote:
dogwhistle

In politics, to make an innocuous statement which is designed to trigger previously indoctrinated bigotry & hatred without being recognized by outsiders for bigotry or hateful speech.

Ex. “Do you guys ever watch the Steelers' pregame stretch? It's like a buncha guys hanging out and carrying on, waiting for the work release bus to show up...”

:evil:
Listen, Reverend, my entire point was that they just mill around like they have no place particularly interesting to be.

You reverse-racist bigoted Tomlin apologists are the ones kicking this to the ash heap.

I'm done here.
Good day to you, sirs.

_________________
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&p=14295#p14295


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12043
Steeledge wrote:
Steel Drummer wrote:
dogwhistle

In politics, to make an innocuous statement which is designed to trigger previously indoctrinated bigotry & hatred without being recognized by outsiders for bigotry or hateful speech.

Ex. “Do you guys ever watch the Steelers' pregame stretch? It's like a buncha guys hanging out and carrying on, waiting for the work release bus to show up...”

:evil:
Listen, Reverend, my entire point was that they just mill around like they have no place particularly interesting to be.

You reverse-racist bigoted Tomlin apologists are the ones kicking this to the ash heap.

I'm done here.
Good day to you, sirs.



Exactly. "Dog whistle" is used by both sides to whip the useful idiots into a frenzy.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 499
So is "race-baiting."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 810
Steeledge wrote:
Steel Drummer wrote:
dogwhistle

In politics, to make an innocuous statement which is designed to trigger previously indoctrinated bigotry & hatred without being recognized by outsiders for bigotry or hateful speech.

Ex. “Do you guys ever watch the Steelers' pregame stretch? It's like a buncha guys hanging out and carrying on, waiting for the work release bus to show up...”

:evil:
Listen, Reverend, my entire point was that they just mill around like they have no place particularly interesting to be.

You reverse-racist bigoted Tomlin apologists are the ones kicking this to the ash heap.

I'm done here.
Good day to you, sirs.


You're done here because you've dug yourself into a hole and have the good sense to quit digging. I'll give you that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12043
Steel Drummer wrote:
So is "race-baiting."


No, actually "race-baiting" and "racism" are equivalent when accurate/appropriate. It's when they're bullshit that it becomes a dog-whistle.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6723
And who decides when it's actual racism or race baiting?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tubmonsters around the league
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
Kodiak wrote:
Steeledge wrote:
Steel Drummer wrote:
dogwhistle

In politics, to make an innocuous statement which is designed to trigger previously indoctrinated bigotry & hatred without being recognized by outsiders for bigotry or hateful speech.

Ex. “Do you guys ever watch the Steelers' pregame stretch? It's like a buncha guys hanging out and carrying on, waiting for the work release bus to show up...”

:evil:
Listen, Reverend, my entire point was that they just mill around like they have no place particularly interesting to be.

You reverse-racist bigoted Tomlin apologists are the ones kicking this to the ash heap.

I'm done here.
Good day to you, sirs.



Exactly. "Dog whistle" is used by both sides to whip the useful idiots into a frenzy.


The frenetic useful idiots are funny.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group