It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Anthem/Patriotism/The Flag...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:13 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
blu wrote:
no thanks to Donald Trump for exacerbating the issue.
This is exactly what he wanted. He wants to control the national discourse, yet again, and the media follows him around like a puppy. It distracts from his ineptness, shenanigans, and idiocy. No natural disasters available, so. . .

This is what I said in another thread.

Donald Trump likes to fuck with people, and they keep letting him.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:15 am 

Jeemie wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
blu wrote:
no thanks to Donald Trump for exacerbating the issue.
This is exactly what he wanted. He wants to control the national discourse, yet again, and the media follows him around like a puppy. It distracts from his ineptness, shenanigans, and idiocy. No natural disasters available, so. . .

This is what I said in another thread.

Donald Trump likes to fuck with people, and they keep letting him.

not sure hes smart enough to execute this. He is easily in the running for stupidest/ most ignorant fuck on this planet. JMO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:17 am 

If something doesn't make me money or make me happy, I move on.

Went to a game yesterday it wasn't fun even though I didn't pay. I wouldn't go again even with another free ticket.

As Seinfeld says, it's all rooting for laundry.

I am done with the NFL. Inferior entertainment product to college football in every way except talent level of players.

For all of you who believe that the NFL was just allowing freedom of expression, let me remind you of this:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09 ... et-decall/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:30 am 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
If something doesn't make me money or make me happy, I move on.

Went to a game yesterday it wasn't fun even though I didn't pay. I wouldn't go again even with another free ticket.

As Seinfeld says, it's all rooting for laundry.

I am done with the NFL. Inferior entertainment product to college football in every way except talent level of players.

For all of you who believe that the NFL was just allowing freedom of expression, let me remind you of this:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09 ... et-decall/

I could not have said it better myself. I have been a fan over 40 years and I am steadily reaching the point of not giving a fuck. The product on the field is shitty and it isn't worth being in a bad mood about it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:32 am 

If the Steeler players voted to stay inside for the national anthem & the majority ruled then Villanueva could have stood to attention inside & not make it seem that other players are not patriotic. The kneeling at the anthem was never an issue about loyalty to the flag but a free speech condemnation of a society where African-American men may more readily be shot/killed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:40 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
not sure hes smart enough to execute this. He is easily in the running for stupidest/ most ignorant fuck on this planet. JMO

You underestimate his intuitive understanding of what makes people tick at your peril.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:49 am 

Nick79 wrote:
...Why does it have to saturate every sports event, especially constantly throughout every single NFL game from beginning to end? It has nothing to do with FOOTBALL, and they ram it down our throats and act like you can't play a game without it?

I wish they'd stop playing the anthem at games, and stop with all the bullshit military displays every 10 minutes! It's a sport, it doesn't need any politics or patriotism, how about we stop dragging soldiers out on the field every 10 minutes to recognize them, let's send out some teachers or paramedics or social workers that HELP PEOPLE sometimes too along with some soldiers? How about ENTIRE GAMES where we don't mention "the flag", "the troops" etc. none of that has a damn thing to do with football, The main reason for the military overkill is the Defense Department PAID FOR IT. .

Always follow the money. The Dept of Defense and National Guard started paying the NFL in 2009 to show the anthem before games to conjure up more patriotism in the country. Before that it wasn't televised like it is now. Keep people happy and content while more of our freedoms are whittled away and the government spies on its citizens. But I love my football team and that flag sure is pretty. 'Merica baby!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:52 am 

SP wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
...Why does it have to saturate every sports event, especially constantly throughout every single NFL game from beginning to end? It has nothing to do with FOOTBALL, and they ram it down our throats and act like you can't play a game without it?

I wish they'd stop playing the anthem at games, and stop with all the bullshit military displays every 10 minutes! It's a sport, it doesn't need any politics or patriotism, how about we stop dragging soldiers out on the field every 10 minutes to recognize them, let's send out some teachers or paramedics or social workers that HELP PEOPLE sometimes too along with some soldiers? How about ENTIRE GAMES where we don't mention "the flag", "the troops" etc. none of that has a damn thing to do with football, The main reason for the military overkill is the Defense Department PAID FOR IT. .

Always follow the money. The Dept of Defense and National Guard started paying the NFL in 2009 to show the anthem before games to conjure up more patriotism in the country. Before that it wasn't televised like it is now. Keep people happy and content while more of our freedoms are whittled away and the government spies on its citizens. But I love my football team and that flag sure is pretty. 'Merica baby!
Remember during the 7th inning stretch they played take me out to the ball game? After 911 it was replaced with god bless america. Haven't been to a game in years, but do they still do that?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:54 am 

Jeemie wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

You underestimate his intuitive understanding of what makes people tick at your peril.

possibly and not to get into a major trump conversation, but again I highly doubt that

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:55 am 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
Many of us took the bait on this nonsense.

Reactionary vs rational.

I for one no longer give a fuck and will laugh in anyone's face for even bringing it up.

Fuck your "movement". Fuck your hysteria against this "movement".

I got no time for your nonsense ...and i'll no longer take the bait just because I'm forcefed the idea that I should give a fuck.

Solidarity - whatever. It's a f'n decision to stand or kneel. and everyone's wigged out. Give me a break. More coverage on it than the games. Take your drama out of my sporting event. I'm ignoring it from now on anyway.

Moving on.......

Agreed. Great post.

You want sports without politics? Good luck with that because Sports and Politics have been tied together for 100s of years. This post also highlights people who just want to ignore the world around them. People who doing nothing when bigotry, racism and inequality are coming from the highest levels of our own Government....yeah the legacy of that type of behavior isn't good.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next