It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: The Anthem/Patriotism/The Flag...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:20 am 

...Why does it have to saturate every sports event, especially constantly throughout every single NFL game from beginning to end? It has nothing to do with FOOTBALL, and they ram it down our throats and act like you can't play a game without it?

I wish they'd stop playing the anthem at games, and stop with all the bullshit military displays every 10 minutes! It's a sport, it doesn't need any politics or patriotism, how about we stop dragging soldiers out on the field every 10 minutes to recognize them, let's send out some teachers or paramedics or social workers that HELP PEOPLE sometimes too along with some soldiers? How about ENTIRE GAMES where we don't mention "the flag", "the troops" etc. none of that has a damn thing to do with football, The main reason for the military overkill is the Defense Department PAID FOR IT.

Me? I'm still watching my favorite TV Show, that's all it is. The protesters have legit gripes, I feel like everyone has legit gripes, the politics of America has ruined life for all of us! We used to be able to escape through sports and entertainment, now they stick politics into our fun too. Me I don't care about the anthem, I DVR the games so I can fast forward past all that useless pregame "and now to honor America" crap-I'm not watching to honor America, I'm watching to SEE FOOTBALL, all my life from when I was a little kid, I've always thought, "C'mon, get this anthem over with, and get to the reason we all showed up, THE GAME". And I will do that for the rest of the season, I'm tuning to watch football, other people's politics won't ruin my game day.

Post subject: Re: The Anthem/Patriotism/The Flag...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:28 am 

This response is an NFL operations optics clown show

The ops manual and Roger goodell are in complete contradiction. The owners seem not to agree on their own rules.... They're taking and dont give a shit..hoggy comes to mind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:29 am 

Because of exactly this 79. Folks keep talking about it keeping it relevant and media loves this crap with legs because it makes their jobs easy, and they'll continue to beat it to death as long as fans continue keeping it relevant. That means fans and others (POTUS) need to move on respectfully and quietly. JMO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:37 am 

Because the NFL gets paid for it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:39 am 

Wish all you want, Nick. They're NOT going to stop playing the anthem during NFL games, or at thousands of other sporting events throughout the country. Hell....when my kids were younger, the anthem was played at their swim meets.

It may not be played at music, plays, award shows...but it IS played at sporting events, and will continue to be.

So wish away, that tradition ain't changing, nor, IMO, should it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:39 am 

Since my thread on Alejandro got deleted I'll add this here

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2081 ... nueva-move

Steelers stepped on their dicks with the way they handled this

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:49 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Wish all you want, Nick. They're NOT going to stop playing the anthem during NFL games, or at thousands of other sporting events throughout the country. Hell....when my kids were younger, the anthem was played at their swim meets.

It may not be played at music, plays, award shows...but it IS played at sporting events, and will continue to be.

So wish away, that tradition ain't changing, nor, IMO, should it.

Then they could simply go back to pre-2009 and not have players come out before the Anthem.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:49 am 

fortythree wrote:
Because the NFL gets paid for it.

from our tax money.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:50 am 

i think this past offseason Roger would have been smart to go back to pre-2009 and just do the anthem before the teams come out on the field. It's a lose lose for the NFL.(if Fortythree is correct then that won't happen) Those that support the protests sure as shit aren't going to start watching football because of their support, and many people have been turned off by it.

I like to listen to sports radio and NFL recaps on my way to work Monday morning. The first 10 seconds of turning on the station they are talking about the anthem! Regular new stations are talking about the anthem! I turned the College station on instead. I'm sick and tired of it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:50 am 

Many of us took the bait on this nonsense.

Reactionary vs rational.

I for one no longer give a fuck and will laugh in anyone's face for even bringing it up.

Fuck your "movement". Fuck your hysteria against this "movement".

I got no time for your nonsense ...and i'll no longer take the bait just because I'm forcefed the idea that I should give a fuck.

Solidarity - whatever. It's a f'n decision to stand or kneel. and everyone's wigged out. Give me a break. More coverage on it than the games. Take your drama out of my sporting event. I'm ignoring it from now on anyway.

Moving on.......

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next