It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: GET OUT OF MY SPORTS!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:24 pm 

StainlessSteel wrote:
Obviously wrote:
The flag and anthem they are protesting represents their very right to protest. It doesn't represent injustice, racism, bad cops, etc. Somehow Kaepernick and those who followed him believe our country is racist. It's not. Of course there is all that in this country and it is reprehensible, but the flag and country do not represent it.

I'm guessing this gentleman doesn't agree with you:

You could put a picture of Black Lives Matter and Antifa members up as well. The image and message of the KKK is no different than the image and message of BLM and Antifa. There has always been hate and will always be hate I'm afraid to say, but for the last 30 years, tolerance has prevailed, until now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:25 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
Quote:
what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure.

Thomas Jefferson, Paris, November 13 1787

Jefferson was a libertarian whack job. Makes Rand Paul look like a communist. Man he could turn a phrase, though. Thank god for Madison.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:26 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
StainlessSteel wrote:
Obviously wrote:
The flag and anthem they are protesting represents their very right to protest. It doesn't represent injustice, racism, bad cops, etc. Somehow Kaepernick and those who followed him believe our country is racist. It's not. Of course there is all that in this country and it is reprehensible, but the flag and country do not represent it.

You could put a picture of Black Lives Matter and Antifa members up as well. The image and message of the KKK is no different than the image and message of BLM and Antifa. There has always been hate and will always be hate I'm afraid to say, but for the last 30 years, tolerance has prevailed, until now.

You just compared BLM to the KKK. Astonishing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:28 pm 

So MNF starts with everyone on the field locking arms in a "show of unity".

It's almost so good it makes everything over the weekend seem a little....orchestrated. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:36 pm 

Quote:
There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.’

Unarmed Justine Ruszczyk was shot dead by police while Somali immigrant police officer is currently on paid leave.

Where was the outrage over this? Why wasn't the city set ablaze and business vandalized and looted?

Guarantee if Justine was a Somali immigrant and the officer was a white male that would have occurred.

For many, it's not the subject of protest that upsets people but the cherry picking and inconsistency in their outrage.

CK talks of oppression while wearing a Fidel Castro t-shirt.

There is very real and violent oppression occurring to this very day outside our country.

Out of sight out of mind though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:40 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

It's pretty fucking amazing, but it happens everyday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:45 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:
Quote:
what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure.

Thomas Jefferson, Paris, November 13 1787

Jefferson was a libertarian whack job. Makes Rand Paul look like a communist. Man he could turn a phrase, though. Thank god for Madison.

Decent strand of anarchist as well. Still a great writer and not all things considered a bad political theorist, even if many ideas were garbage.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:45 pm 

KC wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Unreal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:57 pm 

KC wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Sorry, but it's reality. Do you realize that BLM is trying to recruit black college professors at an alarming rate? Got a black college professor friend who told me of the nasty rhetoric that BLM approached him with trying to get him on their side in a college campus leadership role with the black students. It was no different from what the KKK would say. He was appalled to say the least! If you think BLM is a quality, anti-racial organization, I don't know what to say other than watch some videos from real black men. Look things up on youtube for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q4IEEbIo3c The young black man talks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GABTynOBi-E 56 y.o. black man talks of the Hipocracy of BLM.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:59 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
StainlessSteel wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Would you care to explain how BLM is anything like the KKK?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next