steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

GET OUT OF MY SPORTS!!!!
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9222
Page 1 of 33

Author:  R S [ Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:45 pm ]
Post subject:  GET OUT OF MY SPORTS!!!!

Let us sports degenerates watch in peace. Goodell, Kaepernick, Bennett, Kraft, Trump.....everyone! Can't we sit down on our fat asses, in peace, with a cocktail and enjoy our Sundy's!

https://soundcloud.com/maddogsportsradi ... p-protests


Epic rant.

Author:  KC [ Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GET OUT OF MY SPORTS!!!!

Won't happen.

Protests are just gonna be more widespread.

Wait until NBA season starts.

Author:  R S [ Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GET OUT OF MY SPORTS!!!!

So I guess the end game is to make it so obnoxious, you drive off half the people that pay the bills in the sport that makes you a multimillionaire. does anyone win? (this is not political, this is about something unrelated to sports overshadowing the games)

I watch hockey thank god. Haven't watched even a minute of a NBA game in a decade or more.

Author:  KC [ Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GET OUT OF MY SPORTS!!!!

R S wrote:
So I guess the end game is to make it so obnoxious, you drive off half the people that pay the bills in the sport that makes you a multimillionaire. does anyone win? (this is not political, this is about something unrelated to sports overshadowing the games)

I watch hockey thank god. Haven't watched even a minute of a NBA game in a decade or more.


I personally don't like the protests, but I 100% respect their right to protest.

Being forced to stand for a flag means we're North Korea.

I really don't want to be North Korea.

I believe the people swearing off watching the NFL don't really understand what these protests are about.

More room for others at the games, I guess!

Author:  Lynch [ Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GET OUT OF MY SPORTS!!!!

Wish it would lead to a reduction in ticket prices

Author:  R S [ Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GET OUT OF MY SPORTS!!!!

The NFL loses either way. Supporters of the protests who were not football fans to begin with are not going to support the players by watching and going to games. Current fans who are being turned off by the politics bleeding into the game will stop watching and attending as often, or completely. I don't think there are other "fans" to take their place anymore. I would have said there were 10 years ago. Not now.

Author:  R S [ Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GET OUT OF MY SPORTS!!!!

Lynch wrote:
Wish it would lead to a reduction in ticket prices


I suppose it could eventually. But that will be awhile. Unless you're talking about the secondary market, because that could happen sooner. Much sooner. Like this week.

Author:  Kodiak [ Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GET OUT OF MY SPORTS!!!!

I think all of these people burning their Steeler gear.....will be out shopping for new Steeler gear within a matter of weeks.

That is, unless the Steelers continue to be a dumpster fire, then I might even buy a jersey just so I can burn it.

Author:  sgtrobo [ Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GET OUT OF MY SPORTS!!!!

KC wrote:
R S wrote:
So I guess the end game is to make it so obnoxious, you drive off half the people that pay the bills in the sport that makes you a multimillionaire. does anyone win? (this is not political, this is about something unrelated to sports overshadowing the games)

I watch hockey thank god. Haven't watched even a minute of a NBA game in a decade or more.


I personally don't like the protests, but I 100% respect their right to protest.

Being forced to stand for a flag means we're North Korea.

I really don't want to be North Korea.

I believe the people swearing off watching the NFL don't really understand what these protests are about.

More room for others at the games, I guess!


excellent perspective KC.

Author:  Obviously [ Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GET OUT OF MY SPORTS!!!!

KC wrote:
R S wrote:
So I guess the end game is to make it so obnoxious, you drive off half the people that pay the bills in the sport that makes you a multimillionaire. does anyone win? (this is not political, this is about something unrelated to sports overshadowing the games)

I watch hockey thank god. Haven't watched even a minute of a NBA game in a decade or more.


I personally don't like the protests, but I 100% respect their right to protest.

Being forced to stand for a flag means we're North Korea.

I really don't want to be North Korea.

I believe the people swearing off watching the NFL don't really understand what these protests are about.

More room for others at the games, I guess!


Not looking to take their rights away. They have the absolute right to do what they're doing. Those of us who have a problem with them are pretty much what Swiss said. They've chosen the wrong thing to protest. The flag and anthem they are protesting represents their very right to protest. It doesn't represent injustice, racism, bad cops, etc. Somehow Kaepernick and those who followed him believe our country is racist. It's not. Of course there is all that in this country and it is reprehensible, but the flag and country do not represent it.

Page 1 of 33 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/