It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: POLL: Who's Watching This Week/ Who Is Really DONE!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 am 

dropemjaybird wrote:
It's a habit, I watched about 10 total minutes worth of last week's game, and only a few minutes of the 3rd qtr this game. Cut the grass during the first half this week, and went to a birthday party as the 3rd qtr was ending this week.

Essentially I don't care about the Steelers... I actually hoped they would lose. It's actually funny - in the short time I watch any of the game, it doesn't take long to see Todd Haley calling a crap game. With the apathy toward winning or losing I have with the Steelers, it's even moreso with the rest of the league. I used to put other games on, now I just don't give a crap. Pittsburgh is a football bubble.... there will still be lots of people watching games here, maybe not as many as before - but enough. Nobody gives a shit about the Titans, Browns, Jets, etc. As these bad teams fade into playing for draft picks, they audience will continue to wither. Each week my twitter feed is fed new photos of empty stadiums during kickoffs, not the Green Bay's and Pittsburghs... but a majority of the rest of the league where they just don't care about football.

The NFL is dying. Football is dying. High school teams are getting smaller and smaller, Midget Leagues are getting smaller and smaller. The anthem stuff is a very very small part of it, but it was a final nail in the coffin.

My personal problem with the Steelers comes from Tomlin and how the rest of the team handled the situation. They were cowards. None of them wanted to be seen kneeling next to Villenueava. It was as simple as that. That's why they pulled the locker room BS. After live streaming in the locker room after a game, getting suspended and holding out, throwing tantrums on the field - they made a combat veteran -a guy who risked his life to save friends in battle - apologize for standing for the national anthem. A bunch of players who have done everything in the world that to a normal person would be considered selfish in the face of a team game - made the one guy whose put his life on the line for his real team members apologize to everyone for making them look bad. That's gutless. Screw all of them.

I see. So you're going to be one of those internet folks who drop into football forums to complain about football but who no longer watches football. Out of habit, of course.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:30 pm 

dropemjaybird wrote:
A bunch of players who have done everything in the world that to a normal person would be considered selfish in the face of a team game - made the one guy whose put his life on the line for his real team members apologize to everyone for making them look bad.

Do we know that anyone "made" AV apologize?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:25 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
dropemjaybird wrote:
A bunch of players who have done everything in the world that to a normal person would be considered selfish in the face of a team game - made the one guy whose put his life on the line for his real team members apologize to everyone for making them look bad.

Do we know that anyone "made" AV apologize?

AV himself said it was a miscommunication on his part and that in doing so he embarrassed his team, coach and organization. He owned it. People are so fucking dramatic. Cry baby mother fuckers.