It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:18 pm 

Yes that’s who I am referring to. And yes I read your previous post discussing him or I should say excusing her of very similair and far more serious charges. And that’s why I no longer wish to debate this with you. Because I’m not actually debating you. You don’t have your own opinion based on the information that is out here. Instead, you find something that defends her and cite that as “proof” why your “opinion” is right and mine is wrong. It’s a back and forth of my “news” source is more accurate than yours. And can that really be relied upon in this day and age?

So I try to look at the information that’s out there and form my OWN opinion while you spend a few days searching the inter webs for a source that will provide an opinion for you.

Quote:
Clinton also did nothing to obstruct the FBI inquiry

That was but one line from that quote you posted that rendered it garbage. Unless of course smashing devices with hammers and having your IT guys wipe an entire server clean is “nothing”.

On one hand you have a 22 year old that took some pics. There is zero evidence that shows he was communicating with anyone as it would pertain to selling those pics or anything else along the lines that could be considered espionage. So it’s most likely they were taken for memoir purposes. Something I’m sure even you would admit occurs in the military with kids this age even bough they are aware it’s illegal and they could get in trouble. And him lying about it and trying to destroy evidence? I think a lot of people would try to do the same in his shoes when he knows he did something wrong and now has the FBI sniffing around. He knew what he did was wrong and against the rules and tried to get out of it. He did not and was punished. Rightfully so if we are going to apply the law as it’s written.

All that nonsense you posted from that article that tried to show how “different” the two are. I don’t see it. Sorry.

When the news of this first came out her first response (very typical of her) was to lie. Just like he did. She said there “were no work related emails” on her private server. Just “cooking recipes, yoga appointments, and death condolences”. This was proven to be a flat out lie when it was discovered there were in fact work related emails. Once that lie was no longer going to work for her she pivoted to “well there was no classified information” on her personal and unsecure server. This one doesn’t even pass the smell test as it was later discovered that she NEVER utilized an official .gov email while serving as SOS. So you either believe that she literally did no work while SOS (classified info big part of that job obviously) or she was once again, lying.

Turns out she was in fact lying as they most certainly discovered classified emails on her server. They even recovered emails between her and an aid discussing the fact that the IT guys had to take the server down because they discovered hack attempts. The aid was asking they should establish a .gov email for her to use in the interim and her response was no. And the reason, she was concerned with Freedom of Information Act disclosures. And that’s the very reason she operated in the manner she did.

She was required to maintain a record of all official correspondence and completely blew that off. Those are not hers but yours and mine. And that is the disconnect with people like her.

And then as the noose began to tighten there was the smashing of devices and the use of bleach bit to wipe the server clean. Are those the actions of an innocent person? One that claimed originally the only thing in there was yoga appointments and death condolences? And if that really was all that was there, WHY DESTROY IT? It literally would have been her perfect get out of jail free card. Truth is however that once again she was (not surprisingly) lying.

So post all the articles you want that dismisses her actions and provides you an opinion. They mean nothing to me. Because nothing in those articles eliminate the actions she did but instead find ways to excuse them and provide a sense of “move along, nothing to see here”.

If you believe all that then well, there is nothing more to say here. I’m also pretty certain if everything she did was done in the exact same manner but by someone on the other side or related to Trump all of a sudden your opinion on all this would be quite different.

So we have a kid that made a mistake. Took some selfies and later lost his phone. Phone is recovered and person happens to be former Navy and knew those pics were a no no. Turns it in and kid gets caught.

Hillary purposely runs all official business (business intertwined with personal foundation business which she assured Obama’s would not occur) on a private server that gets compromised. Classified info which she had a fiduciary duty to protect gets out (some found on freaking Anthony Weiner’s laptop and who knows where else) and somehow that doesn’t constitute “mishandling of classified information”??? Really?

And then the obstruction with smashing of devices and wiping server clean. Not to mention the weeks and weeks delay of handing over emails that weren’t deleted. I’m sure heavily screened too. And to you that is somehow acceptable behavior of someone who came extremely close to becoming POTUS?

You actually think that person should have been allowed to have even more power and control?

You sir are either extremely naive or purposely complicit because she happens to reside on the side of politics you support. Sad actually you allow a personal political preference to do cloud your opinion of things that actually occurred.

I no longer wish to change your mind. Everything I said here is but some of the reasons I feel the way I do on the matter. Posting stuff that quotes James freaking Comey isn’t going to change my mind one bit. And at this point it’s apparent no amount of evidence will get you to take off your “Stronger Together” bumper sticker or take down your “I’m With Her” lawn sign.

So I have nothing more to say on the matter and am trying to refrain from further discussion here. It’s still a free country and as such you are free to believe whatever it is you’ve been led to believe.

Enjoy he game tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:31 am 

Trying to catch up....but y'all lost me on like the 5th multi-quote

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:47 am 

Still Lit wrote:
If I had to choose between spending my time thinking about Plato or Nozick or which companies to target for buyout or investment, I'm going to reach for the books every time.

That's not bad

Is it sad that its my retirement dream? Honestly, I'm embarrassed that I know basically nothing about the arts.

Granted, I just want to sit on the beach and sip margaritas...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:45 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
If I had to choose between spending my time thinking about Plato or Nozick or which companies to target for buyout or investment, I'm going to reach for the books every time.

That's not bad

Is it sad that its my retirement dream? Honestly, I'm embarrassed that I know basically nothing about the arts.

Granted, I just want to sit on the beach and sip margaritas...

Neither one sounds very appealing to me....other than the beach & margaritas.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:44 pm 

There’s booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:29 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Neither one sounds very appealing to me....other than the beach & margaritas.

Noooooo.....not at all!

Granted, my enthusiasm for academia lasted all of 6 weeks in grad school. But from my perspective, a lot of the "masters" observed lessons we've forgotten. I don't want to dismiss that when it comes to discussing modern events.

Basically what I'm saying is I have experience and education....but I've grown a much greater appreciation for history, and I think it trumps both. I could start a whole new thread debating Keynesian vs. Classic economics.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:30 am 

955876 wrote:
There’s booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on...

JB was a good capitalist...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20