It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 pm 

Yeah, I get all this. You don't need those guns to shoot a pig. Somehow, if you had non-auto rifles, you would survive. Somehow.[/quote]

You are correct.. In fact I almost never even break those guns out of my safe unless I am just cleaning them..
But why should I have to be regulated in what I can and cant have??

Now if you want my gun control idea that would never pass.. however in my heart I think its the right thing
1. Mandatory safety course with a set of shooting standards that must be met. (you must be able to hit your target)
2. Mandatory background check both law and medical..
3. Once you pass all the standards above, you get a federal CAC card with your picture and a chip with all the data stored inside.. (just like my military cac card)
once you get that card you can go into any store and purchase any fucking gun you want.. show them the cac card they run that card in the federal system and if you get a green light then they add that gun to the card.. No more conceal carry needed if you have a gun on you.. you better have that card as well.
4. Card is good for 3 years but can be revoked in the system at any time with a felony crime or domestic violence conviction. (and there is the problem.. some fucked up government could ban them all at once..)

But none of that will work because as always it will be viewed as discrimination to the left.. I mean can you imagine needing a card to carry a gun.. when you don't need one to vote..

So lets stay right where we are at.. I buy guns I don't kill anyone.. I just hunt and protect my family with whatever gun I feel like buying..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:45 pm 

Tundralag wrote:
Yeah, I get all this. You don't need those guns to shoot a pig. Somehow, if you had non-auto rifles, you would survive. Somehow.

You are correct.. In fact I almost never even break those guns out of my safe unless I am just cleaning them..

Now if you want my gun control idea that would never pass.. however in my heart I think its the right thing
1. Mandatory safety course with a set of shooting standards that must be met. (you must be able to hit your target)
3. Once you pass all the standards above, you get a federal CAC card with your picture and a chip with all the data stored inside.. (just like my military cac card)
once you get that card you can go into any store and purchase any fucking gun you want.. show them the cac card they run that card in the federal system and if you get a green light then they add that gun to the card.. No more conceal carry needed if you have a gun on you.. you better have that card as well.
4. Card is good for 3 years but can be revoked in the system at any time with a felony crime or domestic violence conviction. (and there is the problem.. some fucked up government could ban them all at once..)

But none of that will work because as always it will be viewed as discrimination to the left.. I mean can you imagine needing a card to carry a gun.. when you don't need one to vote..

So lets stay right where we are at.. I buy guns I don't kill anyone.. I just hunt and protect my family with whatever gun I feel like buying..[/quote]

Trolling aside, I get that most people are responsible gun owners. And semiautomatic does not mean automatic. I understand that you are not shooting pigs with an M-16.

As others have pointed out: what we need is more stringent enforcement of laws already on the books, etc.

I admit I just don't get the interest in owning guns.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:51 pm 

Some scumbag walks onto your campus or classroom one day Lit you might change your mind.

Plus, just read an article about the increase in violent carjackings in Chicago. Easy targets when the criminals know most people aren’t allowed to be armed in the Windy City...

Chicago has them tough gun laws though. Tough on law abiding citizens to be exact.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:05 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Tundralag wrote:
Yeah, I get all this. You don't need those guns to shoot a pig. Somehow, if you had non-auto rifles, you would survive. Somehow.

So lets stay right where we are at.. I buy guns I don't kill anyone.. I just hunt and protect my family with whatever gun I feel like buying..

Trolling aside, I get that most people are responsible gun owners. And semiautomatic does not mean automatic. I understand that you are not shooting pigs with an M-16.

As others have pointed out: what we need is more stringent enforcement of laws already on the books, etc.

I admit I just don't get the interest in owning guns.[/quote]

I get ya.. Most people don't.. I have a great love for a fine quality guns.. mostly long guns.. German or Austrian made.. Pre world war 2 drillings and vierling are great guns that will never be produced again..most were hand made..
When I was stationed in Germany I got some great guns that will never be matched in the USA for quality or craftsmanship.. Most of those I have never shot nor will I..
I am sure my kids will be at the pawn shop 5 minutes after I am dead.. but for the last 35+ years I have collected some of the greatest firearms from around the world..
Just a great hobby..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:32 pm 

Sounds like quite the collection.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:41 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Swiss is right about the medical. I've crossed into your lands almost 100 times

Worked with your fine people, I've heard the stories about sick children and other emergencies. Single payer leads to serfdom

Single payer leads to being tied to a specific piece of land that you have to farm for a feudal lord until death? That's weird.

Funny you should mention 'land', that is being stolen from us land owners too, among everything else to make everyone have a 'fair' distribution.

You should look up the full meaning of that word. Mr. Literalglitterarty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:54 pm 

Stinger8 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
So your point is that because people wait for MRI's (not a life threatening situation) its justifies your per capita cost being more than double the Canadian cost??? Makes zero sense, like your health care system.

We dont depend on you we trade with you, here are the stats they are pretty even so we dont depend on you. Seriously stop dislocating your shoulder patting yourself on the back.
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c1220.html

Swiss sorry to bust your bubble but you aint our big brother in fact we have more philosophically in common from a societal perspective with western European countries that the USA. You are very "unique" from the rest of the world, different than us in many ways.

You know why people in PEI are super friendly??? Cause they are happy, is the USA a happy place??

Swiss dont agree with anything you said. zero.

Lol at this hijack into pol bs

Canada is more aligned to Europe because it loves the euro model open door policy

Swiss is right about the medical. I've crossed into your lands almost 100 times

Worked with your fine people, I've heard the stories about sick children and other emergencies. Single payer leads to serfdom

Absolute and utter lies. You know not what you talk about but have an agenda to protect your wealth, care only for yourself as your society slowly implodes and you keep a total segment of your society locked in a cycle of servitude (for your benefit). Congrats

Why would i lie ? I have no reason too, no narrative to sell. Canadian citizens who work and have families told me of their stories waiting for hours with sick children. It's first come first serve based on priority. What about those who come to the US for cancer treatment because if they don't they'll die?

In my constitutional right, i have a right to life, liberty and persuit of happiness. Free will and free speech and several other important things many men died to provide these freedoms, not freedom to leach of the backs of others. Your country has freedoms for the same premises, but not the same.

Our health system is bereft with lobby/big phama money laundering/scheming. Insurance and Govt tied at hip to bleed the common man. People say go to single payer to fix it, wrong, clean out the corruption, then have choice and free markets.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:57 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
(BTW I feel every bit as free as you and a lot safer).

Yeah, well I feel MUCH SAFER THAN YOU AND MUCH MORE FREE. AMERICA!!!! (emotional arguments are pointless)

Except those pesky things called metrics, statistics, which prove which one of us is actually safer. That would be me, not a feeling, a fact.
Please just look up the facts, oh what the hell here you go
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s-gu ... countries/

Yeay the USA wins (or loses?) as they have by far the highest score. Congratulations :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:53 pm 

You ever going to circle back and address the facts I tossed at you Stinger?

You know, the ones you dismissed as “Fox News conspiracy” and accused me of being an “old stupid viewer”. Uncalled for BTW. Especially considering you clearly knew nothing of the topic I was speaking to.

Operation Fast & Furious happened. Neither I nor Fox News made it up. Plenty of evidence available out there from many sources.

Last edited by 955876 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:58 pm 

955876 wrote:
You ever going to circle back and address the facts I tossed at you Stinger?

You know, the ones you dismissed as “Fox News conspiracy” and accused me of being an “old stupid viewer”. Uncalled for BTW. Especially considering you clearly knew nothing of the topic I was speaking to.

95 I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, seriously no idea.

I will stand by my comment that the majority of Fox viewers are old and stupid. If you are old (dont know) and watch Fox then if the shoe fits, sorry??

Fox spews conspiracy after conspiracy. Deflect, false equivalency, straw man... the Fox playbook.

There is a reason they were not allowed a license to broadcast in Canada, a real non partisan reason.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next