It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:47 pm 

Quote:
During the campaign, Trump promised to do many things on DAY ONE. One of those things was to prosecute Hillary. Trump stood on a debate stage with Hillary and promised to see her in prison if he won. It was one of the promises of his campaign.

Okay. Trump won. Republicans have all the power right now. The full power of the United States justice system can be brought to bear on Hillary now, and Trump promised to do it. So why is nothing happening? If she's so obviously so guilty, where's the prosecution?

For starters, other than getting rid of Comey the justice department is still chalked full of the same corrupt people that pretended to investigate her the first time and did nothing. There is obviously tons of evidence. If you disagree and show me how she didn’t commit those crimes. She did.

And the justice department looked the other way.

Personally, I think after he won it was better (at the time) for the county as a whole to let her bullshit go. She was essentially neautered of all power by losing and it would have been portrayed as being vindictive to make that a first priority of business. So on to other things that matter like policy, regulation roll backs etc.

Problem is, the Dems don’t want any part of working together for the county. Instead they all went full on “obstructionist” and created a “resistance”. Shit, you had idiots calling for impeachment before the guy did a damn thing.

And the republicans don’t have “all the power” in terms of the justice department. It was deputy director Rosenstein that appointed the Mueller. You don’t think he was close to Comey at all??

And let me ask you this, they were so quick to appoint special counsel to dig into Trump/Russia etc why not at same time appoint one for Hillary’s garbage?

The whole thing reaks.

And the challenge is still sitting there. Explain how she didn’t commit those crimes. Whenever it gets brought up in main stream media it’s laughed off like no big deal. Oh those emails.

Ummm ya, our emails that were wiped clean when it became apparent they might be seen.

Ever wonder to yourself what she had to hide that was worth wiping a server clean knowing full well she was breaking the law in doing so?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:58 pm 

Quote:
As to your other points. If the Justice department, under Trump, is not doing anything against Clinton it just might be because there is nothing to be done. You do realize that they can ignore Comey's recommendation and prosecute her. They are well within any statue of limitations. So if Trump's Justice department is not doing it you had better start asking why.

You are aware, well actually you aren’t, that it wasn’t even Comey’s job to do what he did?

The FBI investigates and then presents to the attorney general the case they have. It is then up to attorney general to determine if an indictment is to be issued.

Why were procedures altered in this instance?

In Comey’s statement he literally spelled out the case against her and then said oh but we aren’t going to do anything.

Then he babbled about “intent” which is funny because the law she broke had zero stipulation in regards to “intent”. Doesn’t matter.

Remember the sailer that took a selfie while serving on the nuclear submarine? The one sent to prison for “mishandling classified information”? He had no intent to distribute the pics. It was a selfie by some 20 something kid. Didn’t matter. There were classified sonar stations in he background of the pic he took so the law was broken.

And Hillary? She exposed hundreds of high level classified docs via her unsecure private server.

Same crime. One was an ant and one was Mount Everest. The ant went to prison while the other almost became POTUS.

And you think the justice department isn’t corrupt?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:03 am 

Quote:
So if Trump's Justice department is not doing it you had better start asking why.

He has been asking why.

Great question for Sessions who seems to have excused himself from all of it.

And Trump is backed into a corner. If he fires people because they aren’t doing their job it will simply get spun by the media and the Dems that he fired them because they had dirt in him.

And round & round we go.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:43 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
Pabst wrote:
I'm all for background checks as well - but the issue, first and foremost, is that the Texas shooter (and the Charleston shooter) both passed a background check because the government fucked up their records. Basically, i don't trust the federal government to handle records properly.
It wasn't the government. It was the Air Force, from what I understand. The military division of "government." I'm sorry it doesn't fit the narrative that the government is inherently bad.

Wait, what? Since when is the armed forces not a government agency? It falls under the DoD. The Air Force is a part of the government.

Also, my narrative is that the government is inherently incompetent & inefficient. Not inherently bad.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:42 pm 

Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Pabst wrote:
I'm all for background checks as well - but the issue, first and foremost, is that the Texas shooter (and the Charleston shooter) both passed a background check because the government fucked up their records. Basically, i don't trust the federal government to handle records properly.
It wasn't the government. It was the Air Force, from what I understand. The military division of "government." I'm sorry it doesn't fit the narrative that the government is inherently bad.

Wait, what? Since when is the armed forces not a government agency? It falls under the DoD. The Air Force is a part of the government.

Also, my narrative is that the government is inherently incompetent & inefficient. Not inherently bad.

But are incompetence and inefficiency qualities that are good or bad?

You are at least claiming that government inherently possesses bad qualities.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:44 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
But are incompetence and inefficiency qualities that are good or bad?

You are at least claiming that government inherently possesses bad qualities.

To me, 'bad' insinuates that they act with malicious intent. But sure, if you want to lump it all together, it doesn't really change my overall point.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:09 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:
During the campaign, Trump promised to do many things on DAY ONE. One of those things was to prosecute Hillary. Trump stood on a debate stage with Hillary and promised to see her in prison if he won. It was one of the promises of his campaign.

Okay. Trump won. Republicans have all the power right now. The full power of the United States justice system can be brought to bear on Hillary now, and Trump promised to do it. So why is nothing happening? If she's so obviously so guilty, where's the prosecution?

For starters, other than getting rid of Comey the justice department is still chalked full of the same corrupt people that pretended to investigate her the first time and did nothing. There is obviously tons of evidence. If you disagree and show me how she didn’t commit those crimes. She did.

Personally, I think after he won it was better (at the time) for the county as a whole to let her bullshit go. She was essentially neautered of all power by losing and it would have been portrayed as being vindictive to make that a first priority of business. So on to other things that matter like policy, regulation roll backs etc.

Problem is, the Dems don’t want any part of working together for the county. Instead they all went full on “obstructionist” and created a “resistance”. Shit, you had idiots calling for impeachment before the guy did a damn thing.

And the republicans don’t have “all the power” in terms of the justice department. It was deputy director Rosenstein that appointed the Mueller. You don’t think he was close to Comey at all??

And let me ask you this, they were so quick to appoint special counsel to dig into Trump/Russia etc why not at same time appoint one for Hillary’s garbage?

The whole thing reaks.

And the challenge is still sitting there. Explain how she didn’t commit those crimes. Whenever it gets brought up in main stream media it’s laughed off like no big deal. Oh those emails.

Ummm ya, our emails that were wiped clean when it became apparent they might be seen.

Ever wonder to yourself what she had to hide that was worth wiping a server clean knowing full well she was breaking the law in doing so?

all answers are here: https://suntzusaid.com/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:37 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Quote:
Still, one of the most common biases in media is that reporters miss the forest for the forest fires, focusing on crises over more-important, yet less exciting, trendlines. In 2015, ESPN laid off about 300 people, and it was a big story. Last week, it laid off 100 people, including several prominent on-air talents, and it was an even bigger story. But in the 18-month interim, its global workforce actually grew by 500 to 8,000—and it wasn’t a story at all.

So what does their overall payroll expense look like? If they cut 400 people averaging $100k/year and hired 500 people making $50k/year, then they've still dramatically cut their payroll. This is meaningless without numbers.

Whelp. Looks like more layoffs are coming: https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/11/09/espn-layoffs-staffers-sportscenter-talent-cuts

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:58 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:
So if Trump's Justice department is not doing it you had better start asking why.

He has been asking why.

Great question for Sessions who seems to have excused himself from all of it.

And Trump is backed into a corner. If he fires people because they aren’t doing their job it will simply get spun by the media and the Dems that he fired them because they had dirt in him.

And round & round we go.

up to 50 sealed indictments in past week. from d.c. pacer

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Au0aup ... QG4k0/view

keep in mind

Quote:
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

here is a blogger's take on the whole art of war with mueller investigation. it's theory based on what's occured to date

https://tttthreads.com/thread/926770966226595840

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:49 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

The whole thing reaks.

What power do Democrats have to obstruct anything? What Democrat resistance is keeping Trump from doing anything he wants? Are you saying Trump is at the mercy of the Justice Department? He can't call for a special counsel to investigate Hillary? What about Senate or House committee investigations? The Republicans own the federal government but are powerless to stop Hillary Clinton?

Oh, and give me a break with the "the Dems don't want to work together for the country" crap. The Republicans never came together to work with Obama. When the Republicans had the minority in the Senate they perfected the art of literally filibustering everything effectively requiring 60 votes to pass anything. Holding up Obama judicial appointments forever, never bothering to hold hearings for Garland. Oh those poor poor Republicans, all they've ever tried to do is work with the Democrats, and the Democrats have been so mean! Cry me a river.

I haven't forgotten the Hillary challenge.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next