It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am
Posts: 1311
955876 wrote:
That was a bunch of hot air Cor-Ten. You have been running around bashing capitalism like it stole your one and only girlfriend or something since you began frequenting this site.

You go out of your way to ad an anti-capitalist rant even when it’s not the topic of discussion. That’s the irritating part. I don’t get “triggered”. What I get is an opportunity to call you on things.

And while there are various & different types of economic subsets, the main two economic types are capitalism & socialism.

So if you hate one, it leads to one assuming you prefer the other.

The topic here is the declining quality of BSPN’s product and like clockwork here you are using as yet another excuse to get a dig at capitalism.

Capiatalism isn’t perfect. No system is. Nor do I “hold it dear”. But show me a successful socialist that isn’t part of the government mechanism.



I am a Canadian hence I live in a socialist leaning country. I am very happy living in said environment. In Canada (like the vast majority of socialist countries I.E. Scandinavia, Germany, Japan, Australia, Belgium, Austria, etc) according to metrics we have a better health care system for everyone than the USA, we have a better public education system than the USA, we have lower infant mortality rates than the USA, lower levels of poverty than the USA,significantly lower crime rates than the USA, lower levels of drug abuse than the USA, SIGNIFICANTLY lower levels of racism than the USA, cleaner air and water than the USA etc. What we do not have is as many rich people per capita than the USA. I would rather sacrifice some of my wealth for the good of the overall populace and live in a relatively safe, clean, happy and healthy environment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:23 pm 
Stinger8 wrote:
955876 wrote:
That was a bunch of hot air Cor-Ten. You have been running around bashing capitalism like it stole your one and only girlfriend or something since you began frequenting this site.

You go out of your way to ad an anti-capitalist rant even when it’s not the topic of discussion. That’s the irritating part. I don’t get “triggered”. What I get is an opportunity to call you on things.

And while there are various & different types of economic subsets, the main two economic types are capitalism & socialism.

So if you hate one, it leads to one assuming you prefer the other.

The topic here is the declining quality of BSPN’s product and like clockwork here you are using as yet another excuse to get a dig at capitalism.

Capiatalism isn’t perfect. No system is. Nor do I “hold it dear”. But show me a successful socialist that isn’t part of the government mechanism.



I am a Canadian hence I live in a socialist leaning country. I am very happy living in said environment. In Canada (like the vast majority of socialist countries I.E. Scandinavia, Germany, Japan, Australia, Belgium, Austria, etc) according to metrics we have a better health care system for everyone than the USA, we have a better public education system than the USA, we have lower infant mortality rates than the USA, lower levels of poverty than the USA,significantly lower crime rates than the USA, lower levels of drug abuse than the USA, SIGNIFICANTuLY lower levels of racism than the USA, cleaner air and water than the USA etc. What we do not have is as many rich people per capita than the USA. I would rather sacrifice some of my wealth for the good of the overall populace and live in a relatively safe, clean, happy and healthy environment.



We got more guns and more money. So there puckhead.

Lol :roll: :lol: 8-)


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 5433
Stinger8 wrote:
955876 wrote:
That was a bunch of hot air Cor-Ten. You have been running around bashing capitalism like it stole your one and only girlfriend or something since you began frequenting this site.

You go out of your way to ad an anti-capitalist rant even when it’s not the topic of discussion. That’s the irritating part. I don’t get “triggered”. What I get is an opportunity to call you on things.

And while there are various & different types of economic subsets, the main two economic types are capitalism & socialism.

So if you hate one, it leads to one assuming you prefer the other.

The topic here is the declining quality of BSPN’s product and like clockwork here you are using as yet another excuse to get a dig at capitalism.

Capiatalism isn’t perfect. No system is. Nor do I “hold it dear”. But show me a successful socialist that isn’t part of the government mechanism.



I am a Canadian hence I live in a socialist leaning country. I am very happy living in said environment. In Canada (like the vast majority of socialist countries I.E. Scandinavia, Germany, Japan, Australia, Belgium, Austria, etc) according to metrics we have a better health care system for everyone than the USA, we have a better public education system than the USA, we have lower infant mortality rates than the USA, lower levels of poverty than the USA,significantly lower crime rates than the USA, lower levels of drug abuse than the USA, SIGNIFICANTLY lower levels of racism than the USA, cleaner air and water than the USA etc. What we do not have is as many rich people per capita than the USA. I would rather sacrifice some of my wealth for the good of the overall populace and live in a relatively safe, clean, happy and healthy environment.


Trouble is, we aren’t Canada. And taking more money from those who do and giving it to those who do not is not going to transform this country into some sort of socialist utopia.

There are multiples of reasons why things are different here vs there and it isn’t just socialism vs capitalism.

A couple things you ignore, and this is big, is that Canada ranks dead last compared to its global peers in terms of foreign aid. That’s A LOT of money Canada can spend on itself rather than other countries. Think some of the billions and billions and billions of dollars the US sends overseas could do some good here if it were instead applied to our own citizens? I guarantee however if Trump announced drastic cuts to foreign aid spending he would be roundly criticized for having a “nationalists” or “protectionist” agenda. Funny I don’t hear anyone criticizing Canada for taking care of their own while telling the poor around the world to F off.

Also check how much Canada spends on defense spending vs the U.S. Also ranking extremely low vs their peers. Do you think Canada would have the luxury of spending so little on defense if big brother didn’t live right next door?

You see, it isn’t so simple as hey raise our taxes a bit and society as a whole will be better. People in the US are tired of tax increases much because of where our politicians spend OUR MONEY.

If my tax dollars went directly to my local communities to make them stronger & safer it would be better for all. But that is not the case like it is up north for you where Canada looks out only for Canada. Something I’ve seen you criticize US taxpayers of. All the while, your country is even more guilty if it.

So stop spouting the “greater good” when as a nation, Canada is only in it for Canada.

I’d be way more on board for some of the things you mention IF that’s where my tax dollars went instead of some of the places it really goes.

It’s not an apples to apples comparison. Crank up the amount of foreign aid Canada ships around the world rather than spending that money at home and see what happens to your perfect bubble.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:03 pm 
955876 wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
955876 wrote:
That was a bunch of hot air Cor-Ten. You have been running around bashing capitalism like it stole your one and only girlfriend or something since you began frequenting this site.

You go out of your way to ad an anti-capitalist rant even when it’s not the topic of discussion. That’s the irritating part. I don’t get “triggered”. What I get is an opportunity to call you on things.

And while there are various & different types of economic subsets, the main two economic types are capitalism & socialism.

So if you hate one, it leads to one assuming you prefer the other.

The topic here is the declining quality of BSPN’s product and like clockwork here you are using as yet another excuse to get a dig at capitalism.

Capiatalism isn’t perfect. No system is. Nor do I “hold it dear”. But show me a successful socialist that isn’t part of the government mechanism.



I am a Canadian hence I live in a socialist leaning country. I am very happy living in said environment. In Canada (like the vast majority of socialist countries I.E. Scandinavia, Germany, Japan, Australia, Belgium, Austria, etc) according to metrics we have a better health care system for everyone than the USA, we have a better public education system than the USA, we have lower infant mortality rates than the USA, lower levels of poverty than the USA,significantly lower crime rates than the USA, lower levels of drug abuse than the USA, SIGNIFICANTLY lower levels of racism than the USA, cleaner air and water than the USA etc. What we do not have is as many rich people per capita than the USA. I would rather sacrifice some of my wealth for the good of the overall populace and live in a relatively safe, clean, happy and healthy environment.


Trouble is, we aren’t Canada. And taking more money from those who do and giving it to those who do not is not going to transform this country into some sort of socialist utopia.



Yes it will. It has in every other developed country in the world.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 5433
Funny you disregard the meat & potatoes of the rest of my post.

I get it though, you are looking for a “raise”. Please find it elsewhere as I already pay my fair share.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am
Posts: 1311
955876 wrote:
Funny you disregard the meat & potatoes of the rest of my post.

I get it though, you are looking for a “raise”. Please find it elsewhere as I already pay my fair share.


You know with people like you there will always be an excuse why being progressive, moving forward, helping others will not work in the USA. All I can say is look at other developed countries around the world, they provide proof that you CAN cut your health care expenses in half or better by providing those services through the government. That common sense guns laws WILL cut the number of senseless deaths significantly, that implementing environmental protections WILL improve everyone's quality of life and help ensure the planet will continue to thrive WITHOUT hurting your economy etc etc etc. BUT me thinks you and your ilk (and there are plenty on this site) will always fall back to but but MURICA!!! SMH :( :( :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 5433
Funny how you can speak with such a condescending smugness in reference to “people like you”.

What type of person is that exactly? I’m but a guy with a couple of kids, a sick wife, and lots of finnancial obligations. A guy that sees approx 42% of his paycheck taken by various Fed and state taxes before he gets his own hands on it. A guy who sees that his government’s spending is out of control yet they want more of my earned dollars to pay for more of their own out of control spending.

Ya, “people like me” are tired of writing a blank check to our government with zero accountability. What horrible monsters people of my “ilk” must be. Typical liberal response.

It has zero to do with “Murica” and all to do with my OWN families well being. Because guess what, I’m the one responsible for that well being. I don’t get sit back and wait for someone else to support me and my family. I also like how you glossed over my points that Canada pays out the least amount of foreign aid amongst its peers. So you disparage an individual for not wanting to pay more to his government because he disagrees with their reckless spending all the while your own county that you champion does next to nothing to help the poor around the world. Irony at its finest.

Hey, I think it’s great that Canada lives in its own little bubble and doesn’t spend money on foreign aid. But that ain’t us. So the comparison isn’t the same.

But hey, if making derogatory comments about a stranger and how they should spend their money makes you feel morally superior knock yourself out.

And about those “common sense” gun laws. Can you cite one? Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the country yet has among the most gun violence in the country. Hmmmm, could it be criminals don’t obey gun laws? Buy their stuff on the street. Say it ain’t so.

And I’m for environmental protections. What I’m not for is MY TAX DOLLARS paying for environmental reforms in OTHER countries in a large disproportionate amount. Oh wait, you live in Canada and don’t need to worry about such things. Your tax dollars stay in house. A house where you can sit and cast judgement on others with such limited and biased information.

Here’s a number for you. If I work another 20 years, I’ll pay about and likely over $300,000 into our social security program over that time period. That is in addition to the approx. $150,000 I’ve already paid. Yet I’m told it won’t be there for me at worst and at best it will be a reduced benefit. So that’s $450,000 taken from me that I won’t receive a fair return back on.

Yet people like YOU disparage people like me for not wanting to pay even more.

Go figure... :roll: :roll: :roll:


Last edited by 955876 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 2193
Stinger8 wrote:
You know with people like you there will always be an excuse why being progressive, moving forward, helping others will not work in the USA. All I can say is look at other developed countries around the world, they provide proof that you CAN cut your health care expenses in half or better by providing those services through the government.

Literally all progress and innovation in the medical field comes out of the United States. You're welcome.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 8521
Few things.....

*I own property in Canada....Prince Edward Island. I love it there, place is beautiful, people are super-friendly. HOWEVER....the health care system is NOT what it's cracked up to be. These patient people sometimes wait months for necessary medical procedures like MRIs.

*Aside from the points that '95 makes, re: level of foreign aid, etc., we're really looking at apples and oranges demographically. Canada doesn't have near the level of inner city population and the vastly increased levels of poverty and crime that afflict those areas.

*And...deny it all you want, Stinger...but the biz about the United States of America being akin to Canada's big brother is absolutely true. Canada is dependent upon the USA in may ways....common knowledge.

_________________
#NoMoTomlin!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3645
955876 wrote:
And about those “common sense” gun laws. Can you cite one? Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the country yet has among the most gun violence in the country. Hmmmm, could it be criminals don’t obey gun laws? Buy their stuff on the street. Say it ain’t so.



Chicago's problem with firearms is that it is very close to Indiana and Wisconsin that have very lax gun laws. 1/3 of all firearms used in a crime that the Chicago police collect are from Indiana. Notice that New York City did not have the same issue with their firearm laws because Conn. and New Jersey have stricter firearm laws. DC had the same problem because it was surrounded by Maryland and Virginia with more lax laws.

Background checks for everyone buying a firearm would help. I would even let it slide for selling a firearm to a neighbor as long as the person selling it was responsible for 2 years if the weapon is used in a crime. Make all kits that turn semi-automatic weapons into automatics illegal. Retroactively. If you are found to have a firearm that is automatic and you do not have the Federal license for a machine gun then you get arrested and all your weapons are taken.

Make straw sales of firearms a much more harsh fine. Do not allow convicted felons to be able to purchase or have a firearm. Did you know in Kentucky and Wyoming a felon can't vote but can purchase a firearm. That shit is crazy.

I would love to see a law that takes weapons away from people who are getting treatment for mental illness. This would mean putting money into mental health programs that can help the people and find them.

I would also get rid of all assault style weapons unless the owner had a federal permit as a collector. There is no reason to have them. No one hunts with them. There are much better firearms for home defense.

None of the above will happen because the NRA, that is run by the firearms manufacturers, will run a FUD campaign. No firearms laws can be put into effect in America. If it could not be done after Sandy Hook then it is not getting done.

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them."
--George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 9659
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/world/which-countries-get-the-most-foreign-aid/

Quote:
At the top of this page, you’ll see what a tiny fraction of the entire federal budget is devoted to foreign assistance — just about 1 percent.

Something tells me that the whopping one percent of our federal budget that we spend on foreign aid is not the reason that we can't take care of our own people.

http://theconversation.com/us-foreign-aid-explained-74810

According to this, Canada spends 0.28% of its Gross National Income on foreign aid, while the United States spends 0.17% of it's GNI on foreign aid. At any rate, I don't believe spending on foreign aid has anything to do with why Canada gets to be Socialist, and the United States has to be Laissez-faire.

http://www.ncpssm.org/EntitledtoKnow/entryid/1907/Rather-Than-Slashing-Social-Security-How-About-Lifting-the-Cap

Raising the payroll tax cap can stabilize Social Security. There is no reason to talk about Social Security not being there or of having to cut benefits.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 9659
I was thinking there should be mandatory insurance on all firearms like with cars. Any damage done by your firearm gets paid for by your insurance. I'm curious what the rates for that would be.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 2193
jebrick wrote:
Notice that New York City did not have the same issue with their firearm laws because Conn. and New Jersey have stricter firearm laws. DC had the same problem because it was surrounded by Maryland and Virginia with more lax laws

Then how is it that Hartford, Conn has the 8th highest murder rate in the country? Additionally, states like Utah & Idaho have very loose gun laws and very low murder rates.

It's not like its that difficult to bring a gun from Maryland or Virginia to NYC. There's alot more to it than that.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 5433
Statistics can be used to favor many sides of an argument Poltargyst. The numbers I saw showed US spending about $40 billion annually (most) and Canada paying about $4 billion (least) among the major developed nations.

Only a true liberal would act like $36 BILLION dollars is nothing.

You are being purposely naive if you are actually going to make the argument that our gov doesn’t recklessly spend our tax payer dollars. More so if you are going to make an apples to apples comparison to US & Canada in terms of said spending.


Last edited by 955876 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 5433
Quote:
Make straw sales of firearms a much more harsh fine.


Glad you mentioned that. It’s already a felony. 10 years in prison and up to $250,000 fine.

Unless of course you are the attorney general (Holder) and the POTUS (Obama). Because if you are them you can create your own operation of straw purchases to Mexican cartel members. Then, when one of the firearms you allowed into the hands of said cartel members is used to murder a U.S. customs agent you get what you really want which is to say, see this is why we need tougher gun laws. All the while knowing your own dim witted program is what put that gun into the cartel’s hands.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 5433
Quote:
Raising the payroll tax cap can stabilize Social Security. There is no reason to talk about Social Security not being there or of having to cut benefits.


You know what would help before that?

How about not allowing people to receive social security benefits who have not paid into the system.

Social security is NOT an “entitlement”. People pay in order to receive. Our government has stolen from and bastardized what SS was supposed to be.

You shouldn’t be able to show up here and receive SS right along with someone who has been paying into it their entire workin life.

Not surprised your immediate “solution” was to make those that already fund it pay even more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am
Posts: 1311
swissvale72 wrote:
Few things.....

*I own property in Canada....Prince Edward Island. I love it there, place is beautiful, people are super-friendly. HOWEVER....the health care system is NOT what it's cracked up to be. These patient people sometimes wait months for necessary medical procedures like MRIs.

*Aside from the points that '95 makes, re: level of foreign aid, etc., we're really looking at apples and oranges demographically. Canada doesn't have near the level of inner city population and the vastly increased levels of poverty and crime that afflict those areas.

*And...deny it all you want, Stinger...but the biz about the United States of America being akin to Canada's big brother is absolutely true. Canada is dependent upon the USA in may ways....common knowledge.


So your point is that because people wait for MRI's (not a life threatening situation) its justifies your per capita cost being more than double the Canadian cost??? Makes zero sense, like your health care system.

We dont depend on you we trade with you, here are the stats they are pretty even so we dont depend on you. Seriously stop dislocating your shoulder patting yourself on the back.
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c1220.html

Swiss sorry to bust your bubble but you aint our big brother in fact we have more philosophically in common from a societal perspective with western European countries that the USA. You are very "unique" from the rest of the world, different than us in many ways.

You know why people in PEI are super friendly??? Cause they are happy, is the USA a happy place??

Swiss dont agree with anything you said. zero.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am
Posts: 1311
955876 wrote:
Quote:
Make straw sales of firearms a much more harsh fine.


Glad you mentioned that. It’s already a felony. 10 years in prison and up to $250,000 fine.

Unless of course you are the attorney general (Holder) and the POTUS (Obama). Because if you are them you can create your own operation of straw purchases to Mexican cartel members. Then, when one of the firearms you allowed into the hands of said cartel members is used to murder a U.S. customs agent you get what you really want which is to say, see this is why we need tougher gun laws. All the while knowing your own dim witted program is what put that gun into the cartel’s hands.


Hey 95 watch Fox much??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obama bad, Clinton evil, must make up more conspiracy theory's and keep old stupid viewers brain washed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FYI Fox tried to get a license to broadcast in Canada, the government (damn socialists) checked out their programming and said um no thanks application denied :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am
Posts: 1311
Pabst wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Notice that New York City did not have the same issue with their firearm laws because Conn. and New Jersey have stricter firearm laws. DC had the same problem because it was surrounded by Maryland and Virginia with more lax laws

Then how is it that Hartford, Conn has the 8th highest murder rate in the country? Additionally, states like Utah & Idaho have very loose gun laws and very low murder rates.

It's not like its that difficult to bring a gun from Maryland or Virginia to NYC. There's alot more to it than that.


Source Piers Morgan an ardent Trump supporter

“That, Mr. Trump, is very definitely a ‘guns situation,'” he continued.

“Trump was very keen we don’t discuss gun control when pressed on it today by the White House press corps during his tour to Japan,” the famed British TV personality wrote. “‘It’s a little too soon,’ he explained. He said the same after Vegas, so I’m now confused; is it still too soon to discuss gun control in the wake of THAT outrage, given it’s only been 35 days?”

Because Americans appear to prefer “‘thoughts and prayers’ to new gun laws,” Morgan wrote, he decided to offer a “prayer” of his own.

“Dear America,” his prayer began. “I pray that you get off your weeping knees and take immediate action before yet more of you and your children get blown to smithereens. I pray that you stop pretending the answer to gun violence is yet more guns when the whole world knows this is utterly insane. I pray that your supine President finds the balls to stand up to the NRA and put the lives of his fellow Americans before the cash registers of Smith & Wesson. After all, when an Islamist terrorist ran over a bunch of cyclists in New York last week, he instantly demanded new laws to stop them doing it again. If this Texas shooter had been a Muslim, Trump would be doing the same now.”

“I pray for common sense, not blind partisan intransigence, to finally prevail,” he continued. “When Britain banned most guns after the 1996 Dunblane massacre, and when Australia did the same after the Hobart massacre the same year, politicians on all sides came together for the greater good of their country.”

For God’s sake, America, wake the f**k up to the ghastly, deadly, unending, worsening reality of your sickening gun-crazed society and DO SOMETHING,” Morgan wrote in conclusion.

Exactly a year ago, Morgan wrote that he believes that although his friend Trump is a “swaggering, shameless braggart,” he also “might just make America great again.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 8521
Stinger8 wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Few things.....

*I own property in Canada....Prince Edward Island. I love it there, place is beautiful, people are super-friendly. HOWEVER....the health care system is NOT what it's cracked up to be. These patient people sometimes wait months for necessary medical procedures like MRIs.

*Aside from the points that '95 makes, re: level of foreign aid, etc., we're really looking at apples and oranges demographically. Canada doesn't have near the level of inner city population and the vastly increased levels of poverty and crime that afflict those areas.

*And...deny it all you want, Stinger...but the biz about the United States of America being akin to Canada's big brother is absolutely true. Canada is dependent upon the USA in may ways....common knowledge.


So your point is that because people wait for MRI's (not a life threatening situation) its justifies your per capita cost being more than double the Canadian cost??? Makes zero sense, like your health care system.

We dont depend on you we trade with you, here are the stats they are pretty even so we dont depend on you. Seriously stop dislocating your shoulder patting yourself on the back.
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c1220.html

Swiss sorry to bust your bubble but you aint our big brother in fact we have more philosophically in common from a societal perspective with western European countries that the USA. You are very "unique" from the rest of the world, different than us in many ways.

You know why people in PEI are super friendly??? Cause they are happy, is the USA a happy place??

Swiss dont agree with anything you said. zero.


Of course you don't....because you summarily discount anything counter to your point of view. Point I'm making is that the Canadian health care system isn't all it's cracked up to be. If anyone's doing the patting on the back, Stinger, it's you.

As far as PEI....don't confuse friendliness with happiness. I know alot of people that that struggle like hell....have a tough time coping with prices, plus 15% sales tax...and don't get a favorable exchange rate like I do when I shop in Canada.

_________________
#NoMoTomlin!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3645
Pabst wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Notice that New York City did not have the same issue with their firearm laws because Conn. and New Jersey have stricter firearm laws. DC had the same problem because it was surrounded by Maryland and Virginia with more lax laws

Then how is it that Hartford, Conn has the 8th highest murder rate in the country? Additionally, states like Utah & Idaho have very loose gun laws and very low murder rates.

It's not like its that difficult to bring a gun from Maryland or Virginia to NYC. There's alot more to it than that.


I did not say that Conn had strict gun laws just better. They are near New Hampshire which has zero firearms laws. Compared to Indiana they are much stricter. Indiana is considering removing their firearm licensing law so anyone can just get a firearm with no check. Even the rubber stamp check they have now. The point is any of the local firearms laws are next to useless if anyone can travel to a less strict zone to purchase weapons.

You will see that unemployment and crime rate tend to go together. Policing also is a factor. Consider Odessa Texas, which has the 8th highest crime rate in the country. Most of it could be said it is because they have not been funding their police and have only 1 officer per 700 residence. Consider Little Rock Ark which is 5th in violent crime. Gangs are most of the cause there as they are in Hartford.

So firearm laws are only one factor in crime. Rather than cut the power and funds of the ATF, the Government should double their funding so hey can begin cracking down on illegal sales ( existing laws).

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them."
--George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8639
Stinger8 wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Few things.....

*I own property in Canada....Prince Edward Island. I love it there, place is beautiful, people are super-friendly. HOWEVER....the health care system is NOT what it's cracked up to be. These patient people sometimes wait months for necessary medical procedures like MRIs.

*Aside from the points that '95 makes, re: level of foreign aid, etc., we're really looking at apples and oranges demographically. Canada doesn't have near the level of inner city population and the vastly increased levels of poverty and crime that afflict those areas.

*And...deny it all you want, Stinger...but the biz about the United States of America being akin to Canada's big brother is absolutely true. Canada is dependent upon the USA in may ways....common knowledge.


So your point is that because people wait for MRI's (not a life threatening situation) its justifies your per capita cost being more than double the Canadian cost??? Makes zero sense, like your health care system.

We dont depend on you we trade with you, here are the stats they are pretty even so we dont depend on you. Seriously stop dislocating your shoulder patting yourself on the back.
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c1220.html

Swiss sorry to bust your bubble but you aint our big brother in fact we have more philosophically in common from a societal perspective with western European countries that the USA. You are very "unique" from the rest of the world, different than us in many ways.

You know why people in PEI are super friendly??? Cause they are happy, is the USA a happy place??

Swiss dont agree with anything you said. zero.


Lol at this hijack into pol bs

Canada is more aligned to Europe because it loves the euro model open door policy

Swiss is right about the medical. I've crossed into your lands almost 100 times

Worked with your fine people, I've heard the stories about sick children and other emergencies. Single payer leads to serfdom

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3645
955876 wrote:
Quote:
Make straw sales of firearms a much more harsh fine.


Glad you mentioned that. It’s already a felony. 10 years in prison and up to $250,000 fine.



It also has holes because all states do not have laws that force people to report stolen weapons. And by "stolen" I mean that the person does a straw sale and hands it to another person. Expanding checks, firearm registration and smart weapon technology would also help. Of of which the NRA is against.

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them."
--George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 11195
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Swiss is right about the medical. I've crossed into your lands almost 100 times

Worked with your fine people, I've heard the stories about sick children and other emergencies. Single payer leads to serfdom


Single payer leads to being tied to a specific piece of land that you have to farm for a feudal lord until death? That's weird.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 8531
Still Lit wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Swiss is right about the medical. I've crossed into your lands almost 100 times

Worked with your fine people, I've heard the stories about sick children and other emergencies. Single payer leads to serfdom


Single payer leads to being tied to a specific piece of land that you have to farm for a feudal lord until death? That's weird.

:lol:

_________________
“I have a bad feeling about this!”-Han Solo


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group