It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23379
Poltargyst wrote:
"Humble" is not a word I associate with the Patriots.

I'm thinking about a prime time game in Pittsburgh. The Pats are blowing out the Steelers, Brady scores a TD himself and spikes the football with great histrionics.

Humble.


They don’t have to be humble, like I said, because they can back up their arrogance.

But they don’t do their talking the week before the game (usually).

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
heres' another long thread which the jestering is since last spring

http://patriotsfans.freeforums.net/thre ... ead-laughs

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7811
Obviously wrote:
Or Anthony Smith's "guarantee" of a victory.


That wasn't what it was made out to be.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6976
Poltargyst wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Or Anthony Smith's "guarantee" of a victory.


That wasn't what it was made out to be.

As far as the Pats go...it was exactly what it was made it out to be.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 2666
The '00-'10 Steelers are to Pats as the 70's Raiders were to the Steelers, until further notice.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7811
Jobus Rum wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Or Anthony Smith's "guarantee" of a victory.


That wasn't what it was made out to be.

As far as the Pats go...it was exactly what it was made it out to be.

If you're saying it was distorted by the media and then was used to full effect by Belichick to motivate his team.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Posts: 1119
The soft as baby shit zone defense they played hung Anthony Smith out to dry, mostly - just like last years AFC Championship game. I'm sorry, but guaranteeing a win if your team makes no mistakes is hardly billboard material unless it's use hides the fact that he said they basically can't play stupid in order to win - which they did. If a pro athlete needs that kinda material to jack them self up for the big game, then their maturity level is on the 5th grade level. Then to think of it, most of these guys probably read at or near a fifth grade level, so it just might be normal! In Smith defense, he was right. They should have ripped the Patriots a new one that year had they actually played the way you need to play against Brady. Instead, they puckered their assholes, tucked their balls between their legs, and let Brady dictate the play of the game all night. So yes, they bitched out!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4375
Poltargyst wrote:
If you're saying it was distorted by the media and then was used to full effect by Belichick to motivate his team.


We can play the semantics game all day long, Polt. The fact of the matter is, BB's players don't say stupid shit prior to the game or they pay the consequences. Case in point, Wes Welker making feet jokes prior to a game with the Jets and their foot fetish head coach Rex Ryan. Welker gets benched for I believe was the first quarter of that game.

Anthony Smith said he could guarantee a victory if the Steelers all played their best or something to that degree. Well hell, that means their best effort could beat the Patriots best effort which we know at the time wasn't true. It was bluster, and Smith being young and stupid decided he'd make that claim. Doesn't matter if the media distorts it. JUST FUCKING DON'T SAY IT!!!

Tomlin and his staff which includes loudmouth Porter seem to encourage that kind of bluster. I don't mind the Steelers having the swagger and being confident in their abilities. Just don't do something stupid like they always seem to do before a Patriots game. Sometimes after with Tomlin bellyaching about headphones and opining for all to hear that that kind of thing always happens in Foxboro like a little bitch.

Again, all this shit will cease to be talked about once Tomlin can figure out how to get over the hump with BB. Like Coughlin did. And Harbaugh, Kubiak, Fox and the foot fetish boy.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7811
Obviously wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
If you're saying it was distorted by the media and then was used to full effect by Belichick to motivate his team.


We can play the semantics game all day long, Polt. The fact of the matter is, BB's players don't say stupid shit prior to the game or they pay the consequences. Case in point, Wes Welker making feet jokes prior to a game with the Jets and their foot fetish head coach Rex Ryan. Welker gets benched for I believe was the first quarter of that game.

Anthony Smith said he could guarantee a victory if the Steelers all played their best or something to that degree. Well hell, that means their best effort could beat the Patriots best effort which we know at the time wasn't true. It was bluster, and Smith being young and stupid decided he'd make that claim. Doesn't matter if the media distorts it. JUST FUCKING DON'T SAY IT!!!

Tomlin and his staff which includes loudmouth Porter seem to encourage that kind of bluster. I don't mind the Steelers having the swagger and being confident in their abilities. Just don't do something stupid like they always seem to do before a Patriots game. Sometimes after with Tomlin bellyaching about headphones and opining for all to hear that that kind of thing always happens in Foxboro like a little bitch.

Again, all this shit will cease to be talked about once Tomlin can figure out how to get over the hump with BB. Like Coughlin did. And Harbaugh, Kubiak, Fox and the foot fetish boy.


It wasn't bluster. It was the most bland statement that any player of any team would say about any game against any opponent. "If we all do our jobs, we'll win the game." Whoa, dude, slow down, don't be so controversial.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4375
VanWilder wrote:
The '00-'10 Steelers are to Pats as the 70's Raiders were to the Steelers, until further notice.


The Raiders beat the Steelers in the playoffs twice in the 70's so I would say the current Steelers are more like the Oilers of the 70's.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7811
Obviously wrote:
VanWilder wrote:
The '00-'10 Steelers are to Pats as the 70's Raiders were to the Steelers, until further notice.


The Raiders beat the Steelers in the playoffs twice in the 70's so I would say the current Steelers are more like the Oilers of the 70's.

Except the Oilers never won a super bowl, and these Steelers have.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4516
Poltargyst wrote:
Obviously wrote:
VanWilder wrote:
The '00-'10 Steelers are to Pats as the 70's Raiders were to the Steelers, until further notice.


The Raiders beat the Steelers in the playoffs twice in the 70's so I would say the current Steelers are more like the Oilers of the 70's.

Except the Oilers never won a super bowl, and these Steelers have.

The Steelers didn’t beat the Patriots on the way to those SB wins, The Raiders beat us. I think the Oilers is a good comparison.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Hubris edition with a lot of attitude, disdain...Etc, etc

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-pa ... s.1142032/

I hope in the end, it's all new and not the old result

All war is deception

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group