It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:18 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:

Who cares what Patriots fans are saying. We can hang 40 on the Patriots because they can't put enough pressure on Ben to force him into a bad decision.

I want some of that action. Avatar for a year the Steelers score 40 points on the Patriots?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:22 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Quote:
3-0

Brady’s record against Mike Tomlin.

Incorrect.

Winner! The 2011 game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:23 pm 

not looking ahead..but I'm not certain beating shit outta pats even if possible would be desirable outcome this regular season matchup....of course it helps home field but brady seeking revenge in playoffs vs steelers not my ideal scene....maybe we should lay down like the normal bitches we are vs pats and play the huge underdog roll in afc championship.. 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:53 pm 

bam morris wrote:
....maybe we should lay down like the normal bitches we are vs pats and play the huge underdog roll in afc championship.. 8-)

I don't know what a beatdown would do to the Steelers mentally (I'm thinking nothing). But if somehow NE were to come into that game 2 behind the Steelers, I could see Tomlin keeping it vanilla.....win the last two and take the #1 seed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:55 pm 

Barry my original post was very caffeinated. I just need to relax into the fact that there will be a Patriots thread every week. And that Steelers fans are obsessed with the Pats.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:16 am 

Stallworth16 wrote:
Our next game is against the Green Bay Packers in 9 days. Why are you starting a Pats thread. You should be starting a Green Bay thread instead. Wait till we play the Pats. We don't need more Patriots talk or to check what their fans are saying.

Because the Patriots own us and they are in not only in our heads but every other teams head.

A December win is nice but it won’t mean shit until we beat them in the Offs. I would rather beat them in New England anyways.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:20 am 

Obviously wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Quote:
3-0

Brady’s record against Mike Tomlin.

Incorrect.

Winner! The 2011 game.

Oh yes, the game where LeBeau changed his entire defensive game plan, it worked and then Tomlin never used it again??? Fucking insanity.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:28 am 

bam morris wrote:
not looking ahead..but I'm not certain beating shit outta pats even if possible would be desirable outcome this regular season matchup....of course it helps home field but brady seeking revenge in playoffs vs steelers not my ideal scene....maybe we should lay down like the normal bitches we are vs pats and play the huge underdog roll in afc championship.. 8-)

Honestly, I hope they realize it’s going to take TWO completely different Offensive and Defensive game plans (more defensive) to beat them both times.

I seriously hope one of the plans is to hit Brady late a few times especially early if he comes out successful. Kind of like Patrick Ewing goaltending vs NC in the day. Rattle him a bit.

Also, it will take a healthy running game to beat them too. I don’t think a shoot out is what we want.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:27 am 

Obviously wrote:
I want some of that action. Avatar for a year the Steelers score 40 points on the Patriots?

No much of a bet. I was thinking about making it my avatar anyways. :lol: Finding the gif was a bit of a gay adventure that I don't care to repeat.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:21 pm 

Bunch of dumb fucks in that thread, who cares what they have to say?

The OP thinks we still play at Three Rivers Stadium and another poster called football games "matches".

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:09 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Oh yes, the game where LeBeau changed his entire defensive game plan, it worked and then Tomlin never used it again??? Fucking insanity.

In order to pull that off, you need the pass rushers and you need the man to man cover guys, and I'm not sure we've had that since 2011, but I'm hoping we have them this year.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:27 pm 

brad45 wrote:
Steelers are more loaded than the Pats on both sides. The difference will be the Pats are smarter. Pats are talented, smart and humble. The Steelers are very talented,arrogant and dumb. The defense always talk themselves up from the Porter days and it continues. They have prima dona wide receivers and even their running back talks himself up telling other running backs not to compare themselves to him. Their head coach is another 1 that adheres to the beat your own chest and tell everyone how tough you are mentality. They are tough and talented but when they play the Pats they are shown up to be flat track bullies. Pats are tough and don't talk it up. From BB down they are humble and work hard. Steelers could beat them but Pats would have to have an off day.

This quote from the pat fan in the link pretty much says it all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:33 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
brad45 wrote:
Steelers are more loaded than the Pats on both sides. The difference will be the Pats are smarter. Pats are talented, smart and humble. The Steelers are very talented,arrogant and dumb. The defense always talk themselves up from the Porter days and it continues. They have prima dona wide receivers and even their running back talks himself up telling other running backs not to compare themselves to him. Their head coach is another 1 that adheres to the beat your own chest and tell everyone how tough you are mentality. They are tough and talented but when they play the Pats they are shown up to be flat track bullies. Pats are tough and don't talk it up. From BB down they are humble and work hard. Steelers could beat them but Pats would have to have an off day.

Very true and sums it up perfectly. It also explains my frustration with the Steelers and Tomlin.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:40 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
brad45 wrote:

Very true and sums it up perfectly. It also explains my frustration with the Steelers and Tomlin.

Mine Too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:13 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
Obviously wrote:

No much of a bet. I was thinking about making it my avatar anyways. :lol: Finding the gif was a bit of a gay adventure that I don't care to repeat.

Where is that gif from, Sesame Street? It's hilarious out of context!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:01 am 

Quote:
The difference will be the Pats are smarter. Pats are talented, smart and humble. The Steelers are very talented,arrogant and dumb.

Do any of you asshats actually believe that the Pats are more humble than the Steelers? That the Pats as an organization from top to bottom are not re-writing the record books for arrogant?

This is bizarro world over here.

Besides, that dude is basically just saying the Pats will win because they have more white guys. #stereotypes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:37 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Quote:
The difference will be the Pats are smarter. Pats are talented, smart and humble. The Steelers are very talented,arrogant and dumb.

Do any of you asshats actually believe that the Pats are more humble than the Steelers? That the Pats as an organization from top to bottom are not re-writing the record books for arrogant?

Besides, that dude is basically just saying the Pats will win because they have more white guys. #stereotypes

Great...the Undercover Mod B2B plays the race card.

Now, what that dude is saying is that the Patriots are more disciplined, less likely to call attention to themselves either leading up to the game or during the game itself.

Don't know how many of you saw the piece on Belichick, think it was the football life. His team's up by three scores late, there's a timeout on the field, his players are dancing, and Belichick flips the fuck out...puts a stop to that shit. My guess? Tomlin doesn't do that, he allows it, maybe laughs at it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:47 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Quote:

They’re arrogant after a game because eight times out of ten they deserve to be.

They do their talking on the field, not on Facebook Live.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:54 am 

Kindly move this thread to the dustbin.......

Let's discuss it again in the offseason

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:15 am 

BethlehemSteel wrote:

Beth, I gotta tell you....all due respect, if I had to make a list of Shit I Hate on this esteemed website, it's when posters ask for threads to be locked, moved, deleted. Simple alternative....don't like it, don't fuckin' read it!!

No offense intended.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:57 pm 

B2B, Mad Respect for you sir. I could not agree any more. The pats are pompous. Starting with their owner to HC then hemorrhaging down into the players all the way through to the groundskeepers and fans. Gritty, edgy and greedy capitalizing winners at all costs. They are eclectic. Invent new ways to hate them and their successes. Making it look easy and sustainable. They are poor winners. Smug, smarmy and facetious. Fuck you all we're better than anyone and we won't allow anyone near our success. Doing it year in and year out. The worst part of the whole thing? They'll be immortalized in Canton one day. Even though there are asterisks next to some of their SuperBowl winning seasons.
They are everything most Steelers' teams are not. Consistent winners in games, period. Whether the team(s) they face are above .500 or below .500 moreover, they don't attract negative attention to themselves through immature, selfish, self centered, pretentious and diva entitled antics like Steelers players are allowed to do. If a cheat player goes that route they are quickly dispatched.
Now I couldn't hate any one team any more than I do the cheats. That's after surviving the whiners through the 80's (here in California) and the crybitches in the 90's. That said, I think I hate them more because they are simply winners whether I agree with their process or not. The biggest reason is..., I hate that they often win consistently every season with players we've never heard of until they're on the field producing like all pros. I hate them more because there doesn't seem to be another NFL team to stop/defeat them on their journey with any consistency. I hate them more because they are The consistent Steeler Destroyers in any scenario presented. Home field or visiting. I hate them because their fan base is the Most insufferable as any douchecanoe fan base could be. Most of all I hate them because they are just One SuperBowl away from tying this great franchise I love unconditionally. Frustrating... Infuriating... Humbling.
Tomlin's Steelers have yet to decidedly defeat them on their turf (2011 don't count by my standard) and consistently beat them on our turf. Tomlin has yet to reign in his players and establish the Steelers as the dynasty to emulate. So because of that the consistently winning cheats are that dynasty most want to emulate. All the stat keepers and historians are all on the cheats bandwagon. Until Tomlin's Steelers defeat the cheats 'consistently' he and his teams are nothing more than a ne'er-do-well. They will always say..., Tomlin's teams were pretty-good but could never beat the nefarious pats, when it truly mattered. Or at all!
Instead we've had to enjoy that success through vicarious means watching other franchises defeat them. Giants, Ravens, Chiefs and Broncos. I'm tired as a Steelers fan of this unfulfilling reality. I want to see the Steelers 'themselves' smash the pats everytime they play. I do realize that may never happen. /Rant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:18 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

Beth, I gotta tell you....all due respect, if I had to make a list of Shit I Hate on this esteemed website, it's when posters ask for threads to be locked, moved, deleted. Simple alternative....don't like it, don't fuckin' read it!!

No offense intended.

None taken Swiss

All good

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:19 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

In order to pull that off, you need the pass rushers and you need the man to man cover guys, and I'm not sure we've had that since 2011, but I'm hoping we have them this year.

I think Cortez Allen was on Gronk that day-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:34 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

No offense intended.

This^

And B2B, shame on you for trying to deflect the real conversation here and drown it out by inciting another maniacal race riot.

That was a real asshole move, with all due respect...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:13 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Quote:

Wow! You read into it that the guy is racist! Hilarious. You do a better job being a Tomlin apologist. You should stick with that.